The Student Room Group

@people who frequent the student room

Do you feel that you're missing out on life? Such as social stuff, etc

Scroll to see replies

Original post by temporary_user

I quite happily sit and press refresh on threads all day long. I want to be the first to see the latest posts. I'm not missing out on anything - 'cause I've seen all the latest tsr posts. :innocent:
Reply 2
This is a form of socializing. Yes, it may not be face to face, but why would I want a 'real interaction' with someone I don't like, instead of talking on here with someone I do like? I'd rather an online friend than an offline enemy.

Besides, who is to say we can't do both? I balance my life so I'm not on TSR 24/7, I do other stuff.
Original post by Tillybop
I quite happily sit and press refresh on threads all day long. I want to be the first to see the latest posts. I'm not missing out on anything - 'cause I've seen all the latest tsr posts. :innocent:

You'll have to beat me for that #1 spot. My F5 is faster than yours bro
Original post by Arkasia
This is a form of socializing. Yes, it may not be face to face, but why would I want a 'real interaction' with someone I don't like, instead of talking on here with someone I do like? I'd rather an online friend than an offline enemy.

Besides, who is to say we can't do both? I balance my life so I'm not on TSR 24/7, I do other stuff.

Why do you have enemies? Perhaps the fact that you're here all the time has a subtle link to the way you see people with such hostility
This is just one pie that my fingers entertain. :sexface:
Reply 6

Nope as I usually use the forums whilst waiting for automated things to finish at work. If anything it makes me more sociable.
Reply 7
Why do you have enemies? Perhaps the fact that you're here all the time has a subtle link to the way you see people with such hostility

I said enemies to highlight the fact that in many real life social situations, you are often forced to talk to or work with people you don't like, whereas on TSR you have a much easier time of only talking to/replying to people either worth your time or someone you genuinely want to talk to.
Original post by Arkasia
I said enemies to highlight the fact that in many real life social situations, you are often forced to talk to or work with people you don't like, whereas on TSR you have a much easier time of only talking to/replying to people either worth your time or someone you genuinely want to talk to.

Honestly I spent ages thinking this but it's definitely not the case after getting some actual experince instead of making hostile assumptions in my bedroom like you are
Original post by Arkasia

This tbh.
i could spend all day watching Precious Illusions's twerking dinosaur :colondollar:
Original post by the bear
i could spend all day watching Precious Illusions's twerking dinosaur :colondollar:

Stop objectifying him :hmmm:
Original post by Precious Illusions

sorry i thought it was a lady dinosaur

:creep:
I think the people here need to get out more
Have you seen that triangle which has "good grades", "social life" and "sleep" on each vertex? I have no social life atm anyway, might as well post a little :frown:
I dont think I am missing out on social life but I do need to spend less time on here :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Precious Illusions

He's got a purty mouth.
I have a social life AND frequent TSR... :colonhash:
Original post by thunder_chunky
He's got a purty mouth.

:laugh:

Being on TSR is probably more helpful or constructive than another time-waster that would inevitably fill the gap if TSR didn't exist.

Quick Reply