The Student Room Group

Would you ever have a night job?

I would hate to have a night job, mostly because I would be to tired to enjoy the day and would spend the day sleeping and the night working.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
I've had a night job before, I'd start at 11pm and finish at 7am, I'd get home at 8am and sleep till 4pm, and eat and chill.
Really not as bad as it sounds!
Reply 2
As someone of a 5'0 and petite build, nope.
Its not that I have any problem with working night shifts, with the area I live in, I just won't feel safe.
Reply 3
Yup I used to work at overnight events. Festivals etc. usually start around 11 and finish at 7am. Go home and sleep till 4pm then repeat. It's pretty anti social and I wouldn't want to do it for a long time.
Yes I work nights all the time. I hate it! Eat loads of chocolate to get through.
I would. I haven't had to do it yet, but it would actually suit me because I naturally stay up all night and sleep during the morning anyway.
I'd prefer to work nights or only go to night school. Unfortunately I'd still have to be awake during the day as the rest of the world functions during daytime.
Maybe but I wouldn't last long in the job. Way too antisocial and I like sleeping when it's dark
Reply 8
Had a night job for just 3 weeks one year as a Royal Mail temp and never again lol! The fact it was the middle of winter didn't help either meaning I'd go to bed just before the sun came up and got up just as it had gone down basically which wasn't fun and neither was working through the night.
Reply 9
I did a couple of weeks night shift on a lambing placement for uni, wasn't the worst thing in the world but I wouldn't want to do it long term. I can handle working those hours fine, but it would just screw up interacting with people living on normal schedules. I am sure my night shift days aren't done yet though.
Reply 10
worked in a club so like 10-4am, wasn't that bad but ****s up your sleeping pattern
Reply 11
Original post by Eva.Gregoria
I'd prefer to work nights or only go to night school. Unfortunately I'd still have to be awake during the day as the rest of the world functions during daytime.

Exactly, that's my point. It had to be draining on the body if you have to meet up with friends or do shopping during the day.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Original post by iamu
worked in a club so like 10-4am, wasn't that bad but ****s up your sleeping pattern

Yeah! So what would you do on your holiday when you don't need to stay up all nigh? Do you still sleep during the day?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Original post by maxi365
Yeah! So what would you do on your holiday when you don't need to stay up all nigh? Do you still sleep during the day?

Posted from TSR Mobile

only ever worked Fri/Sat, maybe Sun then uni during the week.

So finish in the club, go home then sleep most of the day pretty much then chill then back to the club if working 2 nights in a row.

Quick Reply

Latest