The Student Room Group

Oxford PGCE 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by clh_hilary
Admittedly, I don't know that many PGCEs outside of my college, but my college (Kellogg) does have loads of them (so many that they have an MCR rep).

Would you recommend Kellogg as a good college for PGCE then? :smile:
Reply 21
Oh ok, fair enough. The lady at the interview said St. Stephens so I didn't really query it. I may call them tomorrow for some advice. Thank you I will look into Kellog. What do you study?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LydzPLG
Oh ok, fair enough. The lady at the interview said St. Stephens so I didn't really query it. I may call them tomorrow for some advice. Thank you I will look into Kellog. What do you study?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I mean, I don't know. Maybe they have a lot more students than 20 graduates. But as it stands the 'PGCE community' cannot be that big unless they don't actually have any theology student.

ALSLA.
Original post by stefinka
Would you recommend Kellogg as a good college for PGCE then? :smile:

I think what your college is is rather unimportant. PGCE students are often quite busy, and having a PGCE community in college is not that helpful when the people who can help you the most are likely to be your coursemates. This is especially true if you're not even living on college.
Reply 24
I will be living at college so I guess for me the main thing is that there is nice accommodation!
Reply 25
Yeah i will most likely be living at a college too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi! I have an interview at Oxford on Monday, just wondered if anyone has any tips for the interview day?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 27
Original post by JessDola92
Hi! I have an interview at Oxford on Monday, just wondered if anyone has any tips for the interview day?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Which subject? Just be yourself, think about what sort of school you'd like to work in. They were really nice when I had mine. Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LydzPLG
Which subject? Just be yourself, think about what sort of school you'd like to work in. They were really nice when I had mine. Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's for RE, what was yours for?

Thank you! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 29
History, they asked me to talk about a good lesson that i had observed and why it was good. It was a while bk now like dec 1st if i think of anything else i'll let u kno!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LydzPLG
History, they asked me to talk about a good lesson that i had observed and why it was good. It was a while bk now like dec 1st if i think of anything else i'll let u kno!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah, how long did it take them to get back to you after the interview?
That's great, thank you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 31
About 3 weeks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 32

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hiii I had to answer a question on how I would teach a lesson with students with learning or behavioural disabilities and also which topic I would like to teach and how. Hope that helps! :smile: the main thing is to be confident and be yourself! That seemed to work for me :smile:

Good luck!
Reply 33
Ah, how long did it take them to get back to you after the interview?
That's great, thank you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Als they got back to me after a week but it seems to vary :smile:
Original post by stefinka
Hiii I had to answer a question on how I would teach a lesson with students with learning or behavioural disabilities and also which topic I would like to teach and how. Hope that helps! :smile: the main thing is to be confident and be yourself! That seemed to work for me :smile:

Good luck!

Ah thank you so much! I can't wait to get there now and get on with it!
Did you have to do a sheet with a lesson on it too? Do you have to actually do the lesson or just give them the sheet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 35
I had to pick a historical figure and give a presentation on why i would use this person to teach a terms worth work. So i'm not sure about your sheet, sorry. Maybe be prepared for both?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 36
Have you had interviews elsewhere?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LydzPLG
I had to pick a historical figure and give a presentation on why i would use this person to teach a terms worth work. So i'm not sure about your sheet, sorry. Maybe be prepared for both?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oo blimey, it only says to do a sheet on my email but I'll make sure I have something in mind for both! I had an interview at Uni of Birmingham who offered me a place and I was offered an interview at Newman but withdrew my application while I waited to hear from Oxford. You?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 38
Yeah to be honest I don't think they try to put people on the spot so it will most likely be as they said in the email/letter. I had an interview at Birmingham they took a life time to gt bk to me and i was unsuccessful but there was 500 applicants for 13 places so I tried not to wallow in self-pity too much! I would have agonised over where to choose any way out of UOB and Oxford so perhaps it is better this way! I also interviewed at TF and got a place. Where would you go given the choice? Congrats btw on getting your place at Birmingham looks like a great course!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LydzPLG
Yeah to be honest I don't think they try to put people on the spot so it will most likely be as they said in the email/letter. I had an interview at Birmingham they took a life time to gt bk to me and i was unsuccessful but there was 500 applicants for 13 places so I tried not to wallow in self-pity too much! I would have agonised over where to choose any way out of UOB and Oxford so perhaps it is better this way! I also interviewed at TF and got a place. Where would you go given the choice? Congrats btw on getting your place at Birmingham looks like a great course!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cheers! UoB's course does look good, but I think I would choose Oxford if I got in, it's just such an amazing place! I have a friend who did his undergrad at Oxford and he has been putting me through some harsh mock interviews. Not entirely sure if that's helping haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending