The Student Room Group

Study abroad & travel insurance

I'm about to leave the UK for a semester abroad at a university in the Netherlands and so I need to book some insurance.

I'm also planning to do some travelling during and after (Europe incl. Russia) so it would probably be best to get some extended cover that includes both the study abroad and the extra travelling.

I also need decent gadget cover, preferably up to £1000-1500 for a single item.

I've literally spent the past week searching Google and phoning insurance providers and it seems nobody will offer the extended travel period AND the decent gadget cover.

Does anyone have any recommendations?
Have you tried Endsleigh? They do study abroad insurance, and think you can pay for extra cover for expensive stuff
Reply 2
Original post by josephmalam
I'm about to leave the UK for a semester abroad at a university in the Netherlands and so I need to book some insurance.

I'm also planning to do some travelling during and after (Europe incl. Russia) so it would probably be best to get some extended cover that includes both the study abroad and the extra travelling.

I also need decent gadget cover, preferably up to £1000-1500 for a single item.

I've literally spent the past week searching Google and phoning insurance providers and it seems nobody will offer the extended travel period AND the decent gadget cover.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

im on Erasmus and im with one called WorldNomads, it includes Europe and Russia "west of the Ural Mountains", and it does cover for electronic items aswell

Quick Reply

Latest