The Student Room Group

Choosing 5 AS levels?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kaytaylou
I wouldn't take 5 if you're doing two foreign languages unless you don't want a job or social life :colondollar:

So if I don't want a job you think it's doable?
Reply 21
Original post by docterprocter

You'll probably have to give up the student room too you'll be that packed with revision :lol: (I'm only joking haha) how are you finding the languages at GCSE?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It really depends on the person. You can't easily predict how well someone is going to do at A-level from their GCSEs. If you feel up for it I would advise giving it a go and then dropping one if you feel like it's too much.
Original post by _Caz_
You'll probably have to give up the student room too you'll be that packed with revision :lol: (I'm only joking haha) how are you finding the languages at GCSE?
At GCSE I love them! I do Spanish, German & French and already have Latin Language GCSE A*! The only thing is that I hate literature... and speaking to my Spanish teacher, the A level at my school is based on a book :/ If you did a book (or play) in your language at A level, how did it compare to GCSE English Literature... is it better just because it is in Spanish, or am I going to hate it!
Original post by morgan8002
It really depends on the person. You can't easily predict how well someone is going to do at A-level from their GCSEs. If you feel up for it I would advise giving it a go and then dropping one if you feel like it's too much.

Yeah I think that's a good idea. I may as well at least try, it it's too hard, it's easier to give one up that start a new one if I find 4 not challenging enough
You are aware that A levels are changing massively in September?

We won't be encouraging anyone, no matter how many A*s at GCSE, to do more than 4 subjects in Y12.

Maths/F Maths isn't changing just yet but most are becoming linear ie all the exams at the end of Year 13.
Reply 26
At GCSE I love them! I do Spanish, German & French and already have Latin Language GCSE A*! The only thing is that I hate literature... and speaking to my Spanish teacher, the A level at my school is based on a book :/ If you did a book (or play) in your language at A level, how did it compare to GCSE English Literature... is it better just because it is in Spanish, or am I going to hate it!

I haven't done any languages at a level. My friend dropped French after AS because he says it was really difficult though. :smile: good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest