The Student Room Group

Arts University Bournemouth Animation Production Portfolio+Interview help

Hi I was just wondered if anyone has any detailed information of whats needed in the portfolio. There is some information on the site, but I'm still struggling to know what to do. For example it refers to bringing multiple portfolios and sketchbooks, but at the open day I was told to bring I think about 10-15 pieces, but on the site it makes a life drawing portfolio sound like a full up book of life drawings, and i'm not sure how many to take.
Also would the research book be something like an AS or A2 art book?
Thanks!
When is your interview? I have one soon too!
Mine is this Friday, whens yours? :smile:
Sorry, I've only just seen this! Mine is on Monday, how did yours go?!
Original post by giggliepuff
Sorry, I've only just seen this! Mine is on Monday, how did yours go?!

I think It went alright, it seemed better than the previous interview I had the week before.
How was yours? :smile:
Original post by VeggieSausage
I think It went alright, it seemed better than the previous interview I had the week before.
How was yours? :smile:

it wasn't bad but I didn't get an offer :frown: think I'll do a foundation course now, have you heard anything back?
Original post by giggliepuff
it wasn't bad but I didn't get an offer :frown: think I'll do a foundation course now, have you heard anything back?

Oh ok, I thought it takes at least 3 working days for them to respond, that might be why you haven't got an offer yet?

Yeah I got an offer today :biggrin:

Hope you hear back from them soon!
Hey I'm applying next year what did you include in your portfolio? :smile:
Original post by Jrocdequon
Hey I'm applying next year what did you include in your portfolio? :smile:

I had life drawing (different length poses), some hand drawing, observational drawing, 1 and 2 point perspective drawing, character design (character rotation and facial expressions), and photo of a plasticine model of one of the characters I designed, a very short story board, and few clips of animation (like character walks) :smile:
thank you thats great!!!! was the math test difficult I only got a B for gcse and do they still do the life drawing? but thanjs for the reply its helped a lot
Original post by jrocdequon1
thank you thats great!!!! was the math test difficult I only got a B for gcse and do they still do the life drawing? but thanjs for the reply its helped a lot

I was referring to the Animation Production course at Arts University Bournemouth, the Animation course at Bournemouth University is what has the maths, logic and life drawing test. I do have a interview for Bournemouth University, but I will probably cancel it because I already have an offer from Arts University Bournemouth and University Of Hertfordshire, and I'd rather go either of them than Bournemouth University.

Also even though I haven't been to a BU interview, when I was at the open day (plus what i've read online) said that the maths isn't much harder than GCSE, so you should be fine! :smile:
Hi i am applying for the VFX course at bournemouth! I was wondering do you know what the maths test is like and the drawing test?
Original post by MichaelVFX
Hi i am applying for the VFX course at bournemouth! I was wondering do you know what the maths test is like and the drawing test?

Are you referring to the Arts University Bournemouth or Bournemouth University?
Original post by VeggieSausage
Are you referring to the Arts University Bournemouth or Bournemouth University?

Bournemouth University
Original post by MichaelVFX
Bournemouth University

Oh ok :P I heard that the maths test isn't that much harder than GCSE. I don't know that much about the drawing test, but I think you just draw a nude model in different poses for different amounts of time to show them your life drawing skills :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest