The Student Room Group

he's only texting me because he's bored right?

I haven't spoken to this dude in a while. I deleted his number and had no intention of contacting him again. He texted me today to see how I am, I recognised the number and politely responded. I asked how he was and he said ' I'm good, bored at work it's a very slow day '. So to me he's just messaged me because he's bored, am I wrong? no follow up question or anything.. He didn't even check in to see if I had recovered. I'm never rude or like to leave people hanging, but I'm not even going to respond to the message. Am I being harsh?

Scroll to see replies

Yeah, probably. If he wants something beyond someone to talk at he'll probably prompt you again.
Reply 2
You're thinking along the right lines. And you're not being harsh at all. You do you, girl.
You're not being harsh. He's texting you because he wants to have sex with you. Just ignore him.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by TurboCretin
Yeah, probably. If he wants something beyond someone to talk at he'll probably prompt you again.
Yeah that's what I thought.

Original post by Alsklinq
You're thinking along the right lines. And you're not being harsh at all. You do you, girl.
thanks for your input

Original post by Illegal Algebra
You're not being harsh. He's texting you because he wants to have sex with you. Just ignore him.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol always gotta be about sex
Reply 5
Original post by Illegal Algebra

Posted from TSR Mobile

No he isn't.

Posted from TSR Mobile
If he only messages you when he's bored, I don't see the point in replying :tongue:
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous
I haven't spoken to this dude in a while. I deleted his number and had no intention of contacting him again. He texted me today to see how I am, I recognised the number and politely responded. I asked how he was and he said ' I'm good, bored at work it's a very slow day '. So to me he's just messaged me because he's bored, am I wrong? no follow up question or anything.. He didn't even check in to see if I had recovered. I'm never rude or like to leave people hanging, but I'm not even going to respond to the message. Am I being harsh?

Where did you meet? And how come you stopped speaking?
Reply 8
Original post by Magnesium
If he only messages you when he's bored, I don't see the point in replying :tongue:

I'm not sure of the other times he's texted me. The last time he texted me he was at his friends house and this time around he's clearly bored.
Reply 9
Original post by SSS_JJJ
Where did you meet? And how come you stopped speaking?

I met him last year whilst out shopping. Everything was going so well ( I thought so) then he wouldn't make contact much , I tried to keep it up but seemed like he was occupied elsewhere if you get what I mean. I'm cool with delayed responses, he just didn't seem that interested in what I had to say at times. Then he'd randomly pop up again make contact and it would fizzle out. It kinda sucks cos I did really like him. However If he only wants to talk to me when it's convenient to him, I'd rather not hear from him.
Yep he's just bored
Original post by Anonymous
I'm not sure of the other times he's texted me. The last time he texted me he was at his friends house and this time around he's clearly bored.

If the conversation just ends and he doesn't make an effort to continue the same conversation you're having and he doesn't show he cares about the things you're saying, I'd assume he's bored and trying to take advantage of the fact that you used to be interested? He might think that since you used to be interested, you'll 'definitely' reply to him and keep him entertained whilst he's bored. That's just my two cents, I have no idea what he's doing :colondollar:
Reply 12
All the people here are missing the point. "Just texting because he was bored..." Yeee-no. Only Comrade Illegal Algebra got this one right! Yup! The only reason he is texting you, or, the only reason a guy texts you, is because he wants to bang you! Simple as. No need to read into signs, post repetitive forum threads etc., its very clear he just wants the V and the Ts.
Reply 13
Same kind of thing happening to me :/ I wish I could ignore him but I can't stop myself! Urgh! But no you're not being harsh! Good on you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ycs93
Same kind of thing happening to me :/ I wish I could ignore him but I can't stop myself! Urgh! But no you're not being harsh! Good on you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

It is so hard, but I'm taking it one day at a time. It should get easier (I hope). Just gotta remind ourselves that there are more fish in the sea!
Original post by DerMann
All the people here are missing the point. "Just texting because he was bored..." Yeee-no. Only Comrade Illegal Algebra got this one right! Yup! The only reason he is texting you, or, the only reason a guy texts you, is because he wants to bang you! Simple as. No need to read into signs, post repetitive forum threads etc., its very clear he just wants the V and the Ts.

Hmm okay then Dermann

Original post by anonwinner
Yep he's just bored

Original post by Magnesium
If the conversation just ends and he doesn't make an effort to continue the same conversation you're having and he doesn't show he cares about the things you're saying, I'd assume he's bored and trying to take advantage of the fact that you used to be interested? He might think that since you used to be interested, you'll 'definitely' reply to him and keep him entertained whilst he's bored. That's just my two cents, I have no idea what he's doing :colondollar:

Maybe so. I'd rather he buggered off to be honest. Well I guess he'll have to get used to me not responding, if that's how he wants it to be. There's me thinking he was a decent guy and he's playing silly games. Thanks though.
Reply 16
Sometimes I didn't speak to girls I like for ages. It's not that I'm not interested. I just have a lot of things to do.

In general I don't think a boy texts a girl when he is bored only because he is bored. He is bored and interested, or simply interested, but never only doing it for the attention.

Maybe you could ask him out the next time you get a conversation going. He clearly likes you, but for whatever reason seems unable to take things further.
Reply 17
Also, you boring him with uninteresting comments does not mean that he isn't interested in you.
Original post by 41b
Sometimes I didn't speak to girls I like for ages. It's not that I'm not interested. I just have a lot of things to do.

In general I don't think a boy texts a girl when he is bored only because he is bored. He is bored and interested, or simply interested, but never only doing it for the attention.

Maybe you could ask him out the next time you get a conversation going. He clearly likes you, but for whatever reason seems unable to take things further.

Hmm interesting point of view. I understand he's busy, but if he was able to text me before with no issues then why the change. I'm thinking to give him a call so I know where I stand.
Reply 19
:smile:

Better to say that you like him and want him to ask you out rather than the aggro **** you've been posting on here though.

Quick Reply