The Student Room Group

Pregnancy and Parenting Society Mark II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
need a bit of advice, not sure what to do.

will spoiler it for length.

Spoiler

This may still be your period despite it presenting differently. A pregnancy test won't be positive for 3 weeks after the episode of unprotected sex, so if it is a pregnancy you won't be able to find out right now.

If you haven't had an STI check since you started having unprotected sex with your new partner it would be worth doing that at some point.
Original post by Sarky
This may still be your period despite it presenting differently. A pregnancy test won't be positive for 3 weeks after the episode of unprotected sex, so if it is a pregnancy you won't be able to find out right now.

If you haven't had an STI check since you started having unprotected sex with your new partner it would be worth doing that at some point.

i know iv got to wait three weeks, will be testing in 2 weeks time to check. just find it all very odd, but as my period is so messed up due to PCOS its hard to know whats what.

were both clear, weve been together for nearly 2 years now.
need a bit of advice, not sure what to do.

will spoiler it for length.

Spoiler

1. Some people get light implantation bleeding in early pregnancy.
2. Some people have periods on early pregnancy and it doesn't mean anything's wrong.

Take a pregnancy test in a few days and don't worry.
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
Pregnancy is awful, I know exactly how you feel Sazzy.

As for the rash, it could be PUPPP. I had that with Lydia and Alex (worse with Lydia), and it was horrific. I used to sit in freezing cold baths of water just to ease the itching. Eventually (near the END of the pregnancy, which is typical!) I managed to get prescribed some tablets but I don't know what they were - not sure if they were some sort of antihistamine or something.

Not sure if that's what you've got though because mine was all over my arms and legs and bump, but not above my bum.

If it gets worse though get it checked out.

Original post by Kater Murr
I developed dry skin patches on my hands towards the end of pregnancy, which then turned into terrible eczema after giving birth. Three months and three doses of steroid ointments later it was still there, and then in the last week it's gone away without me doing anything to it. Pregnancy hormones must do funny things.

PIC! Sébastien is now just a few days off four months.1420456091772.jpg

Hmmm, indeed... pregnancy does funny things!

I did read about PUPPP and it actually does look like it but I don't think it is that because like I say, it is itch-free and it's also not in the 'common' places that most people get it... odd. May go to the doctors about it if it persists because it got all sore again today :frown:
Original post by Kater Murr
1. Some people get light implantation bleeding in early pregnancy.
2. Some people have periods on early pregnancy and it doesn't mean anything's wrong.

Take a pregnancy test in a few days and don't worry.

not getting my hopes up as were not actively trying, were seeing how things go, but if there was a positive i would be very happy.
I think I may have had a miscarriage. Never thought or knew I was pregnant but looking back I did have some symptoms of pregnancy. I have been looking at signs and symptoms of miscarriage online and from what I have seen, I have some of them. I have been bleeding heavily for a little over a week, had some white/pinkish mucus-y discharge, tissue came out from down there, and I had cramps and severe lower back pain. The tissue coming out of me is what really has me concerned and believing that I have had a miscarriage..but I would like some other point of views because I really am not sure and I just don't feel comfortable asking friends and family right now because like I said I didn't ever think I was pregnant and we definitely are not trying for children right now. Any thoughts, opinions, or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Original post by Sazzy890
It's weird isn't it because pregnancy is one of the most amazing things ever but also very sucky at the same time :tongue:

I didn't use bubble bath this time, but it could be that I use scented soap.. never affected my skin before but could be a pregnancy thing. Thanks for the suggestion and the offer, however not to worry, I think I'll just buy one tomorrow :smile: Which one do you use for Isaac?

and afterwards you will miss it!

had the opposite and my awful sensitive skin really cleared up but started getting loads of spots instead! skin gone back to being awful now :hmpf:
Original post by Antimatter
Have you got a sling? It's a lifesaver for us when Izzy won't settle down. He usually falls asleep pretty quickly...

I hope you got some good sleep tonight nonetheless :jumphug:

think i may have to, not even daddy will do now! been looking at the connecta but keep being told im making a rod for my own back by getting a sling.

sorry for not replying on fb btw, my chat app is not working :nn:
whoops that was me!

randdom
xx

I think you are only person I know who had a section to ask but how long was your tummy tender for? 7 weeks later it is still really sore to touch :frown:
Original post by letsdothetimewarpagain
whoops that was me!

I think you are only person I know who had a section to ask but how long was your tummy tender for? 7 weeks later it is still really sore to touch :frown:

Mine still occasionally gets a sharp stabbing pain in it (about once every couple of weeks) but we are getting there healing wise. I think that it really started to feel better at about 10 weeks but nearly 7 months later it still isn't normal (I still have a large numb area above it). It is a long process :frown:
I think I may have had a miscarriage. Never thought or knew I was pregnant but looking back I did have some symptoms of pregnancy. I have been looking at signs and symptoms of miscarriage online and from what I have seen, I have some of them. I have been bleeding heavily for a little over a week, had some white/pinkish mucus-y discharge, tissue came out from down there, and I had cramps and severe lower back pain. The tissue coming out of me is what really has me concerned and believing that I have had a miscarriage..but I would like some other point of views because I really am not sure and I just don't feel comfortable asking friends and family right now because like I said I didn't ever think I was pregnant and we definitely are not trying for children right now. Any thoughts, opinions, or advice would be greatly appreciated.

I have also just had something like this, however the more I think about it, I think it was just a heavy period. Clotting can happen.. but if you know for a fact that this is not your normal experience of periods, and there was a chance you could have been pregnant, I would recommend you go to see your doctor.
I think I may have had a miscarriage...

You could do a sensitive (like CB digi with conception indicator) pregnancy test if you're that curious? It might still show up positive if you were - mine were still positive 2-4 weeks after miscarriage bleeding started.
Knowing might be helpful if you go on to have more to count them.

In my experience there was a definite difference between heavy clotting even with a miscarriage (I passed insane clots a few days after an ERPC - where the vast majority of tissue had been sucked out but presumably as my uterus contracted back to empty size blood was being squeezed out - it looked like black chunks of liver) and the gestational sac with an earlier miscariage (like a deflated 1cm whiteish stringy balloon).

Anonymous

think i may have to, not even daddy will do now! been looking at the connecta but keep being told im making a rod for my own back by getting a sling.

My daughter basically lived in a sling from about 5pm-midnight every day from 4 weeks to weaning at 6 months because she'd just scream and fuss with colic/?reflux otherwise. I'd go about my evening and eat food etc. & she'd eventually settle & snooze on me. She also hated the pram initially so I'd be optimistically pushing this empty pram with my changing bag in & wearing her in the sling!

It depends what you're using it for - I don't think we made a rod.
I was keen to work on self-settling skills when she wasn't distressed (so the morning nap and final bedtime) but it wasn't a battle worth fighting at the other times & being close to me/upright in a sling/sensory deprived by being close and constrained seemed to be what she needed. She's now 1.5yrs & a super daytime & nighttime sleeper in her cot - usually lie her down awake, wave goodbye & we're done.

Ours is the connecta integra which I like as it's sort of semi structured - quick/easy to clip up but soft & can roll up small. Also the canopy (& muslin) was essential when she was tiny and overstimulated. I still use it now in a front carry during the week for our "commute" together & she's 14kg! :biggrin: It can do back carry too.
But not forward facing front carry - though TBH I don't think that position looks great for weight distribution for either of us.

If we ever have another ( :bawling: ) I might also try a completely soft sling so I could use it earlier (did want to wait till better head control for the connecta but by 1 month she was fine) & try to breast feed in a side tie in it. In London at least there are "sling libraries" or "sling meets" (facebook/google) to try out different ones.

sorry for not replying on fb btw, my chat app is not working :nn:

I would do whatever you need to at the moment. I would also deffinitely recommend a sling. They can be great to get them to settle for naps or if they are refusing that then at least keeping them close to you and giving you hands free. We have one of these http://lillebaby.com/baby-carriers/ and it is a life saver.

I am having a pretty miserable time of it sleep wise. Isaac is waking up at least 3 times a night for milk at the moment. I have tried a dummy but that doesn't work he seems to be genuinely hungry when he wakes. He is nearly 7 months now and I was hoping to look into moving him into the nursery but I am worried that if he continues to wake up three times a night that will be awful :frown:
Was all ready to get a sling but Chelsea got diagnosed with the hip dysplasia and have been told she can't use a fair few things and it's overwhelming trying to find a sling/carrier that will keep her legs in the right position.

Also gutted because we were meant to be starting swim classes on Monday but she is harnessed up 24 hours a day for 12 weeks so can't do that.

Frustrating!

Randdom some babies settle better once in their own rooms, others get worse or stay the same. Definitely worth a try!
(edited 9 years ago)
spoilering for TMI and confusedness

Spoiler

spoilering for TMI and confusedness

Spoiler

If it's worrying you, it's definitely worth mentioning! You know your own body, and you know if things aren't normal for you.
I'm back :biggrin: Long time no speak! OMG I haven't been on here for almost 4 years :O So happy it is still here :biggrin:
Original post by h82think
I'm back :biggrin: Long time no speak! OMG I haven't been on here for almost 4 years :O So happy it is still here :biggrin:

Oh wow hi stranger! How have you been?! x
Hi guys,

I took 2 tests today and both were dark lines and positive. (Each test was a different brand)! I am in shock. I went to my scan 4 weeks ago which showed I was ovulating. But when I was pregnant last time I didnt get a positive until I was 7 weeks. This makes me about 4 weeks. I tested because I have felt very tired past few days and my breasts have been very sore especially on the weekend when I woke up they were incredibly sore. Having said that a few days ago I had some brown discharge light pink when I wiped but after that nothing.

Could this be a false positive? I made an appointment with my gp day after tomorrow.
This would make me pregnant again after 9 months of trying since my miscarriage.
. I went to my scan 4 weeks ago which showed I was ovulating. But when I was pregnant last time I didnt get a positive until I was 7 weeks. This makes me about 4 weeks. I tested because I have felt very tired past few days and my breasts have been very sore especially on the weekend when I woke up they were incredibly sore. Having said that a few days ago I had some brown discharge light pink when I wiped but after that nothing.

Could this be a false positive? I made an appointment with my gp day after tomorrow.
This would make me pregnant again after 9 months of trying since my miscarriage.

Nope - false negatives are possible (too early, test not sensitive enough etc.) but no real reason why you could get a false positive. So congratulations!

Although your dates sound a bit confusing - if you ovulated 4 weeks ago (seen on a scan) then you'd be 6 weeks along because pregnancies are dated from last period (or adjust to 2 weeks pre ovulation if you have atypical cycle lengths) not ovulation. You could do one of those pregnancy tests with a conception indicator?

Would be important to mention the discharge to your GP and with a history of miscarriage I'd definitely be asking for an early scan around 6-7 weeks.

I am currently 2WW in first proper cycle after my second miscarriage. Impatient! :bawling: & only really have February to try again if no joy before a TTC-break is needed for 6 months or so as a winter 2015/early 2016 baby would be awkward career wise.

Quick Reply

Latest