The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

The UCL PPE thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Maestori
You can switch to BA Phil and Econ after year one.

That's a switch not a continuation though, you could switch to agriculture after year one if you really wanted to...
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Okay so they don't send the e-mails out re: choice of stream to those who are only eligible for the PolPhil stream, which is why I wouldn't have gotten one.
Original post by Dprince
Okay so they don't send the e-mails out re: choice of stream to those who are only eligible for the PolPhil stream, which is why I wouldn't have gotten one.
Source?
Source?

the UCL admissions office that I just phoned...:colone:
Original post by Dprince
the UCL admissions office that I just phoned...:colone:

I would be eligible for both streams and haven't got the email though. Guess that means rejection :frown::confused:
Reply 285
Original post by ooftar
I would be eligible for both streams and haven't got the email though. Guess that means rejection :frown::confused:

you are being way too negative! Nothing means rejected until you have actually been rejected.
I actually am waiting for them to change my status because they contacted my school about a week ago regarding my predictions. I thought that meant they were considering my application but nothing has changed on portico. I thought that meant they had rejected me but honestly why would they be making us wait if we were rejected.
Original post by ooftar

Maybe it means your predicted grades aren't high enough. I wanna do the Econ + Pol stream but I'm only predicted AAA so maybe they aren't gonna let me :frown: I haven't received the email
Reply 287
Original post by ooftar

Same, but since mine changed I guess we'll know what it means it a while. Also IF (which I doubt) I get in and don't have the option of taking Eco and politics I probably won't want the offer anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by anonwinner
Maybe it means your predicted grades aren't high enough. I wanna do the Econ + Pol stream but I'm only predicted AAA so maybe they aren't gonna let me :frown: I haven't received the email

I'm predicted A*A*AA with one of the A*'s being in maths so I hope that wouldn't be it. All we can do is wait I guess
Original post by ooftar
I'm predicted A*A*AA with one of the A*'s being in maths so I hope that wouldn't be it. All we can do is wait I guess

I think I am in the exact same position! No mail, similar grades (though existent)... hmm status did not change. So yeah, let's wait. :cool:
Reply 290
My status on portico just switched!

Original post by Rid
I just checked and my portico changed as well. And since I didn't get an email I'm guessing it'll be a reject. Let's see :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck!

By the way, did you guys get an email notifying you that your portico status changed, or did it just change without warning?
Original post by rmisra
Good luck!

By the way, did you guys get an email notifying you that your portico status changed, or did it just change without warning?

No warning, just changed.
Reply 292
Original post by rmisra
Good luck!

Nope. As a result I'm checking both the portico and track about every 5 minutes😢

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ooftar

Original post by saysay
you are being way too negative! Nothing means rejected until you have actually been rejected.
I actually am waiting for them to change my status because they contacted my school about a week ago regarding my predictions. I thought that meant they were considering my application but nothing has changed on portico. I thought that meant they had rejected me but honestly why would they be making us wait if we were rejected.

They also said emails would be sent in cycles but that the people applying first were most likely to be the ones that had gotten them first. Which is why when I told them I had applied mid-October and still heard nothing, we together came to the conclusion that it was down to my grades. :smile:
Reply 294
Got a rejection, it was my marks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rid

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm sorry about that:frown: There are other universities that are also great though:smile:)))))))))

Original post by Dprince
They also said emails would be sent in cycles but that the people applying first were most likely to be the ones that had gotten them first. Which is why when I told them I had applied mid-October and still heard nothing, we together came to the conclusion that it was down to my grades. :smile:

I also applied around mid-October-does UCL's portico say you're on Application Received?
Original post by Rid

Posted from TSR Mobile

Very sorry to hear that... It goes without saying UCL is just one of the great institutions of which I'm sure you'll get into one!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 297
Original post by kurofune
I'm sorry about that:frown: There are other universities that are also great though:smile:)))))))))

Original post by ooftar
Very sorry to hear that... It goes without saying UCL is just one of the great institutions of which I'm sure you'll get into one!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks guys :smile:
It's okay, I expected it anyway!

Best of luck to the rest of y'all👍👍

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rid

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh I'm really sorry to hear that :frown:
Reply 299
Original post by economicsrocks
Oh I'm really sorry to hear that :frown: