The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by L'Evil Fish
I've j found FM really boring so far, like I haven't learnt anything new or exciting

Want to throw some of that further maths knowledge this way? I'm struggling so much this year. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by _Caz_
Want to throw some of that further maths knowledge this way? I'm struggling so much this year. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Any particular topics?
Original post by Bude8
Do you guys ever feel stupid after something clicks and look back to yourself thinking 'how did I not get that...?'

Story of my life. Especially in Maths.
Original post by rachelc142
Yeah we do the "easy examboard" apparently (edexcel)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do edexcel people do second order differential equations? I was surprised that my exam board don't do it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Any particular topics?

Vector geometry in fp3, hyperbolics in fp2. Oh and complex numbers in fp2 as well. :unimpressed:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by _Caz_
Do edexcel people do second order differential equations? I was surprised that my exam board don't do it.

Yes, in FP2. :frown:
Original post by O133
Yes, in FP2. :frown:

Nice. It bugs me that exam boards cover different topics. I feel like that shouldn't happen tbh...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by _Caz_
Vector geometry in fp3, hyperbolics in fp2. Oh and complex numbers in fp2 as well. :unimpressed:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Complex numbers I can probably help with :biggrin:

Hyperbolics we don't actually cover, and my knowledge is very limited

Vector Geometry, is all about drawing diagramssss
Original post by _Caz_
Nice. It bugs me that exam boards cover different topics. I feel like that shouldn't happen tbh...

When it's a subject as modular as maths then the different specs of the boards are a drop in the ocean compared to the different combinations of modules. (Although I'm still pro-single exam board.)
Original post by _Caz_

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah in fp2 </3 not started them yet but am scared

Posted from TSR Mobile
Complex numbers I can probably help with :biggrin:

Hyperbolics we don't actually cover, and my knowledge is very limited

Vector Geometry, is all about drawing diagramssss

Could you shed any light on q1 part iii) please? I tried cross producting the direction vectors of AB and AC (to get the direction vector of the line) and then used the direction vectors of AB and AC as normals to planes P and Q respectively. Although when I try to get a point on the line it kicks out some weird results :/ I don't have the answers either so I haven't a clue. :frown: any help would be awesome thanks. But it's okay if not :smile: I'm gonna shut up now anyway because this is kinda the wrong thread for this

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

They are super easy

Literally just quadratic equation

Differentiating and subbing in

And comparing coefficients
They are super easy

Literally just quadratic equation

Differentiating and subbing in

And comparing coefficients

You say super easy but I doubt I'll find it easy somehow :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

One of the nicest topics in FP2 to be honest.
Original post by O133
One of the nicest topics in FP2 to be honest.

I think I get first order difs. now
am v scared for the mock haha
I think I get first order difs. now
am v scared for the mock haha

Second-order are easier to be honest.
Original post by O133
Second-order are easier to be honest.

my teacher said this, he said cos second order is double dif/intergration they make the types of questions easier
fp2 makes me glad im not doin maths at uni
my teacher said this, he said cos second order is double dif/intergration they make the types of questions easier
fp2 makes me glad im not doin maths at uni

Same.
Anyone going to a UCL open day soon?
Is this true? @University

I read from a Russel group uni that if you meet xyz grade your eligible for band 1/2/3 of scholarship/grant. If you miss your offer but manage to get a place through clearing i.e -1 grade short your not entitled to anything.

Wouldn't that just highlight that the financial limitation of people going to university even with the current system? #brokensystem

Latest