The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

What do you guys perceive as the more prestigious firm between Lazard and Rothschild ?
hey guys, anyone know what to expect from Lazard's AC, ie competency vs technical?
Also if anyone has already done it, how long are both ints? thanks
Original post by sharkystud
What do you guys perceive as the more prestigious firm between Lazard and Rothschild ?

Lazard
Original post by Purple_fox
MS second rounds in a bit, nervous! :biggrin:

I will say good luck, but we all know you don't need it, you'll be fine! :biggrin:

Very much depends what you want. Lazard is closer to a pure boutique. Really strong in advisory
Roth is quite a but better and will probably have a better spring week.
I think if you want to work for a boutique, though. The beauty is in the size; smaller the better (above a certain level, obviously)
http://www.vault.com/company-rankings/banking/vault-banking-50/?dpfl=true&__utma=157191919.453551510.1378430975.1419526980.1421850252.32&__utmb=157191919.12.8.1421850268031&__utmc=157191919&__utmx=-&__utmz=157191919.1419526980.31.9.utmcsr=google|utmccn=(organic)|utmcmd=organic|utmctr=(not%20provided)&__utmv=-&__utmk=142300146

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have an invitation for an interview with GS Operations. Issue is that they never stated the dates during the application, and because it's a 2 week programme it clashes with a new term at my university. Pretty annoying!

Can argue this all day, very close between them. Historically, Rothschild has had more deal flow in Europe, it has just been the last 2 years that Lazard has pinched Rothschild to it.

It is the opposite story in the US, Lazard has dominated Rothschild for quite some time there, and still continues to do so.
Original post by mlee444
Anyone hear from GS GIR? Also, I sent in my application for Nomura in early dec, but still havent heard anything from them. Does it mean I got rejected by Nomura already? Cheers!

Same sitch. My application for Nomura has been under review for 6 weeks... Really tempted to ring them and ask them what's up.
How to land a role at an Investment Bank:

So why Banking?

Because there's huge base salary, and potential for bonus to make me work harder and harder. Also I can wear fancy suits and have hot girlfriend.

Tell me about a time when you worked in a team?

Team deathmatch on Standoff, supported my team by getting enough kills for counter-UAV

What's your biggest strength?

Can bench press 160kg

What's your biggest weakness?

My inability to lose money
Original post by Aussie Dude ._.
Same sitch. My application for Nomura has been under review for 6 weeks... Really tempted to ring them and ask them what's up.

Mines been In Progress/Under Review for about 3 months :K:
Icap offer
Original post by Drossell
Icap offer

Congratulations! :biggrin:

Well deserved!
Original post by Abdul-Karim
Mines been In Progress/Under Review for about 3 months :K:

......... What.... The .... Hell. I couldn't wait three months I would kill someone... I will ring them up next week if I don't hear anything.
Original post by Abdul-Karim
Congratulations! :biggrin:

Well deserved!

Cheers!
......... What.... The .... Hell. I couldn't wait three months I would kill someone... I will ring them up next week if I don't hear anything.

I just tend not to think about it, until I hear a response.
Anyone else got an email from Barclays saying 'Your application is currently under review'. Good sign, bad sign?
(edited 9 years ago)
Okay, on the 10th minute he said Í am cutting this interview short, see you in April' :biggrin:

rotsh just turned 4 months for me :angry:
Okay, on the 10th minute he said Í am cutting this interview short, see you in April' :biggrin:

in all seriousness, do you possess immense tech knowledge or something? what extra currics do you have lol?

The only struggle you'll have is deciding which ones to reject! Well done!

Latest