The Student Room Group

A LEVEL choices. How do these sound?

Biology, Chemistry, Maths, Economics

Are these good A-Level choices? Any suggestions?:biggrin:
Original post by taylortron99

Yes these are good if you enjoy them. I take maths, further maths, biology chemistry physics.
Reply 2

Yeah they sound really good. I might biased though because I do the same with the addition if further maths (current year 12). What are you thinking of going into?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by morgan8002
Yes these are good if you enjoy them. I take maths, further maths, biology chemistry physics.

Omg in doing the same alevels as you!

Yeah they're a good combination I know lots of people who took those exact a levels

Yay I'm planning on taking the same a levels. My brother also took those a levels and hes studying medicine. They open up loads of career opportunities

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bambooshoe
Omg in doing the same alevels as you!

I'm A2. I also take STEP I-III and FP3-4 as extra.

A levels are preparation for study at university. The A levels you take therefore depend on what you wish to study as an undergraduate, which you haven't mentioned.

If you wish to study English, history, geography or French they are a pretty poor selection. If you wish to study a science, law or medicine they are probably OK, with reservations. To study maths, physics, engineering or economics, for instance, you would be well-advised to take further maths instead of biology.

Always start with what you wish you study at university in mind, and choose the subjects that best prepare you and which will make you as competitive a candidate as possible.
Reply 8
Solid.
Reply 9
Original post by mliela
Yeah they sound really good. I might biased though because I do the same with the addition if further maths (current year 12). What are you thinking of going into?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Tbh, I'm not really sure yet....:confused:
Original post by morgan8002
I'm A2. I also take STEP I-III and FP3-4 as extra.

What's STEP?
Original post by Bambooshoe
What's STEP?

It's an extra series of difficult maths exams that some universities include in their offers for maths. It covers A-level maths and further maths content, but the questions are a lot harder. Cambridge and Warwick being the notable ones that require it. I don't need it for any of my offers anymore, but I want to take it because I need something to work hard for this year.

Quick Reply

Latest