The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial College Medical Applicants 2015 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MattE2709
Oh really? So you haven't heard from them for an interview too? Are you an international?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep. I've got interviews from oxford (unsuccessful), ucl (waiting) and barts (february) but nothing from imperial...
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 1241
Just got an offer :biggrin: My interview was on the 6th
Reply 1242
OFFERRRRRRRRRRRRRR (interview on 6th)
Original post by tans

congratssssssss WELL DESERVED :wink:
OFFER (interview 6th jan)
Offer.
Original post by diseasedneckbeard
They only criticised? That's odd. What kinds of things did they say? I mean, how are you meant to respond to just criticism?

I don't wanna mention anything specific since I'm aware that admissions tutors do have a look around TSR. But for example they criticised a course that I did and just mocked me it. And they said that my personal statement seemed more oriented towards someone with an undecided future...but I received my interview invite with the first batch so clearly the admissions tutors didn't think so. And for some odd reason they didn't believe that I did a sport even though I correctly answered questions on it. I know they are meant to test how you perform under pressure but this was too much considering that they pretty much slaughtered me.
Offer.

Well done man!
Original post by Futuremedic2096
Odd
you never know you might get a surprise

Highly doubt it when they pretty much implied that I failed, but I'll keep a tiny bit of hope :P
Reply 1249
Original post by TechRaid3r
I don't wanna mention anything specific since I'm aware that admissions tutors do have a look around TSR. But for example they criticised a course that I did and just mocked me it. And they said that my personal statement seemed more oriented towards someone with an undecided future...but I received my interview invite with the first batch so clearly the admissions tutors didn't think so. And for some odd reason they didn't believe that I did a sport even though I correctly answered questions on it. I know they are meant to test how you perform under pressure but this was too much considering that they pretty much slaughtered me.

That... doesn't sound normal :frown: from what I've heard, Imperial are supposed to be nice! Did you answer the ethics question wrong at the beginning or at the end of the interview? I'm honestly confused as to why they treated you like that!
Original post by LJB96
Just got an offer :biggrin: My interview was on the 6th

Original post by tans

Well done. AAA?

Wow, wtf, that sounds excessively harsh. Regarding the sports thing, are you fat? Maybe if you didn't look fit, they felt you didn't play sport.

I was thinking the same thing as you about the admissions tutor; surely if you got invited, your PS couldn't have been that poor.

Well done man!

Cheers.
(edited 9 years ago)
Hahaha I got an offer as well :smile:
Reply 1252
Well done. AAA?

Wow, wtf, that sounds excessively harsh. Regarding the sports thing, are you fat? Maybe if you didn't look fit, they felt you didn't play sport.

I was thinking the same thing as you about the admissions tutor; surely if you got invited, your PS couldn't have been that poor.

Cheers.

Yess AAA
Reply 1253
Well done. AAA?

Wow, wtf, that sounds excessively harsh. Regarding the sports thing, are you fat? Maybe if you didn't look fit, they felt you didn't play sport. I was thinking the same thing about the admissions tutor; surely if you got invited, your PS couldn't have been that poor.

Cheers.

I've already got my A levels, they just want proof
Original post by tans
Yess AAA

Are you firming Imperial?

Original post by LJB96
I've already got my A levels, they just want proof

So you can chill till October now?

Original post by Rishi1806
Hahaha I got an offer as well :smile:

Well done, mate.
Original post by liass
That... doesn't sound normal :frown: from what I've heard, Imperial are supposed to be nice! Did you answer the ethics question wrong at the beginning or at the end of the interview? I'm honestly confused as to why they treated you like that!

Yeah even before the interview when the medical student took me into the room, she was talking to me saying how the interview would be really friendly and all...but then as soon as I get in they just bombard me with criticism. And well there's no right or wrong answer to the ethics question and it just depends on how you justify the answer. I think I justified it reasonably. But the ethics question was the second last question. The last 'question' was more like a sarcastic remark and I responded pretending I didn't understand the sarcasm.
Reply 1256

Well done, mate.

not yet but it is my first choice so i will eventually

Well done, mate.

You too!!! Are you firming it?
Reply 1258
Futuremedic check your ucas!!
Original post by tans
not yet but it is my first choice so i will eventually

Ok.

Original post by Rishi1806
You too!!! Are you firming it?

Probably not. Birmingham gave me an offer as well.

Original post by tans
Futuremedic check your ucas!!

He's going to have a coronary when he opens this thread again.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending