The Student Room Group

i thought my boss liked me, so why would he say this..?

been talking to my manager outside work via texts. nothing flirty or inappropriate. i know it may seem so to others. anyway we were joking about recruiting a new staff member to replace someone leaving. he said i can help him hire someone new, but to make sure she's easy on the eyes, but not too much so that he gets distracted.. why would he say that?
As a joke?
Reply 2
Original post by Mr.Econometrics
As a joke?

dunno, maybe it was? didn't come across funny tho
Original post by Anonymous
dunno, maybe it was? didn't come across funny tho

Don't know what your boss is like, but definitely seems like a light-hearted joke from where I'm sitting. Maybe you're overthinking!
Reply 4
Clearly you like him! You're over analysing little comments he make and getting upset by them.
Reply 5
Original post by Antzlck
Clearly you like him! You're over analysing little comments he make and getting upset by them.

Don't know what your boss is like, but definitely seems like a light-hearted joke from where I'm sitting. Maybe you're overthinking!

surely he does too to be texting me til 10pm every night. just found that remark a bit weird!
Reply 6
You convinced yourself that your manager likes you so now you're over-analysing the simplest of details. Maybe he was just joking, or testing you. Could be both, one may never know.
Reply 7
surely he does too to be texting me til 10pm every night. just found that remark a bit weird!

Maybe it's that he doesn't want to be distracted by a good looking girl in his team in the way you distract him ...
Reply 8
Original post by Alsklinq
You convinced yourself that your manager likes you so now you're over-analysing the simplest of details. Maybe he was just joking, or testing you. Could be both, one may never know.

i didn't convince myself at all, if he chose to start talking to me outside of work, which he doesn't with anyone else, i would say theres at least a little attraction there. but thanks for your other points! :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Antzlck
Maybe it's that he doesn't want to be distracted by a good looking girl in his team in the way you distract him ...

interesting.. could b a hidden message.

I think you're overthinking, it probably wasn't that big of a deal. You have to remember that you guys aren't 'together' yet, so maybe he sees no harm in the occasional sexual joke? Haha.
I think you're overthinking, it probably wasn't that big of a deal. You have to remember that you guys aren't 'together' yet, so maybe he sees no harm in the occasional sexual joke? Haha.

hah true say x
Reply 12
I don't think you should be in a romantic relationship with your teacher.

*I read between the lines*

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending