The Student Room Group

My boyfriend hasn't spoken to me in a week?

I do not know what's happened to him at all. I texted him a few days ago and got no reply (which isn't out of the norm). I texted him again the next night and then called him and got no reply (which is out of the norm, he wouldn't go that long without replying when I have made numerous attempts at contact). I then started to get really pissed off because the past few weeks, we have only seen each other once a week. I sent him a long text that said if he only sees us as a casual thing, then maybe we should end it? And that I'd respect him if he didn't want to continue this, I just need to know what's going on. No reply, which is really unusual because at a text like this, I know he would panic and call me immediately. I called him this afternoon. Nothing. I then got really frustrated and texted him I will make it easier for you then, we're done.

I don't want us to be over. I'd do anything to be with him. I know for a fact if he wanted to end things, he would tell me directly. He isn't the type of person to suddenly cut contact with someone to get rid of someone. He's the nicest person I've ever met. I'm so confused because last week, he was talking about going on holiday together and not long ago, moving in together. When we are together, we couldn't be happier. A few weeks ago we found out I was pregnant. Then I miscarried. I know he was upset about it, but we talked through it a lot and returned back to normal. He said he's always going to be here for me to talk. So I'm utterly confused why he's disappeared.

What can I do? I know I messed up by dumping him. But I refuse to be treated like this. I refuse to be his doormat. He decides when we can talk. He decides when we see each other. He doesn't intentionally act like this. His natural personality is just too laid back etc. I feel so lost without him. I don't think I want to carry on without him. Any ideas?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
go see him? if you really want answers the only option is to go to his place or wherever he is and see him. call his friends/family to see if he's okay?
Reply 2
Did you go meet him personally? Things like this should be talked about face to face and not through texts. If he wasn't replying then surely you could've made an effort to go talk it out?
Reply 3
Go see him, sit him down, and tell him how you feel and what you want out of this relationship.

Goodluck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
You need to make sure he's okay x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is he actually OK? Maybe you should show concern first, before jumping into conclusions. Text his friends.
Reply 6
Original post by Puresha
go see him? if you really want answers the only option is to go to his place or wherever he is and see him. call his friends/family to see if he's okay?

I'm thinking about leaving it a few days, then going to see him. I just didn't want to chase him again. A similar thing happened at the beginning of our relationship, but not as long as this. So I went to see him in the end and I don't like the idea that he now probably thinks he doesn't have to do any work to maintain our relationship.

I don't know his friends. I've only met his family once so I feel a bit weird about contacting him. I was thinking about calling his work/going into his work but I feel if he doesn't want to see me, then I should respect that and not turn up at his work. I don't know, I am quite scared that something really bad has happened to him.
Reply 7
Original post by Alsklinq
Did you go meet him personally? Things like this should be talked about face to face and not through texts. If he wasn't replying then surely you could've made an effort to go talk it out?

No :/ although I guess I should. If it turns out he's okay, then I don't want to come across that I'm the one chasing him and putting all the work into this relationship. He never does anything to maintain this relationship because he is so ridiculously laid back. For once I wanted him to fight for me.
Reply 8
Original post by Reety
Go see him, sit him down, and tell him how you feel and what you want out of this relationship.

Goodluck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you. I will do!
Reply 9
well if you dont try its never gonna work is it? be the bigger person and talk it out
Original post by SomeStudent
Is he actually OK? Maybe you should show concern first, before jumping into conclusions. Text his friends.

I don't know. I assumed so at first instance, and now I'm actually really scared something has happened :frown:
I don't know any of his friends, except work friends. I didn't really want to call up the place where he works to see whats going on because I wanted to keep my distance as I thought that what he wanted.
Original post by Anonymous
I don't know. I assumed so at first instance, and now I'm actually really scared something has happened :frown:
I don't know any of his friends, except work friends. I didn't really want to call up the place where he works to see whats going on because I wanted to keep my distance as I thought that what he wanted.

Facebook?
It doesn't sound like you two have been going out all that long if your first thought is that he's just trying to make you chase him rather than being concerned for his wellbeing if my boyfriend hadn't replied to my texts or calls I'd be terrified something had happened especially as we're long distance can you Facebook one of his flat mates or friends or what not just to check he's ok? He could have lost his phone or something especially if you say it's out of character for him to ignore you for this length of time. If you don't know any of his friends (again odd if you're so serious you are talking about living together) then I would definitely text his mum if you two are friendly just to make sure everything is ok? Or if you're able to, go round his house.
Original post by SomeStudent
Facebook?

Neither of us have it.
Reply 14
Check his last seen on Whatsapp?
Or wait it out. You never know with lads, it could just turn out that he was busy with work or family or whatever. (Even though that's a bit negligent of him to keep you hanging.)
Original post by lyrical_lie
It doesn't sound like you two have been going out all that long if your first thought is that he's just trying to make you chase him rather than being concerned for his wellbeing if my boyfriend hadn't replied to my texts or calls I'd be terrified something had happened especially as we're long distance can you Facebook one of his flat mates or friends or what not just to check he's ok? He could have lost his phone or something especially if you say it's out of character for him to ignore you for this length of time. If you don't know any of his friends (again odd if you're so serious you are talking about living together) then I would definitely text his mum if you two are friendly just to make sure everything is ok? Or if you're able to, go round his house.

I feel selfish now :frown: I did think at first instance something could be wrong. But then I started revolving it around me and convinced myself I'm the problem (when I haven't done anything wrong). Neither of us have facebook and he lives alone.
I thought if he had lost his phone or had it stolen, then he wouldn't wait days to tell me. I thought if he cared about me one bit, he would take out two minutes to come to my house and tell me (we live a few streets from each other). I think I'm going to go to his house now because I need to put this to rest.
Original post by _jxrr
Check his last seen on Whatsapp?
Or wait it out. You never know with lads, it could just turn out that he was busy with work or family or whatever. (Even though that's a bit negligent of him to keep you hanging.)

He last was on more than a week ago, which is unusual since he tends to check it every few days.
I'm sick of being left hanging and that's why I got so angry, which I now really regret.
I'm sorry to hear that he's gone all quiet during what must be a really difficult time for you. It must be worrying, as you don't know whether it's intentional (which is bad) or because something's happened to him (which is worse).

How long have you two been together? It sounds like a serious relationship, so it's a bit unusual that you don't know his friends. Does he have a social media profile you can check to see if he is okay?

I think that when he surfaces, you two need to have a long chat, face to face. You need to both express your feelings, what you want out of the relationship, what you don't want, and figure out how to move forward.

If he is ignoring you, that isn't right. It also wasn't right for you to threaten to break up with him, just to get him to respond - that's playing games, and if you want to have a healthy relationship together, game-playing isn't the way forward.

I hope that he gets in touch with you soon, and that you two can work things out.
Reply 18
He last was on more than a week ago, which is unusual since he tends to check it every few days.
I'm sick of being left hanging and that's why I got so angry, which I now really regret.

How about giving him a ring? If it rings then he's alright because he's obviously been charging his phone. At least then you'd have a slight understanding of his well being.
And send a short message apologising for your aggravated text, tell him you hope he's well, tell him you love him if that's what you guys were used to saying.
After that, just leave it until you get a response from him. The longer you don't bother ringing him or texting him after your final text, it'll make him speak to you because he'll be wondering why you're not constantly contacting him. And it would also potentially trigger fear within him that you're moving on :wink:
Original post by Kittiara
I'm sorry to hear that he's gone all quiet during what must be a really difficult time for you. It must be worrying, as you don't know whether it's intentional (which is bad) or because something's happened to him (which is worse).

How long have you two been together? It sounds like a serious relationship, so it's a bit unusual that you don't know his friends. Does he have a social media profile you can check to see if he is okay?

I think that when he surfaces, you two need to have a long chat, face to face. You need to both express your feelings, what you want out of the relationship, what you don't want, and figure out how to move forward.

If he is ignoring you, that isn't right. It also wasn't right for you to threaten to break up with him, just to get him to respond - that's playing games, and if you want to have a healthy relationship together, game-playing isn't the way forward.

I hope that he gets in touch with you soon, and that you two can work things out.

Thanks for the sympathy.

We've been together for four months. None of us have facebook and he rarely uses twitter.

I'm afraid that he'll never surface and I'll never know what happened. But yes, I feel so bad for game playing. I'm embarrassed at how immature I probably came across.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending