The Student Room Group

Cameron defends letter to Islamic leaders

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Good bloke
This is nonsense. Forbidden by whom? Certainly not the government as there are over 600 Moslem soldiers. The armies of states with high Moslem populations like Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Syria, and Turkey don't seem to have problems in recruiting Moslem people into their ranks. Why is it that British Moslems are forbidden to join the army?

There is even an Islamic chaplain in the British army:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-25680656

I'm talking about on religious grounds.
Reply 61
#ISISクソコラグランプリ look at this hashtag the japs are taking the piss out that filthy wahabi
Cameron should also write to Jewish leaders asking them to condemn the recent massacre in Gaza and stop all oppression of Palestinians in the land of Palestine.

#Free Palestine.
#Stop the occupation.
Original post by al_94
I'm talking about on religious grounds.

What religious grounds? If Moslems can join the Saudi army, the Afghan army or other armies of Moslem states then they can join the army of the UK.
Reply 64
What religious grounds? If Moslems can join the Saudi army, the Afghan army or other armies of Moslem states then they can join the army of the UK.

I don't know about those armies but British Army is fighting and killing Muslims in Iraq and Afghanistan therefore it is forbidden to join them.
Original post by al_94
I don't know about those armies but British Army is fighting and killing Muslims in Iraq and Afghanistan therefore it is forbidden to join them.

The Iraqi army is fighting and killing Moslems in Iraq and the Afghan army is doing so in Afghanistan. The Turkish army is fighting against Moslems on the Syrian border, and the Saudi army has also been engaged.

Why are Moslems not forbidden to join those armies by Islam?

Or are you just applying a double standard to the British army?
Reply 66
The Iraqi army is fighting and killing Moslems in Iraq and the Afghan army is doing so in Afghanistan. The Turkish army is fighting against Moslems on the Syrian border, and the Saudi army has also been engaged.

Why are Moslems not forbidden to join those armies by Islam?

Or are you just applying a double standard to the British army?

I don't know if they are allowed to join those armies either but the British Army has a history of killing Muslims for decades and they are actually at war with Islam. I know some western armies target civilians and also Britain stands with Israel who kill many innocent Palestinians.
Original post by al_94
I don't know if they are allowed to join those armies either but the British Army has a history of killing Muslims for decades and they are actually at war with Islam. I know some western armies target civilians and also Britain stands with Israel who kill many innocent Palestinians.

Western Armies do not target civilians. They achieve absolutely nothing by doing so.

The reality is that Muslims murder more Muslims that Israel, Britain and the USA "target".

However, you can keep on living in your alternate world where Britain is at "war with Islam".
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 68
Original post by DorianGrayism
Western Armies do not target civilians. They achieve absolutely nothing by doing so.

The reality is that Muslims murder more Muslims that Israel, Britain and the USA "target".

However, you can keep on living in your alternate world where Britain is at "war with Islam".

They have been known to target civilians stop kidding yourself especially the Americans. Their soldiers even admit to such things. Israel kills civilians in Palestine and if you don't accept that then you should go and live on the moon. The West is at war with islam and I can see it with my own eyes I don't need blind people like you to tell me what I'm seeing.

Pretty clearly and accurately described well done.
Original post by al_94
I don't know if they are allowed to join those armies either .

Think this through: If Moslems were really barred from joining those armies they wouldn't exist, would they? :rolleyes: There aren't many non-Moslems in those states.

Nothing, except indoctrination from disaffected people like you, stops Moslems from joining the British army, or Moslems of other states from joining their own state's army. Of course, a real religion of peace would ban fighting altogether but Islam's origins are in war in the Arabian peninsula.

but the British Army has a history of killing Muslims for decades

The British army is an equal-opportunity killing machine. People of all faiths are eligible to die if they act as an enemy of the British state. Obviously. :rolleyes:

and they are actually at war with Islam.

No, this is nonsense. - and you know it.

I know some western armies target civilians

Really? It seems to me that great lengths are taken to avoid and minimise civilian casualties.

