The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham offer holders 2015 thread

Scroll to see replies

Did u ally for the General Engineering course? And what r u going to do in ur gap year if u don't mind my asking?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Anthropology and Sociology, definitely firming! :smile: :smile: :smile:
Soo pleased, applied for St Chad's as well :biggrin:
Offer for Sociology at ABB- applied to St. John's
Reply 363
Original post by emzyyyyy
Offer for Sociology at ABB- applied to St. John's

Hey! Same offer and same collage here except for English lit! Rare to see anyone else applying for St. John's! I love it! 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Elle97
Hey! Same offer and same collage here except for English lit! Rare to see anyone else applying for St. John's! I love it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was so glad that my offer conditions got lowered!.Well done with your offer :smile:. I applied to St. John's because I wanted to be apart of a smaller college which had "tight knit community". how about you?.Where else have you applied to?.Is Durham your firm?.Its nice to see someone else who has also applied to St. John's.
Reply 365
I was so glad that my offer conditions got lowered!.Well done with your offer :smile:. I applied to St. John's because I wanted to be apart of a smaller college which had "tight knit community". how about you?.Where else have you applied to?.Is Durham your firm?.Its nice to see someone else who has also applied to St. John's.

Same! Did you do supported progression or were they lowered for something else? I'm so happy I don't need an A* now! Still gonna try for one but the pressures off a bit! Same, it's the least over subscribed of all the Bailey collages and I really wanna be in that area because A. Shops and b. I'm lazy and that's where my department is, and it's such a gorgeous little collage! I've also applied to Exeter (A*A*A😩) York (AAA) Lancaster AAB and St Andrews- who I'm still waiting for! Yourself? Yes 100% my firm! I love it! Is it yours?

Posted from TSR Mobile
A*AB Finance.
Original post by Elle97
Same! Did you do supported progression or were they lowered for something else? I'm so happy I don't need an A* now! Still gonna try for one but the pressures off a bit! Same, it's the least over subscribed of all the Bailey collages and I really wanna be in that area because A. Shops and b. I'm lazy and that's where my department is, and it's such a gorgeous little collage! I've also applied to Exeter (A*A*A) York (AAA) Lancaster AAB and St Andrews- who I'm still waiting for! Yourself? Yes 100% my firm! I love it! Is it yours?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have no idea why my offer was lowered.Nope I don't live in the areas to be on the supported progression programme.I also applied to Bath(AAB), Surrey(AAB), Loughborough(BBB),Durham- still waiting to hear from Warwick.Its definitely a between Bath or Durham.Although Durham have offered me lower grades.I am eligible for a £3,000 bursary at Bath- which would help me immensely to be able to live for the next few year with ought having to worry about debt/ having no money. The modules and placement at Bath seem better there.However, I couldn't get to all the modules on the Durham website!.I might make it my insurance!.I don't know yet- I will wait until I've visited them all before I make a decision.To sort of get a feel of the place (if that makes sense).I love the idea of both!- I'm just a very indecisive person!.Im looking forward to visiting the university as well as I didn't get a chance to go to an open day.Good luck with your A- levels.ABB is quite manageable considering I only have to get a low B in one of my subjects to get an A overall.Like you said I'm still going to try hard to get the best results I can.In fact getting my offers has made me more motivated to work harder to get the grades.What do you take at A-level?:smile:
Reply 368
I have no idea why my offer was lowered.Nope I don't live in the areas to be on the supported progression programme.I also applied to Bath(AAB), Surrey(AAB), Loughborough(BBB),Durham- still waiting to hear from Warwick.Its definitely a between Bath or Durham.Although Durham have offered me lower grades.I am eligible for a £3,000 bursary at Bath- which would help me immensely to be able to live for the next few year with ought having to worry about debt/ having no money. The modules and placement at Bath seem better there.However, I couldn't get to all the modules on the Durham website!.I might make it my insurance!.I don't know yet- I will wait until I've visited them all before I make a decision.To sort of get a feel of the place (if that makes sense).I love the idea of both!- I'm just a very indecisive person!.Im looking forward to visiting the university as well as I didn't get a chance to go to an open day.Good luck with your A- levels.ABB is quite manageable considering I only have to get a low B in one of my subjects to get an A overall.Like you said I'm still going to try hard to get the best results I can.In fact getting my offers has made me more motivated to work harder to get the grades.What do you take at A-level?:smile:

Ah right! They must just have really wanted you! Ah wonderful choices, bath is absolutely gorgeous! I don't blame you considering the money, Durham are offering me £5,500 a year per year and it's going to make the absolute world of difference! I'm sure you'll love it on the open day, it's incredible honesty, like something out of a fairytale! Yeah ABB is a great offer! I'm sure you'll do it! Same I'm so so motivated to get my grades now! I do English Language, English Literature and History, I'm predicted A*A*A* but I think that's becoming a fond dream rather than a possible reality 😂yourself?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Elle97
Ah right! They must just have really wanted you! Ah wonderful choices, bath is absolutely gorgeous! I don't blame you considering the money, Durham are offering me £5,500 a year per year and it's going to make the absolute world of difference! I'm sure you'll love it on the open day, it's incredible honesty, like something out of a fairytale! Yeah ABB is a great offer! I'm sure you'll do it! Same I'm so so motivated to get my grades now! I do English Language, English Literature and History, I'm predicted A*A*A* but I think that's becoming a fond dream rather than a possible reality yourself?

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's an amazing amount of money I don't blame you either!.Everyone I've spoken to keeps saying Bath is a lovely place- I've never visited it before.I do Law, Psychology and Business.Im predicted A*AB.Though that's looking more unlikely I hope to get AAB, but I would be ecstatic if I could achieve my predicted grades.I was predicted a lot at the start of year 12 , so only visited other universities with a lot lower requirements.Hence why I've only visited one of my choices!.I would very happy to end up at either university though.Good luck with your A-levels!.
has anyone got offers for econ and politics yet?
Anyone heard for History yet?
Original post by rosh123
Hi, Im applying for biomed too! Do you mind me asking what your grades are? Also, when did you apply?

Finally another Biomed applicant haha :biggrin: GCSE 9A*'s&2A's, As Level 4A's & an A in EPQ, predicted A*AA and I applied 14th October :smile:
Original post by Hewitt
Anyone heard for History yet?

Nope! Nor has my friend
Reply 374
Original post by Randadoodle
Finally another Biomed applicant haha :biggrin: GCSE 9A*'s&2A's, As Level 4A's & an A in EPQ, predicted A*AA and I applied 14th October :smile:

Exactly! First one I've seen, we're a rare breed aha. Where else have you applied?
Original post by Dylann
Updates on Chemistry?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Any home applicants with offers for chemistry? I've applied for Chemistry with year in industry.

Applied October and only one I'm waiting for> Have offers from York,
Nottingham, Leeds and Birmingham.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Poppy 38
Any home applicants with offers for chemistry? I've applied for Chemistry with year in industry.

Applied October and only one I'm waiting for> Have offers from York,
Nottingham, Leeds and Birmingham.

Yeah some people do

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/connect/university/durham_university#chemistry-2015
Original post by scavi2008
Still waiting :smile:

same!! york and durham still
Original post by laishley1
has anyone got offers for econ and politics yet?

I have applied for PPE and i haven't received a reply yet:/
Original post by rosh123
Exactly! First one I've seen, we're a rare breed aha. Where else have you applied?

Birmingham & Oxford (rejected oops) for biomed, Exeter & Leeds for biological sciences but still waiting on Exeter! How about you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending