The Student Room Group

Favourite TV series?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I started Supernatural the other day. It's not bad. I'm surprised at how high each episode rates on IMDb though.
Also, try the US Office.
Reply 41
Some great suggestions, should keep me busy for a while!

I'm surprised Peaky Blinders hasn't been mentioned too much (if at all!)
The league of Gentlemen, Brass Eye, Orange is the New Black, Girls
Original post by DanEXERT
just smashed out Brooklyn 99 and loved it

I was legit going to say Brooklyn 9 9 when I saw the thread title.
Archer is the best, and I really enjoyed Friends. Selfie was pretty good, but I guess Karen Gillan isn't so popular here in the states and they had to cancel it :/
Grey's Anatomy
Wow I'll try to watch for nightmares then haha.. And that's a decent achievement, or extreme procrastination :rolleyes:

It's so good! Yeah I had nothing to do so I just watched all of 5 seasons. I really was procrastinating too had an assignment due and didn't do it till yesterday.:colondollar:
Original post by Dr. Django
Was looking for something to watch and just randomly went with this after seeing this post :tongue:

4 episodes later and I'm hooked. Also, there is something about Spencer Hastings... Maynz crushin hard.

Yes! There are loads of twists and turns to come don't want to give away too much!:biggrin: I love Spencer but my fave is Hanna some of the things she comes out with..lol
Reply 47
Original post by MissLalaxx
It's so good! Yeah I had nothing to do so I just watched all of 5 seasons. I really was procrastinating too had an assignment due and didn't do it till yesterday.:colondollar:

Fair play! I'm guilty of series binging myself :rolleyes: watched all 3 seasons of Spartacus in less than a week haha
Dexter is awesome, but I've watched too much here and there and seen the ending to really start it now :frown:

Loved Dexter, First 4 season's are amazing!
I love Brooklyn 99!

I also like Family Guy, Trollied, Sherlock and Primeval
Looking into watching something new, just smashed out Brooklyn 99 and loved it (might give you an insight to my sense of humour)

Done Game of Thrones, Walking Dead etc

What you got?

Edit: Can this be moved to TV Shows please :indiff:

Dinnerladies.
Its awesome.
The Wire is not only the single greatest show ever made, but it's also the only decent show that has ever been made. It's about 10 times better than everything else combined. All other tv show (without exception) suck, they're really bad and trashy. But I still watch them for a laugh and to fill the time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
The Originals :sexface:

Make It or Break It :love:
Reply 53
Original post by Illegal Algebra
The Wire is not only the single greatest show ever made, but it's also the only decent show that has ever been made. It's about 10 times better than everything else combined. All other tv show (without exception) suck, they're really bad and trashy. But I still watch them for a laugh and to fill the time.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oz is excellent too.
I watched the first episode of BB and couldn't get into it. House of Cards is a good shout, a few people have recommended that :smile:

Also Black Books and IT Crowd were amazing.

Spaced has Simon Pegg in it iirc?

Yep, written and starred in by him. Also, it's Nick Frost's first acting role.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That alone has just made me want to watch it. Somehow, I've missed out on it. Imdb rating of 9.4 as well.... mhmm.
Did anyone watch Nip Tuck? The drama series about the two plastic surgeons living in Miami. It was on from 2003 until 2010 I think. It was a great show!

IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0361217/
Original post by xMr_BrightSide
That alone has just made me want to watch it. Somehow, I've missed out on it. Imdb rating of 9.4 as well.... mhmm.

Warning: after you watch the Wire, you won't be able to watch anything else (film or tv shows) without shaking your head at how pathetic it is, you'll come to realise just how very trashy tv shows are. I'm afraid to say that everything is trash compared to the wire, and I've seen a great deal of shows over the years. The Wire is completely different from everything else I've seen, and I really do mean COMPLETELY different. I can't stress enough just how outstanding this show is. A true masterpiece of television, it's the ONLY show that I can confidently say is good. A good story really goes a long way. No amount of good acting or fancy camera shots can ever make up for a weak storyline.

Posted from TSR Mobile
American horror story
Reply 59
Warning: after you watch the Wire, you won't be able to watch anything else

Are you getting paid to promote The Wire :wink:

Quick Reply