The Student Room Group

Dropping maths

I've applied for uni and had 3 offers back and an interview based on my a levels of biology, general studies and English lit. I also carried on with maths although it wouldn't have counted towards my uni offers, but have decided to drop it. Will this affect my offers at all?
Reply 1
Original post by alyssiahannah
I've applied for uni and had 3 offers back and an interview based on my a levels of biology, general studies and English lit. I also carried on with maths although it wouldn't have counted towards my uni offers, but have decided to drop it. Will this affect my offers at all?

If you've already recieved your offers and they aren't based upon maths, then no, it shouldn't. You might want to check by either asking your teachers or contacting the unis themselves, but I think you should be fine, and someone in my class in a similar position to you just did the same thing so they could focus on the important 3 subjects :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by alyssiahannah

If your offer contains no Maths requirement, then you can drop it. Simples.
- Check with your university that it's okay to drop the subject (although they may not have included it in your offer, they may have given you a certain offer because they were aware that you're doing four, or something like that)
- If it is, email [email protected] and tell them you're dropping maths.

In theory, your unis can withdraw an offer, although this is unlikely. Nothing is likely to happen in terms of offers changing.

Quick Reply

Latest