The Student Room Group

Going to the flat of someone you've just met

I met a guy on Tinder and so far we've been on two dates. He seems very nice, and has asked me round to his flat for dinner (he lives alone). However, while we've been talking for a few weeks I only met him in 'real life' about a week ago, and think it might be a bit silly to go round to his flat when I barely know him. Am I being over-cautious, or should I in fact tell him that I don't yet feel comfy with the idea? If so, how should I break it to him so it doesn't seem I'm rejecting/judging him?
I'd do it.
Original post by Anonymous
I met a guy on Tinder and so far we've been on two dates. He seems very nice, and has asked me round to his flat for dinner (he lives alone). However, while we've been talking for a few weeks I only met him in 'real life' about a week ago, and think it might be a bit silly to go round to his flat when I barely know him. Am I being over-cautious, or should I in fact tell him that I don't yet feel comfy with the idea? If so, how should I break it to him so it doesn't seem I'm rejecting/judging him?

It's perfectly normal to feel like that :smile:

If you think you'll need more time until you're comfortable turning up at his place, just suggest you guys have dinner at a restaurant? (be like "oh, we can go to this really good Italian place instead! It's really nice" or something)

In time you'll feel more comfortable about it dw~
Tinder + going to his flat?

= :hump::rofl:
Reply 4
Original post by R Dragon
It's perfectly normal to feel like that :smile:

If you think you'll need more time until you're comfortable turning up at his place, just suggest you guys have dinner at a restaurant? (be like "oh, we can go to this really good Italian place instead! It's really nice" or something)

In time you'll feel more comfortable about it dw~

Thank you, I think I'll do that. I've been given tickets for the theatre so I think I'll suggest we do that instead and then go for dinner or drinks afterwards. Hopefully he won't take it the wrong way!
Reply 5
Original post by heavyhandscott
Tinder + going to his flat?

= :hump::rofl:

Well no, not going to his flat. That's the point of the thread.
Thank you, I think I'll do that. I've been given tickets for the theatre so I think I'll suggest we do that instead and then go for dinner or drinks afterwards. Hopefully he won't take it the wrong way!

That sounds lovely, what show are you watching?
Well no, not going to his flat. That's the point of the thread.

Well no youre asking everyone of advice as to if you should, and im just saying if you did... :P

It was only a joke too, the guy is probably genuine but we cannot tell
If you don't feel comfortable then don't go. You could say you'd prefer to go elsewhere... Okay I see the theatre idea,go with that :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending