The Student Room Group
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website

Midwifery interview!

Hi,

So, after being rejected from two Unis already, I finally got an email to say I have an interview at Bangor University for Midwifery! I've never had a university interview, so any tips would be appriciated!

Thanks, Dani Ella.:smile:

Scroll to see replies

Iv had Pharmacy and Audiology interviews in the past due to gap year and change of heart of subject wanting to study; some similar questions from both interviews;

1, Why did you choose your specific ALevels / Btec - relate it to midwifery
2, Why in this case Bangor - talk about the university and the city
3, Tell us something about your self
4, Why Midwifery
5, Whats your weakness and whats your strength ( For weakness spin it around to strength e.g. I'm not good at public speaking but I have taken part in presenting the news in assemblies and feel like I have improved in speaking to a large crowd)

6, Know something recent in the news about Midwifery.
7, Whats your hobbies

8, where do you see yourself after graduation/ 10 years time

they the ones I can think of yet, Good luck on your interview :smile:

EDIT: Also I think for midwifery you might have to do an maths and english test, I think thats the case because Nurse applicants have to
(edited 9 years ago)
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website
Original post by Audiology-Med
Iv had Pharmacy and Audiology interviews in the past due to gap year and change of heart of subject wanting to study; some similar questions from both interviews;

1, Why did you choose your specific ALevels / Btec - relate it to midwifery
2, Why in this case Bangor - talk about the university and the city
3, Tell us something about your self
4, Why Midwifery
5, Whats your weakness and whats your strength ( For weakness spin it around to strength e.g. I'm not good at public speaking but I have taken part in presenting the news in assemblies and feel like I have improved in speaking to a large crowd)

6, Know something recent in the news about Midwifery.
7, Whats your hobbies

8, where do you see yourself after graduation/ 10 years time

they the ones I can think of yet, Good luck on your interview :smile:

EDIT: Also I think for midwifery you might have to do an maths and english test, I think thats the case because Nurse applicants have to

That's ace! Thank you. Any tips on what to wear? I don't want to look overly buisness-y, but I don't want to look under dressed either. My interview is months away but I want to prepare.
:-)
Original post by DaniEllaWynn1
That's ace! Thank you. Any tips on what to wear? I don't want to look overly buisness-y, but I don't want to look under dressed either. My interview is months away but I want to prepare.
:-)

I can't actually remember what girls had on in the interviews, but I got another university interview next monday so I'll let you know then, but its always good to over dress than under dress. I personally had a suit with the waistcoat on, however I never but the blazer on but replaced it with an cardigan so I look formal but not overly business like :smile:
Original post by Audiology-Med
I can't actually remember what girls had on in the interviews, but I got another university interview next monday so I'll let you know then, but its always good to over dress than under dress. I personally had a suit with the waistcoat on, however I never but the blazer on but replaced it with an cardigan so I look formal but not overly business like :smile:

Thank you so much, and good luck!😊🍀
Reply 5
I have an interview for midwifery at Bangor too! When is yours?
Original post by ShanLang
I have an interview for midwifery at Bangor too! When is yours?

Second of march!:-)
You?
Reply 7
Second of march!:-)
You?

Same!! See you there haha 🙊
Ace! Haven't a clue what to wear though, this is my first university interview!
Reply 9
Ace! Haven't a clue what to wear though, this is my first university interview!

Same, people have said wear black jeans a blouse and blazer so smart/casual sort of. Really nervous about the fact it's a group interview haha what have you been doing to prepare?
Same, people have said wear black jeans a blouse and blazer so smart/casual sort of. Really nervous about the fact it's a group interview haha what have you been doing to prepare?

Ah that's not too bad then:-)
I've just been reading up everyday about the current affairs in the NHS, because no doubt they'll ask about that.
What about you?
Also, I'm really nervous for the group tasks!:frown:
Reply 11
Ah that's not too bad then:-)
I've just been reading up everyday about the current affairs in the NHS, because no doubt they'll ask about that.
What about you?
Also, I'm really nervous for the group tasks!:frown:

Same and current affairs in general because it said "one midwifery and on non midwifery related topic". I'm so scared but excited! Is it your first choice/do you have an interview anywhere else?
Same and current affairs in general because it said "one midwifery and on non midwifery related topic". I'm so scared but excited! Is it your first choice/do you have an interview anywhere else?

Definetly! Me too.
It was my last choice actually, but the only interview I've been offered.
Edge Hill is my first choice but they haven't come back to me about anything at all yet. What about you?:-)
Reply 13
Definetly! Me too.
It was my last choice actually, but the only interview I've been offered.
Edge Hill is my first choice but they haven't come back to me about anything at all yet. What about you?:-)

I'm in exactly the same position as you haha it was my last choice but only interview, still waiting for edge hill. Where abouts are you from?
I'm in exactly the same position as you haha it was my last choice but only interview, still waiting for edge hill. Where abouts are you from?

It's a nightmare isn't it? I've been rejected from Salford and Liverpool John Moors, and Uclan but Uclan offered me sexual health studies. So that's a nope too.
I'm originally from Holyhead - about 25 miles away from Bangor haha! But I've grown up in Wigan.
What about you?
Reply 15
It's a nightmare isn't it? I've been rejected from Salford and Liverpool John Moors, and Uclan but Uclan offered me sexual health studies. So that's a nope too.
I'm originally from Holyhead - about 25 miles away from Bangor haha! But I've grown up in Wigan.
What about you?

Yes!! I got rejected from salford and John moores too! And I applied for BCU and got rejected! I'm from near wigan! Skelmersdale haha
Yes!! I got rejected from salford and John moores too! And I applied for BCU and got rejected! I'm from near wigan! Skelmersdale haha

How frustrating haha!:frown:
At least there's Bangor.
Ah no way, I have some family from Skem😊
Reply 17
How frustrating haha!:frown:
At least there's Bangor.
Ah no way, I have some family from Skem😊

I know! Pretty much pinning all my hopes on bangor now not feeling too hopeful for edge hill haha😁 aw how weird haha🙈
I know! Pretty much pinning all my hopes on bangor now not feeling too hopeful for edge hill haha😁 aw how weird haha🙈

Same really, I don't want to move there though! Too much hassle/too far.
I really wish Edge Hill would reply, but my PT at college said none of her midwifery applicants have heard back off them yet.
What college are you studying at?😊
Reply 19
Same really, I don't want to move there though! Too much hassle/too far.
I really wish Edge Hill would reply, but my PT at college said none of her midwifery applicants have heard back off them yet.
What college are you studying at?😊

Hi girls ! Try not to stress Edge hill took 6 months to get back to some of us ! Were nurses at Edge hill starting this April. It wasn't long before we knew we had interview's but after interview some of us waited from 6 weeks to 6 months !
Good luck

Quick Reply

Latest