Britain stands with Israel who kill many innocent Palestinians

Nonsense. Britain has not intervened militarily in Palestine for many decades.
Original post by al_94
They have been known to target civilians stop kidding yourself especially the Americans. Their soldiers even admit to such things. Israel kills civilians in Palestine and if you don't accept that then you should go and live on the moon. The West is at war with islam and I can see it with my own eyes I don't need blind people like you to tell me what I'm seeing.

Using your logic if a few criminal soldiers represent the army then a few criminal Muslims represent Islam.

If people like you actually cared about Muslims, then you would be talking about Muslims have butchered hundreds of thousands of Muslims in the last 10 years. Not America. Not Britain.

Ok. Israel kills civilians. And?

The fact is that you and millions of other Muslims concentrate on 2000 deaths rather than tens of thousands of deaths across the border is the reason why Muslims are being executed by other Muslims.

The difference is that I am against the Israeli occupation, the American wars and Muslim extremism. You are only bothered about scoring points.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 72
Using your logic if a few criminal soldiers represent the army then a few criminal Muslims represent Islam.

If people like you actually cared about Muslims, then you would be talking about Muslims have butchered hundreds of thousands of Muslims in the last 10 years. Not America. Not Britain.

Ok. Israel kills civilians. And?

The fact is that you and millions of other Muslims concentrate on 2000 deaths rather than tens of thousands of deaths across the border is the reason why Muslims are being executed by other Muslims.

The difference is that I am against the Israeli occupation, the American wars and Muslim extremism. You are only bothered about scoring points.

Muslims butchering other Muslims is largely down to the west propping up people like Nur Al Maliki in Iraq for example. When you have somebody who is allied with the Americans who killed thousands of Iraqis as your leader of course there is going to be problems. America & the west supported resistance movements such as SRF and FSA with arms in Syria. You're not against Israel so don't give me that nonsense. No anti zionist would tell others to disregard the terrorist occupation and massacre of innocent civilians.
Dear David Cameron. Please stop your anti-German hatred by defaming German people as genocidal evil people. Allow the British public including Jewish Holocaust deniers themselves to question and debate the Holocaust without fear of reprisal. What are you afraid of?- Brtish goy for justice.
Well my reason for stating that would be that it us true. The only opinion in that was that Mohammed invented the Koran and why, and I would expect most UK residents to agree with me.

So challenging beliefs would be a no-no, then. Galileo's scientific advances wouldn't have taken place and fundamentalist Christians and Moslems who believe humans didn't evolve could not be substabtially challenged, not even by co-religionists.

What a dismal and oppressive world that would be.

Since you're willing to discuss your opinions then I don't see what the problem is here. Its all down to what people view as a "challenging", "dicussing" etc. You can challenge religious viewpoints but in a manner as outlined before.

I disagree. Science doesn't need slander, bigotry and mockery to thrive. I cannot vouch for all religions , but Islaam certainly encourages the study of science. I'd rather live in a world where people are respected for what they do and their contribution to society. A world with negligible levels of bigotry, insult and slander. Too much to ask for? Maybe.
Original post by al_94
Muslims butchering other Muslims is largely down to the west propping up people like Nur Al Maliki in Iraq for example. When you have somebody who is allied with the Americans who killed thousands of Iraqis as your leader of course there is going to be problems. America & the west supported resistance movements such as SRF and FSA with arms in Syria. You're not against Israel so don't give me that nonsense. No anti zionist would tell others to disregard the terrorist occupation and massacre of innocent civilians.

Not really. Muslims have chosen to kill other Muslims. America doesn't force them to do it. You can talk about Al Mailki, the FSA and etc but you want to ignore the fact that Muslims hate each other.

If America supplied weapons to Scottish people, do you think they would be running around butchering English people? Of course not.

lol @ Americans killing "thousands" whilst Muslims have killed hundreds of thousands of each other in the last 10 years.

Nope. The Israeli's illegally occupy the West Bank. I am not sure how much more clear I can be than that. You won't find any post where I say I support their actions there.
Original post by al_94
British Muslims are forbidden from serving in the British army.

What on earth are you talking about? Are you really that pig ignorant that you believe that?

Who told you that?
Reply 77
Original post by R£SP£CT
Completely disagree. Islamophobia is on the rise and is very real. There has been a consistent bias in the media and there is proof to back this up. You need to understand western involvement in Muslim affairs has been THE dominant factor in the rise of extremism/terrorism in the world. We have propped up dictators(and still continue to do so), we have directly provided military equipment which has killed the lives of many innocent Muslims and carried out drone attacks which have killed innocents, raped/maimed/assaulted/abused innocents. Western governments still hold innocent people in prison for absolutely nothing. We is the west do not have a moral standing on such issues. The reality is that we're safe here in the UK and relatively its been like this since WW2. The reality for muslims is very different. The west carved up the Ottoman lands, we installed dictators and our corporations have benefited from the colossal amounts of natural resources from the muslim world. Oh and not to mention we're actively bombing Syria/Iraq as we speak. I've merely scratched the surface with the extent of Islamophobia/campaign against muslims. One thing to point out is that it is our governments and corporations that have been responsible, not the public. However I fear that the next decade or two things might take a turn for the worst.

Muslims, whether you like it or not, are not a separate entity but part of the human race. They should start acting like it instead of always seeking to lay blame outside of their religious community. I'm tired of this partisan, primitive tribal, 'us against them' mindset Muslims have. They are not special. No one is more special than anyone else. We are all part of the human race. Muslims should do more to gel with Western society and seek to find a way to keep their religiosity out of the realm of secular arenas, such as employment, government and social institutions. It's this almost narcissistic insistence on wearing different clothes than is mandatory for others (e.g. the NHS, the Police), special prayer times while at work, etc which creates resentment and tension and a feeling of unfairness. It is the UK not the Middle East, so grow up and get with the programme. Shut up, adapt, put up, or get out.

I am unconvinced by your argument above. The notion of Islamaphobia is clearly a phantom used by Islamist sympathisers to further advance their religious cause and deflect legitimate criticism. It's an avoidance tool. Any manifestation of anger towards the UK Muslim community is comparatively tiny and a natural reaction to the relentless fracturing of British social harmony Islam is exerting on it.

You dare to use the Ottoman Empire as some sort of prop for your argument. Do you not know the Ottomans had incredible blood on their hands prior to that. They attacked and conquered regions of the Classical Western World.

Also, anyone that uses condescending phrases like, "You need to understand", in a debate, loses my academic respect instantly.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 78
Original post by Marco1
Muslims, whether you like it or not, are not a separate entity but part of the human race. They should start acting like it instead of always seeking to lay blame outside of their religious community. I'm tired of this partisan, primitive tribal, 'us against them' mindset Muslims have. They are not special. No one is more special than anyone else. We are all part of the human race. Muslims should do more to gel with Western society and seek to find a way to keep their religiosity out of the realm of secular arenas, such as employment, government and social institutions. It's this almost narcissistic insistence on wearing different clothes than is mandatory for others (e.g. the NHS, the Police), special prayer times while at work, etc which creates resentment and tension and a feeling of unfairness. It is the UK not the Middle East, so grow up and get with the programme. Shut up, adapt, put up, or get out.

I am unconvinced by your argument above. The notion of Islamaphobia is clearly a phantom used by Islamist sympathisers to further advance their religious cause and deflect legitimate criticism. It's an avoidance tool. Any manifestation of anger towards the UK Muslim community is comparatively tiny and a natural reaction to the relentless fracturing of British social harmony Islam is exerting on it.

You dare to use the Ottoman Empire as some sort of prop for your argument. Do you not know the Ottomans had incredible blood on their hands prior to that. They attacked and conquered regions of the Classical Western World.

Also, anyone that uses condescending phrases like, "You need to understand", in a debate, loses my academic respect instantly.

also muslims like ignoring the 15 or so genocide's commited by the ottoman empire that muslims love to gloss over, the genocide of the: Pontic Greeks, Yezid,Armenians,Coptics,Assyrians . all genocides totalling in the 900k+. this is ok since it was done by musl ims by the liberals. also the anfal genocide when saddam killed like 200k people in 5 days. or the halabja massacre when saddam killed 10k in 3 seconds.
(edited 9 years ago)
Will Muslims submit to ZOG? If they vote Labour and Conservative they already have. When Muslims begin to tolerate their prophet being mocked then what next? soon there will be nothing left of Islam just like what they did with Christianity.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending