University of Edinburgh

University of Edinburgh Offer Holders 2015 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Hai guyz

Politics, Economic & Social History offer holder
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Original post by medahoe
Anyone get a reply for business management yet?

Well I got my Business and Economics offer in mid Nov, so I guess they must have been giving some business school offers out. But scottish unis are known to give late responses, so don't give up :smile:
Reply 142
I've got my offer for International Relations!
Hello, I'm an American from Oregon and I received a conditional offer for Ecological and Environmental Sciences for year 2 entry.
When do Edinburgh normally push out their offers for UK applications? I understand it's faculty based but, based on previous years if anyone had any insight?

Thanks
Conditional for BEng Computer science :biggrin:
Reply 146
Original post by Raysorb

Congrats! I have an offer for comp sci too :biggrin:
Original post by andy765
Anyone got an offer for Philosophy? Submitted in November still haven't got one

Applied for Philosohy and Mathematics mid-December and still haven't heard back. It's annoying because it's the only uni that hasn't gotten back to me yet. I'm Hoping to hear soon
Original post by Raysorb

Congrats!

Still haven't heard back.. I applied on the 15th of December.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 149
Got a conditional in accounting and finance earlier this month:smile:
Anybody heard back from:
-Pharmacology (Bsc)
-Biomedical Sciences (Bsc)
- Chemistry (2nd year entry) (BSc)

I'm a second year student from St Andrews looking to transfer to Edinburgh :smile:
Original post by nessa_288
Anybody heard back from:
-Pharmacology (Bsc)

I'm a second year student from St Andrews looking to transfer to Edinburgh :smile:

Just curious, as someone interested in both St Andrews and Edinburgh, why do you want to transfer? :smile:
Original post by nessa_288
Anybody heard back from:
-Pharmacology (Bsc)

i'm firming my offer for Biomedical Sciences tomorrow :smile:
Original post by kpinkard
Just curious, as someone interested in both St Andrews and Edinburgh, why do you want to transfer? :smile:

I want to transfer mainly because I miss my home and I believe Edinburgh has more and better facilities than St Andrews would.

I don't want to be biased here nor be influential, but I believe St Andrews is only high in rankings because:

1) It's an old university and the first one built in Scotland
2) A member of the Royal Family attended there. i.e. Prince Williams

The tables don't really give you an idea what it's like academically. I'm currently doing straight second year Chemistry and lemme just say there are a bajillion things I can say about it but I'll point out a few things which I have noticed:

1) They REALLY expect you to learn in a self dependant manner - therefore, explains the brevity of the lecture notes. ( I cannot emphasise this more)

2) When asking for help in a lab sessions, almost all of the demonstrators do NOT know what's going on and when you do ask for help, one demostrator advises you to do one thing and the other advises you to do something else.

3) Marking for lab reports is NOT consistent.

4) Edinburgh's library is TRIPLE the size of the St Andrews Main library - the St Andrews library is usually tense and has less seats for students who want to study there.

Maybe I was just unlucky last semester but it really screwed up my grades and so I want to repeat the year in Edinburgh. I went to see King's Building the other day and it's realllly big and amazing. I think for sciences, Edinburgh would be slightly better because it provides more facilities for the sciences than St Andrews, considering it is a smaller town. Also, since I would be living at home, I won't have to be worrying about rent hehe XD.
Original post by mglen
Congrats! I have an offer for comp sci too :biggrin:

Original post by Princepieman
Congrats!

Still haven't heard back.. I applied on the 15th of December.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks!
Did you guys apply for BSc or BEng? Just curious
Reply 155
Original post by Raysorb
Thanks!

I applied for the BSc :smile:
Original post by Raysorb
Thanks!

The BSc in Comp Sci and Electronics.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 157
Original post by bwabwa
Unconditional to maths and stats :-). Does anyone know when the uni tell you whether you've got into halls or not?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well done! When did u apply?... I'm so impatient hahah
Has anyone heard back from pe teaching yet?
Just found out this thread is a thing!

I'm a Scottish Student with an Unconditional offer for Electrical and Mechanical Engineering MEng!! Got it a few months ago actually haha!

I noticed that people were talking about accommodation, can you apply before you firm your offer (have to wait on a few more offers before I can accept)? I'm thinking Warrender Park Crest or Warrender Park Road/Spottiswoode Street :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending