The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial College Medical Applicants 2015 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1220
Original post by Dinosaurus_Rex
Yep, 27th too. Sometime in the afternoon, but I'm attending the tour.

I'm normally really nervous at interview and stutter a bit so I'm not looking forward to the interview haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah i am also attending the tour.. i might see you :tongue: well i am quite ok during interviews.. but i don't know about this one bcs it means so much.. i hope i'll be cool and stuff :smile:
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by YvT1
yeah i am also attending the tour.. i might see you :tongue: well i am quite ok during interviews.. but i don't know about this one bcs it means so much.. i hope i'll be cool and stuff :smile:

Nice! Looking forward to it! I'll see you soon and good luck with your preparations.

Posted from TSR Mobile
When I hear people getting post interview rejections it makes me extra nervous for my interview.
Original post by sweetlemon
When I hear people getting post interview rejections it makes me extra nervous for my interview.

Yup! Same.
What's the interview to offer ratio? Does anyone know?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1224
Nice! Looking forward to it! I'll see you soon and good luck with your preparations.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah you too :smile:)
Yup! Same.
What's the interview to offer ratio? Does anyone know?

Posted from TSR Mobile

In 2013 it was 1.6 interviews for every 1 offer according to http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Medical_School_Competition_Ratios
Reply 1226
Hey Guys!!

Just wanted to say I got rejected last night, i was interviewed on the 6th so i think this may be good news to a few of you!!!

Only really sunk in now, so sorry if this was something you were stressing to see earlier!!!

But i'd like to say to everyone GOOD LUCK!!! AND I HOPE YOU GET WHAT YOU WANT!!! :biggrin:
Original post by Sunshowers01
In 2013 it was 1.6 interviews for every 1 offer according to http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Medical_School_Competition_Ratios

Oh this is great. Thank you very much!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1228
Original post by Chig97
Hey Guys!!

Just wanted to say I got rejected last night, i was interviewed on the 6th so i think this may be good news to a few of you!!!

Only really sunk in now, so sorry if this was something you were stressing to see earlier!!!

But i'd like to say to everyone GOOD LUCK!!! AND I HOPE YOU GET WHAT YOU WANT!!! :biggrin:

Really sorry about that, but best of luck with all your other unis!!!!!
Reply 1229
Original post by Chig97
Hey Guys!!

i am really sorry.. i do hope u get another offer from whichever uni u want!! were you expecting it? or was it a big shock and therefore really stressful?
Original post by Sunshowers01
Love it

Respect it.

---------------------------------

Not stressing atm. Definitely going to check UCAS + Email when I wake up tomorrow, though.
Reply 1231
Original post by tans
Really sorry about that, but best of luck with all your other unis!!!!!

Original post by YvT1
i am really sorry.. i do hope u get another offer from whichever uni u want!! were you expecting it? or was it a big shock and therefore really stressful?

Thanks Tans, I hope so too!!!

I think that they rejected people yesterday from the 6th and are possibly giving offers today. So fingers are crossed for you!!!

LOOOL no need to be sorry, i messed up the ethics and i think thats the reason why i got rejected. I misinterpreted the question so had a feeling when i was going home that I screwed up. But the rest of the interview was pretty good, nothing bad really in my opinion.

Well I had a feeling but I thought i did good enough. So I got home yesterday, after dinner saw an e-mail from track got nervous opened it to find a Bristol rejection, so that was annoying. But later that night my luck got better and i got another ucas e-mail. I was thinking my day cant get any worse, well I was soo wrong it was my Imperial rejection. I think the 2 rejections on one day was a killer for me. Plus imperial was my first choice.

Now i'm thinking its just life, **** it and move on!! Hope i get something back from Notts or Cardiff!!!

YVT1 good luck on your interview!!! I hope you smash it!!!
Original post by Chig97
Thanks Tans, I hope so too!!!

I think that they rejected people yesterday from the 6th and are possibly giving offers today. So fingers are crossed for you!!!

LOOOL no need to be sorry, i messed up the ethics and i think thats the reason why i got rejected. I misinterpreted the question so had a feeling when i was going home that I screwed up. But the rest of the interview was pretty good, nothing bad really in my opinion.

Well I had a feeling but I thought i did good enough. So I got home yesterday, after dinner saw an e-mail from track got nervous opened it to find a Bristol rejection, so that was annoying. But later that night my luck got better and i got another ucas e-mail. I was thinking my day cant get any worse, well I was soo wrong it was my Imperial rejection. I think the 2 rejections on one day was a killer for me. Plus imperial was my first choice.

Now i'm thinking its just life, **** it and move on!! Hope i get something back from Notts or Cardiff!!!

YVT1 good luck on your interview!!! I hope you smash it!!!

Mate I'm so sorry
Were you the guy that forgot about Autonomy?
Best of luck with the rest of your application
Oh this is great. Thank you very much!

Posted from TSR Mobile

No worries!
Original post by ozbilege
How did they say you were rejected?

Something slightly fishy for me was how they said 'Thanks for coming all that way from Cyprus for the interview' which sorta made me think it could be bad news but then again maybe they were being nice? :P

They said "thank you for applying to Imperial, we hope you will be successful with your other applications" and just the general feel of the interview...they only criticised things that I mentioned in my personal statement nothing else.
Original post by TechRaid3r
They said "thank you for applying to Imperial, we hope you will be successful with your other applications" and just the general feel of the interview...they only criticised things that I mentioned in my personal statement nothing else.

That's really weird, sounds negative too
Original post by Futuremedic2096
That's really weird, sounds negative too

It was really negative. Literally just criticising everything in my personal statement. They made me feel so bad, which is really odd because Imperial are supposed to have relaxed interviews. I guess I can only count on Barts and UCL now.

They only criticised? That's odd. What kinds of things did they say? I mean, how are you meant to respond to just criticism?
Original post by jungykang
Feel like i found my twin man <3 I take the same plus psych and spanish at sl

Oh really? So you haven't heard from them for an interview too? Are you an international?

Posted from TSR Mobile
It was really negative. Literally just criticising everything in my personal statement. They made me feel so bad, which is really odd because Imperial are supposed to have relaxed interviews. I guess I can only count on Barts and UCL now.

Odd
you never know you might get a surprise

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending