The Student Room Group

Need to break up with Boyfriend but his Birthday is soon

Scroll to see replies

Just break up with him now! What has the 28th got to do with it? If you were saying his birthday is tomorrow then I would kind of understand...

What makes you think his birthday will be awful? He may have an even better time now that he's newly single, you never know! It really does not matter either way, breaking up with him as soon as you know it is the right time is the best thing to do.

Get on with it already!
Original post by Zarek
I would go for now as post break up he will reflect you were being hypocritical celebrating with him and feel even more bitter. An ex of mine gave me an Xmas present with a label saying 'love always' on the evening she dumped me. Wtf..

Okay that's weird, yeah I wouldn't do that that's just nasty:/

It's just that we already broke up, something happened which was out of our control and when it happened we straight away broke up without saying we broke up, he still likes me I still like him, it's kinda his fault why we broke up though. Kind of...

So we know we're not together BUT we still meet each-other, kiss,etc...

So when I officially tell him it's over, he'll understand, he won't think i'm being hypocritial or anything but it'll still hurt him.

So I don't want to give him a crappy birthday memory and making him feel like **** on his Birthday BUT after what happened,I do need to stop seeing him.. really I shouldn't be seeing him at all but I like him so hey ho.
There's no better time than now.

If that's what you wanna do then do it
Original post by Expired Potato
There's no better time than now.

If that's what you wanna do then do it

Okay
Reply 24
Original post by Anonymous
Okay that's weird, yeah I wouldn't do that that's just nasty:/

It's just that we already broke up, something happened which was out of our control and when it happened we straight away broke up without saying we broke up, he still likes me I still like him, it's kinda his fault why we broke up though. Kind of...

So when I officially tell him it's over, he'll understand, he won't think i'm being hypocritial or anything but it'll still hurt him.

So I don't want to give him a crappy birthday memory and making him feel like **** on his Birthday BUT after what happened,I do need to stop seeing him.. really I shouldn't be seeing him at all but I like him so hey ho.

Fine, have a birthday piss up and bonkathon to end it on a high.
Original post by Zarek
I would go for now as post break up he will reflect you were being hypocritical celebrating with him and feel even more bitter. An ex of mine gave me an Xmas present with a label saying 'love always' on the evening she dumped me. Wtf..

Thiiiiiiiiis 1000%. Do it BEFORE his birthday!

(Zarek, dat ex though)
Reply 26
Then break up ASAP! Like you said the relationship cannot be repaired
I need to break up officially with my Boyfriend. BUT his Brithday is on the 28th..

What should I do? Break up now a week before or let him enjoy his Birthday and break up one/two weeks after?

And I don't need advice on whether to break up or not, he'll understand why it's kinda happened already but I need to officially do it & now have anything to do with him ASAP .. BUT I want to do it at a appropriate time, because officially breakup will still hurt his feelings and give him a memory of a crappy birthday ..

Break up with him before his birthday, because evidently you dont deserve to be at his party.
Disagreed with the above, with breaking up now... Id break up with him after his birthday, and not before... I mean this way, he's probably not going to enjoy his birthday because he'll be so down.
Original post by Another

(Zarek, dat ex though)

I guess it depends on the guy....

"love always" would make me feel pretty upset tbh, but tbh, Id rather her be at the party.... To show she at very least cared to make it for the birthday
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 30
Original post by Another

(Zarek, dat ex though)

Thanks for the support. Yes, I was a touch ****ed up by it at the time. But one lives and learns..
I'd say wait until his next birthday comes up. Then we'll be in a better position to advise you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by The_Internet
Disagreed with the above, with breaking up now... Id break up with him after his birthday, and not before... I mean this way, he's probably not going to enjoy his birthday because he'll be so down.

This is what I'm thinking!!!! We both still liek each-other aswell -_-

Original post by JamesNeedHelp2
Break up with him before his birthday, because evidently you dont deserve to be at his party.

I still like him, if I didn't still like him then no I don't deserve to be at the Birthday Party :smile:
Going quote myself this is the situation:

"It's just that we already broke up, something happened which was out of our control and when it happened we straight away broke up without saying we broke up, he still likes me I still like him, it's kinda his fault why we broke up though. Kind of...

So I don't want to give him a crappy birthday memory and making him feel like **** on his Birthday BUT after what happened,I do need to stop seeing him.. really I shouldn't be seeing him at all but I like him so hey ho. "
Original post by Edo123
I'd say wait until his next birthday comes up. Then we'll be in a better position to advise you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Edo123

Posted from TSR Mobile

lol..no.
Original post by Ndella
Then break up ASAP! Like you said the relationship cannot be repaired

Original post by Foo.mp3
Do it immediately

Kay

Btw Foo? U won't remember but there was another thread I made where everyone was telling me 'yes' and u were the only one saying 'no'... and guess what I shoulda listened to u -_-
Reply 33
1). Buy Kit Kat chunky.
2). Break it in half
3). Wrap it whole.
4). Put a note on the outside which reads "Like our relationship".
5). Gift.
Original post by A5ko
1). Buy Kit Kat chunky.
2). Break it in half
3). Wrap it whole.
4). Put a note on the outside which reads "Like our relationship".
5). Gift.

Could you imagine of someone did that though
This is what I'm thinking!!!! We both still liek each-other aswell -_-

I still like him, if I didn't still like him then no I don't deserve to be at the Birthday Party :smile:
Going quote myself this is the situation:

"It's just that we already broke up, something happened which was out of our control and when it happened we straight away broke up without saying we broke up, he still likes me I still like him, it's kinda his fault why we broke up though. Kind of...

So I don't want to give him a crappy birthday memory and making him feel like **** on his Birthday BUT after what happened,I do need to stop seeing him.. really I shouldn't be seeing him at all but I like him so hey ho. "

lol..no.

Kay

Btw Foo? U won't remember but there was another thread I made where everyone was telling me 'yes' and u were the only one saying 'no'... and guess what I shoulda listened to u -_-

What actually happened? Did he cheat on you or something? If you've been sort of broken up for almost a month it can't have been that bad, and why the sudden urgency? If you can stay friends after it doesn't matter too much
Reply 36
Could you imagine of someone did that though

Yes.

My heart still aches.
Original post by beckaroo7
What actually happened? Did he cheat on you or something? If you've been sort of broken up for almost a month it can't have been that bad, and why the sudden urgency? If you can stay friends after it doesn't matter too much

He didn't cheat he didn't do anything someone else close to him did something to me and it caused us to break up...

I like him, he likes me and kinda is asking me out again but really I know I need to leave after that..

We could stay friends yeah..

If he cheated there is NO way I would go back to him, relationship and contact would be OVER, no matter how much I liked him
He didn't cheat he didn't do anything someone else close to him did something to me and it caused us to break up...

I like him, he likes me and kinda is asking me out again but really I know I need to leave after that..

We could stay friends yeah..

If he cheated there is NO way I would go back to him, relationship and contact would be OVER, no matter how much I liked him

Why do you need to break up with him based on what someone else did? Not to be really nosey but finding it difficult to understand why you need to break up with him. It sounds like you want to be together and everything is fine otherwise.

That might just be how I'm reading it though, I obviously don't have all the information and understanding of the situation you do
Original post by beckaroo7
Why do you need to break up with him based on what someone else did? Not to be really nosey but finding it difficult to understand why you need to break up with him. It sounds like you want to be together and everything is fine otherwise.

That might just be how I'm reading it though, I obviously don't have all the information and understanding of the situation you do

I like him.... but he's in the wrong crowd... basically and i'm so 'innocent' ( Virgin, never drank, smoke,etc). I knew he was right from the start, him talking about him shotting ( drug dealing), about his friends got stabbed in a party he was at, he talks 'street' but it's mainly the drugs and he can be abit 'rough' if people don't give him money that they own him ( I know he wouldn't be rought with me though) ... I ignored it at first, then one day we went to his sister's friend flat they all start taking drugs, he said he got a grand of weed and basically after they all took the drugs the girls started going crazy on me and beat me up badly... also these three boys who knew the girls started to stab him... I didn't really speak to him for a week after that because he knew I'm not that type of person so he shouldn't have took me round there

Idk I still see him but I'm just wondering if i'm with him I coudl get into that situation again

My mum has been telling me not to talk to him but because I like him I've been secretly meeting up with him :frown:

Ehhh, I personally do not want to get mixed up into the durgs croud though, also idk you would have to meet him and his friends they're 'street' only way to put it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending