The Student Room Group
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website

Nursing interview

Hey everyone I got an email to invite me to a interview for children's nursing! After reading the interview I noticed there was no mention of a one to one or group interview but surely there has to be one of these? Could anyone let me know what happens? TIA! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Hello! I have recently had an interview for adult nursing and my friend had one for midwifery, there was just a short group activity and then a one to one interview, it was a really relaxed day and really enjoyable! so im not too sure about child nursing but it may be similar to adult and midwifery. You can email the admissions lady there should be an email at the bottom of your interview email. ask about the structure of the interview day. Hope it goes well! x
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website
Hi! I've had interviews for child nursing and some are individual interviews but some are group interviews, so it just depends where you're applying I guess! I'm sure if you e-mail the nursing school of the uni they will let you know, good luck :-)
Reply 3
On my email it says individual stations and campus tour. Read on their website that the 4 stations are with a nursing admissions tutor, a nursing tutor, a service user and a registered nurse. It includes an individual interview with the admissions tutor I think :smile: When's your interview?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by localmilk
Hello! I have recently had an interview for adult nursing and my friend had one for midwifery, there was just a short group activity and then a one to one interview, it was a really relaxed day and really enjoyable! so im not too sure about child nursing but it may be similar to adult and midwifery. You can email the admissions lady there should be an email at the bottom of your interview email. ask about the structure of the interview day. Hope it goes well! x

Original post by kayleighhbell_
Hi! I've had interviews for child nursing and some are individual interviews but some are group interviews, so it just depends where you're applying I guess! I'm sure if you e-mail the nursing school of the uni they will let you know, good luck :-)

What kind of questions did they ask and did anything about news pop up?
Reply 5
Original post by KKo
On my email it says individual stations and campus tour. Read on their website that the 4 stations are with a nursing admissions tutor, a nursing tutor, a service user and a registered nurse. It includes an individual interview with the admissions tutor I think :smile: When's your interview?

Hey KKo that was the same as my email and because they hadn't specified the interview I was a little confused haha! Thats so much help thank you very much!.....And not till the 26th Feb! Do you have one and when?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by ollynicky
Hey KKo that was the same as my email and because they hadn't specified the interview I was a little confused haha! Thats so much help thank you very much!.....And not till the 26th Feb! Do you have one and when?

Posted from TSR Mobile

12th Feb!
Reply 7
Original post by KKo
12th Feb!

Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8

Hey thank you, hope yours went good! Thank you for the advice! X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey thank you, hope yours went good! Thank you for the advice! X

Posted from TSR Mobile

They offered me a place the day after so it went well haha! Good luck xx
Reply 10
They offered me a place the day after so it went well haha! Good luck xx

Wow you must have done amazing!! Well done!! Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone had an interview for Sept 2015 intake for Adult Nursing @ Uni of Dundee.
I just received my interview invitation but can't find anyone else who has also 🙈

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey everyone I got an email to invite me to a interview for children's nursing! After reading the interview I noticed there was no mention of a one to one or group interview but surely there has to be one of these? Could anyone let me know what happens? TIA! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Am rooting for you bud, it's your turn to get some good news. Knock 'em sideways with your sparkle! X
Reply 13
Original post by Revebjelle
Am rooting for you bud, it's your turn to get some good news. Knock 'em sideways with your sparkle! X

Aww you are too kind!!! Hopefully, I think it's time! Thank you I shall try! X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey has anyone had an interview for nursing at Dundee?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
I'll tell you what the day was like and shiz once i've had mine since we're going for the same course at Huddersfield!
Reply 16
Original post by KKo
I'll tell you what the day was like and shiz once i've had mine since we're going for the same course at Huddersfield!

Hey thanks, that would be helpful! Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi guys. Has anyone had a nursing interview at Dundee before? Can anyone give me any info on the questions asked or how it went?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Hey thanks, that would be helpful! Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey! The interview was really fun! You wait at the reception with the others that are getting interviewed and melinda sharpe will come get you. You spend your first hour in a room with the others whilst she checks your documents so you can just chat amongst yourself. Make sure you have two forms of ID that aren't out of date!
Sarah and Fiona will come in at the end of the hour. You introduce yourself to the group such as what hobbies you have, experience etc. After that you watch a video and then discuss it in a group. You then have a break and you go in for individual interviews. They asked me two questions. How did I prepare for the interview and what would I do if I don't get into any Uni this year.
They are really genuine and nice people! It was like talking to a group of friends. I got my offer the day after :smile:
Good Luck to you and don't worry about it! I had a laugh and it was so fun and relaxed. They want to see what you are really like. Also you might want to reread your personal statement because they have it in front of them.
Reply 19
Original post by KKo
Hey! The interview was really fun! You wait at the reception with the others that are getting interviewed and melinda sharpe will come get you. You spend your first hour in a room with the others whilst she checks your documents so you can just chat amongst yourself. Make sure you have two forms of ID that aren't out of date!
Sarah and Fiona will come in at the end of the hour. You introduce yourself to the group such as what hobbies you have, experience etc. After that you watch a video and then discuss it in a group. You then have a break and you go in for individual interviews. They asked me two questions. How did I prepare for the interview and what would I do if I don't get into any Uni this year.
They are really genuine and nice people! It was like talking to a group of friends. I got my offer the day after :smile:
Good Luck to you and don't worry about it! I had a laugh and it was so fun and relaxed. They want to see what you are really like. Also you might want to reread your personal statement because they have it in front of them.

Hey thank you sooo much for the information, I feel so confident for the interview! I've got my documents sorted haha like to be way prepared seen as though I'll be staying in Huddersfield over night!

I'll have a think about my hobbies and stuff, I work so hardly have time for hobbies haha! That's sounds okay was a little worried about the video and questions being on it! Really, just them questions! God I could probably go on and one with them haha and seen as though I didn't get in last year I think the second question will be easy for me! It sounds so relaxing!

Thank you so much, you must have done amazing to get an offer so quick! Is it for children's also did you have to go to the 4 different stations as outlined on the email? I will do, although I know everything on my personal statement of by heart haha!!

Again thank you soon much, I can't thank you enough for that information!!!!! X
Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending