The Student Room Group

Clearance at Uni

Hello,

I need 240 UCAS points to get into my required courses, however if i was to fall short and only end up with 200 UCAS points for example (hopefully not) is there still a chance i could get in through clearance at uni? Has anyone else got in through clearance?

Thanks.
Reply 1
If you get an offer and miss your offer, you will not really use Clearing. The uni will consider if they can accept you with your lower grades, and will then either accept you or reject you. If they accept you, great! But you're not using Clearing. If they reject you, then that's not so great but you won't get in through Clearing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Juno
If you get an offer and miss your offer, you will not really use Clearing. The uni will consider if they can accept you with your lower grades, and will then either accept you or reject you. If they accept you, great! But you're not using Clearing. If they reject you, then that's not so great but you won't get in through Clearing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh okay, hopefully i will get 240 anyway! But i've heard from a few people that if you dont get the grades you would like then you can try and get in through clearance. Are universities usually strict or lenient when it comes to missing points by 40 or so. Thanks by the way.
Original post by yunga1997
Oh okay, hopefully i will get 240 anyway! But i've heard from a few people that if you dont get the grades you would like then you can try and get in through clearance. Are universities usually strict or lenient when it comes to missing points by 40 or so. Thanks by the way.

As said above, if you miss your conditional offer a uni will decide if they want to accept you or reject you, if they reject you, that's it, you're not going there, you won't get in through clearing for that uni, if you want to go to uni still still you would have to go through clearing for a different uni, you have very little chance of getting into the uni you've been rejected from. If a uni will accept you with 40 less UCAS points is dependant on the university and the number of applicants they have. It's not impossible to get in with that amount less but there isn't anyway that someone can tell you on whether a uni will or will not be strict. As this uni offer is 240 I would imagine that this isn't a highly oversubscribed top uni so you stand a chance, just go for that 240 and if you get it there's no problem.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending