The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Midnightmemories
*cough* *cough* just like my maths homework *cough* *cough*

Aha so it's not only me
Original post by Déscartés
I know the IBs pretty tough but you've actually got it pretty easy apart from history. What's the combination for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm planning on doing my undergrad in history and education soooooo .... :smile: what are you taking?
Original post by LeFeuilly
I'm planning on doing my undergrad in history and education soooooo .... :smile: what are you taking?

Well good luck :yes: I'm probably doing maths, econ and chem higher and English lit, philosophy standard and Chinese ab initio. I'm thinking of economics at uni so...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Déscartés
Well good luck :yes: I'm probably doing maths, econ and chem higher and English lit, philosophy standard and Chinese ab initio. I'm thinking of economics at uni so...

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's fantastic :biggrin: Good luck to you too
I just got my results today and other than French and Physics, I'm pretty happy. Good luck with yours.

P.S.

Sorry for the horrible grammar :frown:
can I just ask, you know if I have finished my mock exams, can I ask my teachers for the recent papers? Just wondering...
hey guys!
so, another question, you know if I have all finished by mocks, would it be OK to have some exam papers given here?
Proper hate procrastinating! Any ideas on how to stop this? I don't wanna stress out and fail my exams!
Original post by carliecarliecarl
can I just ask, you know if I have finished my mock exams, can I ask my teachers for the recent papers? Just wondering...

I Doubt they'll give you any in the 2014 series because those are supposed to be restricted for teachers only so they can be used accurately for passed papers; if they give them out to every tom dick and harry then eventually they can't be sure if people are cheating in mocks.

Any other ones they'll probably give you if not you ca find them on exam board websites by googling the exam code and board.

I'm sure they'd give you them if you asked! I got back all of my mock papers for revision purposes and most of them were the 2014 ones...only my English teacher wouldn't let us take them home. There's no harm in asking :smile:
Is anyone here still undecided about their A Level options? I'm panicking so bad because I don't know what to do and all of my friends know exactly what they're doing :frown:
thanks peachy.
Original post by Trihawk7
The graph paper I used earlier on was actual print outs but the paper had no indication of where the numbers should have been eg. a mark at every 10th box. Then after that homework, I went on to a geography which had the exact same graph paper... I felt like jumping off a cliff today...

Oh god, that's annoying. :frown: I hate having to count - or when the scale are messed up like 0.4 per square... :angry:

I remember having a histogram question and it was like... I can't work out where the bars are. The lines all look the same thickness - it looks like a page of graph paper tbh... :confused:Thank god it was a past paper and not the real thing. Phew.

I have the june maths paper in my locker. Our teacher even emailed the mark scheme to us...
And some people in our year are sitting it as the mock (I took mine early) - :/ the trust is unreal.

So yeah, why not? It's going to be of more use to you if you have it!

You can; in fact, the business department at my school has basically given us e-access to a LOT of past papers (save for the 2014 ones) and mark schemes for us to use.
Original post by Peachy23
Is anyone here still undecided about their A Level options? I'm panicking so bad because I don't know what to do and all of my friends know exactly what they're doing :frown:

Yes yes yes! I have narrowed it down to six or seven subjects and I want to take them all :frown: I thought I was sure but now I'm not sure and I'm panicking that I'll take something I regret... My parents are really bigging it up like 'THIS IS A LIFE CHANGING DECISION' :eek:
Original post by Steliata
Yes yes yes! I have narrowed it down to six or seven subjects and I want to take them all :frown: I thought I was sure but now I'm not sure and I'm panicking that I'll take something I regret... My parents are really bigging it up like 'THIS IS A LIFE CHANGING DECISION' :eek:

Haha, you're the opposite of me! I've chosen three and I don't know what to choose for my last option because I'm afraid I'm going to regret whatever I take :frown: what are your six options? :smile:
Original post by Peachy23
Haha, you're the opposite of me! I've chosen three and I don't know what to choose for my last option because I'm afraid I'm going to regret whatever I take :frown: what are your six options? :smile:

Mandarin, Politics, Music, Maths, Philosophy and Ethics and English Language. I want to do them all!
Original post by Steliata
Mandarin, Politics, Music, Maths, Philosophy and Ethics and English Language. I want to do them all!

Ooh, Mandarin! We don't have that option...I'm doing Maths, Economics and Physics. I have no idea what to pick for my last option! :frown:
Did anyone else fail the English mock exam?

Latest