The Student Room Group
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website

Swansea University Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by esjae
Yeah, got rejected from 3 - Cardiff x2, and Reading. Had a condition from Gloucester, and then an unconditional from Swansea

Hi I apply for Reading too but havent heard any news from Reading yet.
I got both condition form Gloucester and Swansea x2 :smile:
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website
Reply 121
Original post by evawang717
Hi I apply for Reading too but havent heard any news from Reading yet.
I got both condition form Gloucester and Swansea x2 :smile:

Reading took about 2 weeks to get back to me..
You going to firm either of those?
Original post by esjae
Reading took about 2 weeks to get back to me..
You going to firm either of those?

My firm will be Surrey , I submit my application at around 15th Dec last year. I'm not sure Reading will give me an conditional offer or not ,so insurance might be Swansea or Reading. :smile:
Original post by esjae
Yeah, got rejected from 3 - Cardiff x2, and Reading. Had a condition from Gloucester, and then an unconditional from Swansea

Unconditional?! Well done! Which one will you firm? I've only got one offer and 2 interviews, did you get interviewed by Swansea?
Reply 124
Original post by Ki Yung Na
Unconditional?! Well done! Which one will you firm? I've only got one offer and 2 interviews, did you get interviewed by Swansea?

I firmed Swansea, because it was in my opinion a mix of the two unis I liked best, Aberystwyth(For the beach and wonderful views) and Cardiff(for the night life/it being a city), so it made sense to firm it. No interview, no tests nothing, so I was happy with that tbh

Original post by evawang717
My firm will be Surrey , I submit my application at around 15th Dec last year. I'm not sure Reading will give me an conditional offer or not ,so insurance might be Swansea or Reading. :smile:

I think I sent mine around that time, if not a bit later. I heard off them all very quickly though. Well best of luck with your offers and I hope you get into your first choice :smile:
Original post by esjae
I firmed Swansea, because it was in my opinion a mix of the two unis I liked best, Aberystwyth(For the beach and wonderful views) and Cardiff(for the night life/it being a city), so it made sense to firm it. No interview, no tests nothing, so I was happy with that tbh

Three Welsh choices - are you perhaps Welsh? Either way, that sounds good, I wouldn't mind being in that position! :biggrin:
Reply 126
Three Welsh choices - are you perhaps Welsh? Either way, that sounds good, I wouldn't mind being in that position! :biggrin:

Welsh born and bred :') I didn't actually pick Aber, I just visited and not really liked the uni, however I put Cardiff down twice so yeah three Welsh choices either way :biggrin: I'm like a celeb around my college because I'm the only one to have an Unconditional out of my entire college this year aha
Original post by esjae
Welsh born and bred :') I didn't actually pick Aber, I just visited and not really liked the uni, however I put Cardiff down twice so yeah three Welsh choices either way :biggrin: I'm like a celeb around my college because I'm the only one to have an Unconditional out of my entire college this year aha

That's awesome! :biggrin: You must be enjoying your time in college hahaha :biggrin: Loads of people in my college got Unconditional offers, even to top unis, like Newcastle, Birmingham and Durham :colondollar: I'm so jealous of those people hahaha!:frown:
Reply 128
Original post by Bruno26
That's awesome! :biggrin: You must be enjoying your time in college hahaha :biggrin: Loads of people in my college got Unconditional offers, even to top unis, like Newcastle, Birmingham and Durham :colondollar: I'm so jealous of those people hahaha!:frown:

Not really, my college is a bit ****, been messed around with the English Lang Lit course because our tutor pissed off in october, leaving us without a proper tutor and then the cover we had quit on us last week :frown:
Don't be jealous, unconditionals are a bit of a fuss tbh, especially if they dont want to go to that uni
Original post by esjae
Not really, my college is a bit ****, been messed around with the English Lang Lit course because our tutor pissed off in october, leaving us without a proper tutor and then the cover we had quit on us last week :frown:
Don't be jealous, unconditionals are a bit of a fuss tbh, especially if they dont want to go to that uni

Oh right :s-smilie: I do English Lit only - not lang! That's really bad but I'm sure you'll be ready by exam time, since we've got about 4/5 months left :smile: Yeah I guess so, but it's that feeling of relief and security, especially if your unconditional is to your top choice! Knowing whatever grade you get , you will get it into your first choice uni or in any uni will reduce sooo much stress and pressure! :cool:
Hi guys,

I received my conditional offer for Swansea back in Nov and I'm elated as it's my firmed choice!

My course is English Language And TEFL and i'm so excited because I loved the campus and the atmosphere.

Wishing everyone well who is awaiting offers, I'm sure you'll all do brilliantly x
Original post by esjae

That makes it all the more awesome :smile:
Reply 132
That makes it all the more awesome :smile:

Yeah I'm looking forward too it :smile:
Reply 133
Original post by BeckyHopkin
Buses aren't active yet because the campus isn't quite finished but I shouldn't imagine it'd take longer than 5 minutes on a bus to get to the city centre!

Congrats! Good luck on deciding :smile:

P.S (If you haven't heard of it before!)
A good way to check bus routes throughout Wales [durarion, times and fares] is with http://www.traveline-cymru.info/

Do you have any information on accomodation? I got an offer letter and might be heading there towards the end of the year and I am just wondering how expensive it would be to live on campus or even off campus.
Reply 134
Original post by Swansea University
Hi Everyone, I'm pleased to see your offers are starting to come through. Do you have any questions about Swansea?

I am going to be an international student from the United States and I was wondering how hard it will be to get a job on or off campus?
Reply 135
Anyone going to the Applicants day on the 7th of Feb?
Original post by Sumie84
I am going to be an international student from the United States and I was wondering how hard it will be to get a job on or off campus?

You can probably get a job in the students union. Vaccancies for these are normally published at the start of the term on the SU website. As for in Swansea itself, I quite often see places that are hiring. Hope this helps. Any questions about the uni or the city feel free to ask as I've always lived near Swansea :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ccrawford
I've applied for Business Management. I think the new campus will be great. I wonder how much the accommodation will be though..

Hey,

Hope you don't mind me jumping in here - If your looking for brand new luxury accommodation in the heart of Swansea check out St Davids - all lush 382 ensuite rooms in either a 3, 4, 5 or 6 bed shared flat.

We have a fab social space with pool table, flat screen TV and loads of social events to keep you entertained throughout the year. We are within minutes walk from the famous Wind Street, cinema, shops & gym across the road and a DIRECT BUS to the new Swansea University Bay Campus running every 10 minutes.

We have so many 1st year Swansea University students booked in this year and its looking great for next September too but don’t wait as rooms or going fast or you could #missout

Check out our www.facebook.com/StDavidsSwansea page to see the latest events with our current students #placetobe

Contact our friendly on site accommodation team on 01792 341643 or visit http://freshstudentliving.co.uk/location/swansea/st-davids-swansea/ to find out more :smile:

Thanks,
Katy @ Fresh
Original post by AR_95
Any more info on bay campus? What's the closest accomadation to it and being 4 miles away from main campus, how close is it to the town?

Hello, there's more information on the Bay Campus here: www.swansea.ac.uk/campus-development/
There will be 900 rooms on the Bay Campus and an additional 500 more opening next year. The City is about 2 miles away from the Bay Campus and will be accessible via transport links. I hope this helps answer your question!
Reply 139
Original post by nadinelia11
You can probably get a job in the students union. Vaccancies for these are normally published at the start of the term on the SU website. As for in Swansea itself, I quite often see places that are hiring. Hope this helps. Any questions about the uni or the city feel free to ask as I've always lived near Swansea :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you so much for your response! I'm going such a tough time deciding. Have offers from Kingston, Roehampton, Keele as well. Waiting to hear back from a few more.

Quick Reply