Scroll to see replies

I punched my last boss
I am allergic to paperwork.
What company is this again...?
'whats your policy on stealing?'
I don't understand the job.
Reply 6
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1421837262.694036.jpg

"Fo'dat" becomes one word, if ya know what I mean.
In answer to the time-honoured question What is your worst fault?:

I'm something of a perfectionist.

People are tempted to say this thinking it isn't much of a fault and may even be a positive attribute. It isn't.

Perfectionists present serious problems for managers. They are incapable of knowing when a job has been completed; they waste time trying to make things better when things are already good enough; their productivity is relatively low; they irritate colleagues; the manager can never establish when a job will be finished.
Original post by Good bloke

People are tempted to say this thinking it isn't much of a fault and may even be a positive attribute. It isn't.

Perfectionists present serious problems for managers. They are incapable of knowing when a job has been completed; they waste time trying to make things better when things are already good enough; their productivity is relatively low; they irritate colleagues; the manager can never establish when a job will be finished.

When someone says that I usually just take it to mean they're not able to see their own faults. I rarely ask that question anyway, but if I had to I'd prefer someone to give me an incredibly honest answer 'I'm not very organised' or something.

How do you answer this question? :holmes: That and the 'name a time when you made a mistake' question are the worst.
Skip to next question please.
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
How do you answer this question? :holmes: That and the 'name a time when you made a mistake' question are the worst.
If I was honest my answer would be "I find it difficult to concentrate on boring, monotonous tasks"
Reply 12
Look! I brought my dog!
Original post by Puddles the Monkey

Personally I say something that used to be my weakness, and show evidence of how I worked on improving that. So for me;

'My biggest weakness was that I wasn't very organised. So I read books on being organised, watched videos, learnt exercises, which all basically boiled down to buying a planner and writing everything down, and now I'm actually hyper organised so it's become one of my strengths.'

Then if they ask again and insist on 'what's your biggest weakness now' you can say something rubbish but you've already provided them an answer and shown you can look objectively at yourself and improve (which is what that question is about).
Reply 14
The Job Centre sent me.

What is the sick entitlement?

Is your secretary a go-er?

What's with all the questions?

I won't do unpaid overtime.

Suits are for losers, dude.
Original post by Hal.E.Lujah
When someone says that I usually just take it to mean they're not able to see their own faults. I rarely ask that question anyway, but if I had to I'd prefer someone to give me an incredibly honest answer 'I'm not very organised' or something.

People think they have to appear perfect, when the truth is that everyone has faults and being able to analyse yourself is a massive advantage. The perfectionism answer is an attempt at evasion too.
**** you! And your eyebrows!

/obscurereference
Reply 17
Which one of you farted?

Are you really a manager?

When do I strip off?

Hal.E.Lujah

Let's be serious, people say this because it's a bull**** trick question deliberately designed to be almost impossible to answer.

It's anyway irrelevant since an employer doesn't need to know what is your biggest weakness or worst fault (no good in bed?) but rather whether you have important weaknesses or faults that would make you worse at doing the job. Directly asking is rarely the best way to establish that, since in the first place the candidate probably doesn't even know exactly what you're looking for, and in the second is unlikely to have a good idea of how he compares to others. It's quite unlikely those would be the candidate's worst faults since if they were the candidate probably wouldn't be interviewing for the job at all.

It says more about the person asking it than the person answering, i.e. they learned how to manage out of a paperback they found on sale at Waterstones.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by TattyBoJangles
**** you! And your eyebrows!

Hardly obscure :lol:
Original post by Observatory
Let's be serious, people say this because it's a bull**** trick question intended to be almost impossible to answer.

It says more about the person asking it than the person answering, i.e. they learned how to manage out of a paperback they found on sale at Waterstones.

It's a rubbish question I agree, but in many places it's required on interview sheets set by the company. I actually find it really does throw a spanner in the works for so many people and you get to see how they handle being uncomfortable. It's not nice sure, but if you're looking for someone who is going to be working under pressure sometimes you need to apply that pressure and see what happens.

If someone was working in a PR role for example and would probably be facing questions at some point that would make ones like that look like a doddle, then the interviewer is pretty much obliged to check they can handle them.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending