The Student Room Group

Holiday after A2 results day

Just wondering if it's okay to go abroad after A2 results day or if I will have to do a lot of stuff to prepare for university.
My family and I were going to go for maybe 5 days in late August. I read this - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1387485 - but I have to go in late August because my mum's a teacher and its cheaper than early August.
I don't expect to go through clearing but I heard that even if I do have to, it will be sorted out on results day/ over the internet so being abroad wouldn't be a problem? Plus I wouldn't be away for the whole rest of August so I would be in the UK sometimes and could make calls to unis before I went on holiday (if I had to go through clearing).
Thanks!!
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get more responses. :redface: Hopefully someone will be able to get back to you :h:
Reply 2
Original post by TSR Jessica
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get more responses. :redface: Hopefully someone will be able to get back to you :h:

It isn't really specific. I wouldn't know where to put it! It's about results day or maybe free time? How do I repost?

Plus I asked my head of 6th - she said clearing involves letters so I shouldn't go after results day but I don't think I'm going to do clearing and also my parents have now booked our holiday for a week, a week after results.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by legache
Just wondering if it's okay to go abroad after A2 results day or if I will have to do a lot of stuff to prepare for university.
My family and I were going to go for maybe 5 days in late August. I read this - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1387485 - but I have to go in late August because my mum's a teacher and its cheaper than early August.
I don't expect to go through clearing but I heard that even if I do have to, it will be sorted out on results day/ over the internet so being abroad wouldn't be a problem? Plus I wouldn't be away for the whole rest of August so I would be in the UK sometimes and could make calls to unis before I went on holiday (if I had to go through clearing).
Thanks!!

You should be fine but the later you go in August the better. That should give you time to sort out (if needed) any re-marks /clearing before you go.
Original post by legache
It isn't really specific. I wouldn't know where to put it! It's about results day or maybe free time? How do I repost?

Plus I asked my head of 6th - she said clearing involves letters so I shouldn't go after results day but I don't think I'm going to do clearing and also my parents have now booked our holiday for a week, a week after results.

TSR Jessica is a bot, it automatically posts if your thread hasn't recieved replies.

Eh, it's a risk, but you should be okay if it's the end of August. It depends on how confident you are that you'll not need clearing, I suppose.

Quick Reply

Latest