The Student Room Group

Do you plan to get married in the future?

Scroll to see replies

Maybe once gay marriage becomes normalised. It's still a bit new to be rushing into that.
After graduating uni, getting my own place and having fully transitioned (gender reassignment), then I will be happy to settle down with someone and consider marriage. :smile:
Original post by loloway
The financial consequence of a divorce scares the **** out of me. If I was to marry someone, I would need to know her for 3 years before I make her my gf then another 3-4 years before we get married. Girls seem to change their mind a lot in this day and age and I believe it's important not to fall for her beauty instantly.

This. Seen what it did to my dad, I'm not entirely sure unconditional love exists once sex/lust is involved.

Original post by Anonymous
In the three years it takes you to decide to make her your girlfriend, she would have probably married someone else in that time!

I doubt you will be responding to my later post 'my wife of 20 years cheated on me, seized custody of my kids and now I have to live with my nan and work 60 hours a week to pay for their education and my apartment while my wife poisons my daughter against me so if I do any less than be my ex's lapdog in the courts she will become my estranged daughter'

just ask my dad.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 23
Original post by Queen Cersei
How does TSR feel about marriage?

Do you know you definitely plan to get married? Or would you rather live with someone as a partner than a husband/wife?

Queen Cersei, If I tell you I am Jaime Lannister, Would you marry me? :biggrin:
I want to get married one day. But I'm too young to think about that now.
No. It's a stupid idea unless you are religious which is also a stupid idea.
Original post by CharlesDickens
Definitely..I´m 21 an now two years with my girlfriend. We plan to marry but in 5 or 6 years since I want to finish university first and get a job.
For me , it would be weird to live with a woman 30,40 or more years without sharing the same last name.

What if your potential wife wants to marry you but keep her name? :colone:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Helenia
What if your potential wife wants to marry you but keep her name? :colone:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha nice try , but we already came to terms :aetsch:
I want to get married but I don't think I'll be happily married if I do though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Raysorb
Queen Cersei, If I tell you I am Jaime Lannister, Would you marry me? :biggrin:

I'm afraid it's only Kings that I can marry!
Reply 30
Original post by Queen Cersei
I'm afraid it's only Kings that I can marry!

Then be prepared to marry HODOR cause he's the king the iron throne deserve!

HODOR HODOR HODOR

HODOR4LYF
I don't know, perhaps. Maybe. Probably. I want kids so I suppose marriage is a formal prerequisite.

I want to travel, explore and make a ****load of money first.
Reply 32
I want to but I have to figure out how to be alone for the most part of it. I love being alone.
Original post by MinionMogul
This. Seen what it did to my dad, I'm not entirely sure unconditional love exists once sex/lust is involved.

That's right blame the man, bet you won't be responding to his later post 'my wife of 20 years cheated on me, seized custody of my kids and now I have to live with my nan and work 60 hours a week to pay for their education and my apartment while my wife poisons my daughter against me so if I do any less than be my ex's lapdog in the courts she will become my estranged daughter'

just ask my dad.

after seeing what it did your dad unfortunately, you shouldn't even consider getting into marriage.
Reply 34
As I am a hundred percent atheist, I don't agree with any kinds of marriage. People are not things, you cannot own anyone. Marriage is "owning someone legally".
(edited 9 years ago)
I'm Bachelor. :smile:
If i found the right person then yes id get married.
Definitely plan on getting married and having the archetypal dream wedding.
Original post by Casiolynn
That was literally me a few years ago :biggrin:

Wait until you meet someone who'll turn your world upside down :rolleyes:

I already have over the past few months.. She's so difficult to stay away from. Never met anyone like her and I'm mid-twenties.

Timing could not be worse as work / studying saps all of my days. Awesome!
Reply 39
I'd definitely like to get married, but it'll depend on whether I meet the (or a) right someone.

Until then, I guess I'll keep waiting.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending