The Student Room Group

Did I miss something?

So this girl messages me on Facebook saying she's bored, then just goes offline...? It's been an hour now and no reply.
She added me on Facebook a few weeks ago because she wanted help for a summer school course for university that I'd already done. We've only met once in person, when we bumped into each other at a nightclub and she seemed pretty interested in me but I don't know if that was just the alcohol talking.

Facebook Message:

Girls, why do you do this? Did I miss something, like did she want to do something with me or something?
Seems a bit rude to randomly start talking to someone and then go offline
(edited 9 years ago)
You qualified yourself unnecessarily. She did seem interested though.

From experience, if they consider you attractive they'll have certain expectations regarding the conversation.

To cut it short, I think its either she wanted a different kind of conversation // meetup . Or she just wanted to see how you act when she gives you attention.

As a piece of advice, try not talking about yourself //qualify without her doing that first.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You seemed to have criticised her in the end. That would make me uncomfortable :sadnod:
Reply 3
Original post by 1st Love
So this girl messages me on Facebook saying she's bored, then just goes offline...? It's been an hour now and no reply.
She added me on Facebook a few weeks ago because she wanted help for a summer school course for university that I'd already done. We've only met once in person, when we bumped into each other at a nightclub and she seemed pretty interested in me but I don't know if that was just the alcohol talking.

Facebook Message:

Girls, why do you do this? Did I miss something, like did she want to do something with me or something?
Seems a bit rude to randomly start talking to someone and then go offline

Why are you reading so much into it lol? Maybe she got invited out by a friend, or she was called for an emergency, or she decided to go do something more interesting than talk to someone she's barely met on facebook?

It's just a facebook chat with no real meaning whatsoever. Please don't stress about it :smile:
Original post by SecretDuck
You seemed to have criticised her in the end. That would make me uncomfortable :sadnod:

I think he was just asking a question, I don't think he was trying to criticise her

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by channies
I think he was just asking a question, I don't think he was trying to criticise her

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know that he didn't mean to criticise her but in the end, it does look like something that a parent would say and not a potential partner.
Reply 6
Original post by adrians1948
You qualified yourself unnecessarily. She did seem interested though.

From experience, if they consider you attractive they'll have certain expectations regarding the conversation.

To cut it short, I think its either she wanted a different kind of conversation // meetup . Or she just wanted to see how you act when she gives you attention.

As a piece of advice, try not talking about yourself //qualify without her doing that first.

What do you mean qualify without her doing that first? Talk about her more often without her doing that first?

Original post by 506rl
Why are you reading so much into it lol? Maybe she got invited out by a friend, or she was called for an emergency, or she decided to go do something more interesting than talk to someone she's barely met on facebook?

It's just a facebook chat with no real meaning whatsoever. Please don't stress about it :smile:

It's just weird that a girl would do that, that's all. I mean even starting a conversation with me means something to me because she doesn't even know me that well... Why not talk to one of her friends on Facebook instead?

Original post by channies

Original post by SecretDuck
I know that he didn't mean to criticise her but in the end, it does look like something that a parent would say and not a potential partner.

Hmm.. I didn't mean for it to come off as a criticism. I was genuinely just asking a question. How could I have worded it better?
(edited 9 years ago)
Lol it doesn't seem like you were trying to criticise her at all. It was just a question... You wanted to know why she was going back so early, so you asked. Guys do this aswell, start conversations and then cut. She probably had things to do that's why she left so soon.
Reply 8
Original post by 1st Love

It's just weird that a girl would do that, that's all. I mean even starting a conversation with me means something to me because she doesn't even know me that well... Why not talk to one of her friends on Facebook instead?

Well she may well have been talking to other friends at the same time. Like I said, maybe she got distracted.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending