The Student Room Group

Pansexual? Is it a real thing or just attention-seeking?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
I don't understand why pansexuality wouldn't be a thing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by _Caz_

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's these microwaves I was on about - stick your head too near one and your brains get fried. :sadnod:
I'm pan... and i'm not seeking attention, gender just doesn't bother me. i don't think it matters at all... that doesn't mean i'm attracted to EVERYTHING with a pulse... just saying :wink: xxx
Original post by Anonymous
I'm pan... and i'm not seeking attention, gender just doesn't bother me. i don't think it matters at all... that doesn't mean i'm attracted to EVERYTHING with a pulse... just saying :wink: xxx

Ignorance can be quite the turn-off. :wink:
Original post by superwolf
Ignorance can be quite the turn-off. :wink:

what do you mean? :confused: x
Original post by _Caz_

Posted from TSR Mobile

2 genders 3 sexualities. Pansexual just opens a door to a whole host of non-conventional sexual identies
Reply 126
Original post by Master Jack
2 genders 3 sexualities. Pansexual just opens a door to a whole host of non-conventional sexual identies

Gender is fluid though?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 127
Dem first world problems

It's quite easy to not believe in pansexuality when you're mistaken about the (false) dichotomy of gender.
It's these microwaves I was on about - stick your head too near one and your brains get fried. :sadnod:

Your microwave analogy is killing me :tongue:
A uni friend came out as a pansexual this week what I understand is that he's attracted to anything with a pulse even trans people. This got me thinking that it was pointless to come as pansexual because you can choose to be straight/gay/whateversexual whereas the other sexualities bar bi you have to make a choice and stick with it. Is it attention seeking? My closest friend said that it's an attention-seeking thing? I'm not so sure.

sorry stopped reading at "even trans people". Trans people are people too. :/
(also, no it's not "attention seeking" - if he falls in love with someone of one gender then someone with a different gender then people would be like "is he confused???". By coming out he is telling you that he knows who he is attracted to and he is not having to stop himself from loving someone just because of their gender)
neither
Original post by Ruthless Dutchman
It's not attention seeking.

There is usually some confusion between Bisexuality and Pansexuality. Bisexual means you're attracted to ANY and ALL genders, as opposed to the assumption that because there's 'bi' in the word it means 'two'. There are more than two genders, and it's more of a scale rather than discreet 'types' (But that's for a different topic). Pansexual means you're attracted to someone REGARDLESS of their gender.

Found something that probably explains it better than I would:

sexuality is nothing to do with gender whatsoever.

I mean that certain people in this thread I wouldn't touch with a bargepole (no matter what length, gender or girth of bargepole that happened to be! :teehee:).

Original post by Anonymous #2
Your microwave analogy is killing me :tongue:

:hat2: Pleased to be of service Ma'am.
I mean that certain people in this thread I wouldn't touch with a bargepole (no matter what length, gender or girth of bargepole that happened to be! :teehee:).

and what sexuality are you, may i ask?
and such as who
Reply 135
I'm sure everyone is sort of Pansexual anyways

forget that first reply that failed.
like who?
forget that first reply that failed.
like who?

I'm not one for naming names, but I think a casual read through this thread would reveal a few rather narrow-minded people. I prefer those with broader horizons. :proud:
I'm not one for naming names, but I think a casual read through this thread would reveal a few rather narrow-minded people. I prefer those with broader horizons. :proud:

i'm trying to resist reading the replies as i've heard anger does not look good with the colour pjs im wearing. :argh:
Sometimes I wonder if all these definitions are always needed? A Pansexual person-so can be attracted to anybody regardless of their gender identity or sexuality. Aren't many people like that to some extent? A gay man might not think he'll be attracted to a transgender man, but he could fall in love with one even if he doesn't decide he's pansexual. Or maybe not even a bout love, he could have a sexual attraction to one. Doesn't mean he would be attracted to ALL transgender men? Does that make him pansexual.

A bisexual woman might be attracted to a woman who's trans, but not ALL women who are trans?

A woman who thinks she's straight might fall for a lesbian woman.

Or does pansexual really mean 'I find EVERYBODY attractive!!' (I think that's pretty much impossible though). :smile:

Maybe I just don't quite understand :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending