The Student Room Group

What motivates you to exercise?

I hear of people getting up at the crack of dawn to go down to the gym and bust a move but I can hardly talk myself out of bed after hitting the snooze button three times?

What motivates you to get up and exercise?

Scroll to see replies

When I see weak people crying for help I get motivated to be strong and do exercise.
Watching slim ladies jogging!... Then again I have been mega lazy this week :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
The thought of being obese

Also I'm at an increased risk of diabetes, heart disease etc due to a previous illness; so that's another rod in my back :smile:
Reply 4
It started off to prove an ex for leaving me along with making him regret etc. But I loved sweating it out and working out in the process, so it has just stuck by me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Enjoyment? I like being fit and in shape. I like working out and exercising. When you enjoy something, motivation is never really an issue.
Are all of you morning exercisers? That's the part I find toughest, choosing between sleep and exercise because a lie in always wins :s-smilie:
I find other people's progress motivating. I want to improve my fitness/health, and seeing others doing it and showing improvements keeps me going.

As for the time, I just go to the gym whenever I can. Sometimes that's just before uni, sometimes after. Sometimes in the middle of the day. I've been in the gym at 8pm because it's the only time I could go that day.
Original post by Queen Cersei
Are all of you morning exercisers? That's the part I find toughest, choosing between sleep and exercise because a lie in always wins :s-smilie:

I have been, but not always. I usually work out around 11am.
Original post by e aí rapaz
I have been, but not always. I usually work out around 11am.

Are you studying then? I would love to work out during the day but work full time.
Reply 10
seeing guys who are absolutely shredded

also when i make progress and people notice and tell me, feelsgoodman
Initially it was the moment that I realised I was so fat I had to sit down to put my socks on.

Now it's because I'm training for my first ultra marathon.

6 days a week, get up at 5.30 and at the gym by 6.45 :smile:
Are you studying then? I would love to work out during the day but work full time.

No I work freelance from home.

But anyway, sometimes I workout in the evening and sometimes early. If I was out at work all day, I probably would work out before work, yeah.

used to do 6am training once a week when I used to box. (up at 5am to eat porridge an hour before). At first I hated getting up so early but when it's 8am and you've got that endorphin rush, it really sets you up for feeling good for the whole day. :cool:
When I look at this-:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by College_Dropout
6 days a week, get up at 5.30 and at the gym by 6.45 :smile:

No I work freelance from home.

But anyway, sometimes I workout in the evening and sometimes early. If I was out at work all day, I probably would work out before work, yeah.

used to do 6am training once a week when I used to box. (up at 5am to eat porridge an hour before). At first I hated getting up so early but when it's 8am and you've got that endorphin rush, it really sets you up for feeling good for the whole day. :cool:

I am so jealous of that motivation to get up at 5am! I've always been a night person but sometimes stuff gets in the way in the evening that prevents any exercise, do you go to bed earlier by the way?
Being able to eat more junk
Reply 17
It's not about motivation really. Motivation fluctuates, which means it's unreliable, and if you rely on something unreliable, you'll fail.

I exercise because it's part of who I am. It's in my schedule. I have friends who do the same. I'm just someone who exercises.
I am so jealous of that motivation to get up at 5am! I've always been a night person but sometimes stuff gets in the way in the evening that prevents any exercise, do you go to bed earlier by the way?

Yeah, like 11pm.

I used to also work out after work for a while. Get home around 6 and work out before dinner.

If you can't get yourself motivated at ANY time of the day then you've got to question why you're even bothering to try, tbh.
Yeah, like 11pm.

I used to also work out after work for a while. Get home around 6 and work out before dinner.

If you can't get yourself motivated at ANY time of the day then you've got to question why you're even bothering to try, tbh.

Hmmm I still think it is worth trying even if I am a failure at mornings! Do you not find you have to eat before your workout though if you do it before dinner?

Quick Reply

Latest