The Student Room Group

Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2015!!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by henrysaunders1
So annoying! Any guesses as to what will happen?

I received that too! So frustrating, especially since the application form isn't exactly short!! Hopefully the questions will be the same / similar on the Cooley application so that you can just transfer your application there instead?
Olswang assessment centre :smile:
Original post by ChoccyWoccy
Offer Macfarlanes :smile:

Is that for the Easter vac scheme? You might see me :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1463
Original post by TrainingChopeful
Invite to Kennedys telephone discussion/interview! Has anyone else complete one or have any tips?

Last year it was quite a casual convo with them picking stuff out from your application if something was unclear and asking more about it to get to know you. Prepare for the usual 'why law' questions too. Might be different this year though cos the graduate recruiter has changed. I'm hoping to try and get my app in before the deadline!
Original post by TLA1993
I received that too! So frustrating, especially since the application form isn't exactly short!! Hopefully the questions will be the same / similar on the Cooley application so that you can just transfer your application there instead?

I'm hoping they will split up out applications between Cooley and Locke Lord, or give us the opportunity to redirect our applications to one of the firms. I spent so long on that application as I'm sure you did!
Original post by ap28
Last year it was quite a casual convo with them picking stuff out from your application if something was unclear and asking more about it to get to know you. Prepare for the usual 'why law' questions too. Might be different this year though cos the graduate recruiter has changed. I'm hoping to try and get my app in before the deadline!

That's really helpful thank you :smile: it's only 15 mins so I was wondering what they can ask in that space of time. Good luck for your application!
Has anyone done a CC AC yet who can give advice or tips as to what to expect?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1467
Original post by footchemllab
Olswang assessment centre :smile:

Do you mind telling me when you applied and heard about the next round? Thanks!
Original post by Cp778
Do you mind telling me when you applied and heard about the next round? Thanks!

Hey! So I applied on 8th of Jan. I was invited to a phone interview on 14th of Jan. I had my phone interview yesterday and they emailed me today to invite me to an AC in 2 weeks. Hope that helps :smile:
Reply 1469
Original post by footchemllab
Hey! So I applied on 8th of Jan. I was invited to a phone interview on 14th of Jan. I had my phone interview yesterday and they emailed me today to invite me to an AC in 2 weeks. Hope that helps :smile:

That's so helpful! Thanks :smile: and good luck for the AC!!
Reply 1470
Anyone done the Kirkland & Ellis AC yet?
Reply 1471
Has anyone heard back from freshfields after an interview? and how long did it take them to let you know the outcome?
Exams are finally over, time to start preparing for interviews! :eek:
Reply 1473
Original post by TLA1993

I also got this email as well. So EWP is now LLE but Sarah the Grad Rec officer has moved to Cooley. So not sure why they are talking about Cooley in the email?
Anyone heard from Osborne Clarke?
Original post by d_aan
I also got this email as well. So EWP is now LLE but Sarah the Grad Rec officer has moved to Cooley. So not sure why they are talking about Cooley in the email?

It did say "much of Edwards Wildman (London) has been acquired by Cooley", so I assume their thinking was that anyone who applied to EWP would be more interested in transferring their application to Cooley than to LLE (if LLE even have openings for trainees currently)...? But who really knows!!
Reply 1476
Original post by TLA1993
It did say "much of Edwards Wildman (London) has been acquired by Cooley", so I assume their thinking was that anyone who applied to EWP would be more interested in transferring their application to Cooley than to LLE (if LLE even have openings for trainees currently)...? But who really knows!!

TLA, what are you planning to do? just submit an app to Cooley?
Original post by d_aan
TLA, what are you planning to do? just submit an app to Cooley?

I think so, yes! I'm considering changing my app from being for a vacation scheme to just being for their 2016 training contracts though because I would qualify for that - not too sure, but I guess I have time to decide since it's not open yet! What are you thinking of doing? :smile:
Original post by ChoccyWoccy
Vac scheme offer from Shearman - over the moon :smile:

Congrats :biggrin: !! Is this for the spring vac scheme?
Original post by DonnieCA
Anyone heard from Osborne Clarke?

Nope not yet!!! Fingers crossed

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending