The Student Room Group

Sleeping with a guy I don't find attractive

I've been seeing him for nearly two months, and we've just started sleeping together. But he has a bit of a belly, not muscle definition at all and is also quite self conscious. When we were dating, we'd flirt a LOT and he acted so confident. But now in bed, I can tell he is very self conscious. Will only get intimate in the dark etc.

I enjoy his company but I don't think I'm attracted to him. I always say I think he's hot etc and it makes him happy. But I feel like I'm lying to him.

I have said things like "We should work out together" "Let's go jogging" etc because I work out everyday at home or in the gym. I'm not fitness model, but I like to take care of my body. He used to workout too, but he let himself go after some personal problems. Don't know how to tackle this problem. :frown:

What shall I do?

Scroll to see replies

Leave him, it doesn't sound as if you're truly committed and tbh if an issue like this is bothering you then it seems like your relationship might not be totally worth it.

BUT, I'm just a kid really so I wouldn't do anything rash from my advice alone, it's more of an opinion really.
I agree that you should probably stop sleeping with each other/seeing each other, not in a stuck up way but attraction is important just like personality!

Although, there must be something that drew you to start seeing him in the first place and sleeping with him? Or was it just the confidence that he had? If you reassure him that he doesn't need to be embarrassed or anything things might improve and if he thinks more positively about his appearance/is more confident he may be more likely to get in shape :smile:
Reply 3
Where's your self respect?
Reply 4
Healthy diet and extra rumpy pumpy
Are you hot?

If so, that is one lucky dude.
Reply 7
Original post by robynofficer97
I agree that you should probably stop sleeping with each other/seeing each other, not in a stuck up way but attraction is important just like personality!

Although, there must be something that drew you to start seeing him in the first place and sleeping with him? Or was it just the confidence that he had? If you reassure him that he doesn't need to be embarrassed or anything things might improve and if he thinks more positively about his appearance/is more confident he may be more likely to get in shape :smile:

We don't see or chat to each other often as we both have pretty busy lives. But we make time for one another when we can, like once a week, and have slept together two or three times. He's getting a little better, took his top off last time. So I guess time will tell. I'm even willing to work out on Skype with him to just get the ball rolling. He has natural broad shoulders and quite a large ahem lol so I am pleased with that. It's just his physique. I liked his confidence, he was borderline arrogant but I didn't really mind it at times. He had some major surgery a few months ago which made him lose confidence and gain weight. I don't want to stop seeing him because I enjoy his company and like spending time with him.
Reply 8
Original post by Gambit92
Where's your self respect?

Up your... :smile:

Original post by IBBOOM
Are you hot?

If so, that is one lucky dude.

I am
Reply 9
And this is why aesthetics and a superficially confident personality are the most important things for men. Just dump him and if you are a real woman tell him the truth regarding why, that will be a lot more help to his life in the long term.
Reply 10
I think you should leave him tbh, don't do something that doesn't make you happy.
You're clearly going to break up eventually so why carry on with things now if it's not working out.
Looool. Why on earth are you having sex with him hahahahah. Hahahahahahahha

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't think you need to dump him since you've not cheated and seem to still like everything else about him. I do think you should give him an ultimatum though.. he has 6 months to be the man you know he can be or you will seek a more desirable mate.
Tbh if i was the guy and knew this i'd dump her ass in a second. Hermit myself for as long as it takes to become a sick shredded slaying machine. Then **** hotter girls and rub it in her face.
Do you enjoy the sex?

If not, then you have your answer.

If you do, then you need to work on his self-confidence by pointing out that you do enjoy the sex. Then you can encourage him to do the things that would help you enjoy it even more.
Original post by Tom_Ford
Tbh if i was the guy and knew this i'd dump her ass in a second. Hermit myself for as long as it takes to become a sick shredded slaying machine. Then **** hotter girls and rub it in her face.

Aw diddums :emo:
Original post by Rakas21
I don't think you need to dump him since you've not cheated and seem to still like everything else about him. I do think you should give him an ultimatum though.. he has 6 months to be the man you know he can be or you will seek a more desirable mate.

I think I'll give that a go, thank you. I did mention that he's different in bed, but he just says its been a long time etc.
Original post by Deanio
I think you should leave him tbh, don't do something that doesn't make you happy.
You're clearly going to break up eventually so why carry on with things now if it's not working out.

He does make me happy, just doesn't sexually appeal to me at the moment. The two are mutually exclusive
And this is why aesthetics and a superficially confident personality are the most important things for men. Just dump him and if you are a real woman tell him the truth regarding why, that will be a lot more help to his life in the long term.

Oh please. I wont leave a guy just because he's let himself go. We have talked about weight and I have said I liked toned or defined men rather than bulky steroid popping men with tiny penises.
Original post by Anonymous
Aw diddums :emo:

I think I'll give that a go, thank you. I did mention that he's different in bed, but he just says its been a long time etc.

He does make me happy, just doesn't sexually appeal to me at the moment. The two are mutually exclusive

Oh please. I wont leave a guy just because he's let himself go. We have talked about weight and I have said I liked toned or defined men rather than bulky steroid popping men with tiny penises.

Toned is such a **** word, don't say toned, say "low body fat percentage". I'm not on steds mate, I am just genetically gifted.
Original post by unprinted
Do you enjoy the sex?

If not, then you have your answer.

If you do, then you need to work on his self-confidence by pointing out that you do enjoy the sex. Then you can encourage him to do the things that would help you enjoy it even more.

It was ok, but its getting better everytime. I was with a much older guy before him and he has said that he's a little insecure about that. He still hasn't been able to make me orgasm and normally I am able to go 2 or 3 times. I just enjoy the way he looks after me, and just his personality. He is pretty funny too.
Toned is such a **** word, don't say toned, say "low body fat percentage". I'm not on steds mate, I am just genetically gifted.
WATCH OUT! We've got a badass over here!
Original post by Anonymous
WATCH OUT! We've got a badass over here!

I am pretty amazing tbh. Started from the bottom, turned out to have totally badass bodybuilding genetics. Good insertions, light frame with classic apollonian structure, ability to keep low bf.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending