The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by welcometoib
what degree do you do?

Business Administration. She has asked me about it and I had to point out (since it was her question) that I haven't had any finance relevant courses yet...
Original post by Cidric
Anybody else got a mail from UBS? Do you only have to respond with which one of the four roles you want to shadow?

It seems, i'm a bit confused.
Is your list:
Group Technology
· Operations
· HR
· COO
Also could anyone give me an idea of what COO is? (this is for the UBS spring week)
Original post by BumbleB33
Is your list:
Group Technology
· Operations
· HR
· COO

Ive missed to email them back. :/ Send them another email saying that I missed it and that i was interested in HR. Anyone else with that problem?
haven't heard back from them since
GS Interview for GIR. Dates are 7th to 17th of April if anyone's interested.
I had my GS interview and I must admit I didn't get my interviewer's name (in defense: had a phone interview and the telephone line was terrible). :-( Any ideas how to get the name afterwards? I've asked two times.. was too embarrassed to ask a third time. :-D
Reply 5626
Is your list:
Group Technology
· Operations
· HR
· COO
Yes
Regarding your second question, I think it's chief operating officer
Original post by Londongirl1995
I had my GS interview and I must admit I didn't get my interviewer's name (in defense: had a phone interview and the telephone line was terrible). :-( Any ideas how to get the name afterwards? I've asked two times.. was too embarrassed to ask a third time. :-D

Did you get at least his/her first name ? In that case you could google the first name with " Goldman Sachs London " on your search.
And it is maybe a stupid question but what do you write in a follow-up email ? :smile:
Anyone heard post final round with MS with either offer or rejection?
Just had my GS interview for IBD. Be prepared to be asked technical questions and to respond in another language (if you have a second/third language). It said competency based...not a single question.:biggrin:

Interesting. I put English French German and Italian on my form...
I just love how in the invitation e-mails they say competency-based and then they ask you about the mass of the sun or something
Original post by Purple_fox
I just love how in the invitation e-mails they say competency-based and then they ask you about the mass of the sun or something

haha that quote has to be saved somewhere
Original post by JackR7821
Interesting. I put English French German and Italian on my form...

I had (obviously) english, german, french, russian and spanish. Russian was picked. :smile:
Original post by Purple_fox

same thought! :biggrin:
Original post by Lilou1211
Did you get at least his/her first name ? In that case you could google the first name with " Goldman Sachs London " on your search.
And it is maybe a stupid question but what do you write in a follow-up email ? :smile:

Unfortunately NO. :biggrin: I know its sooo embarrassing.. :frown:
I wanted to just thank her for the interview, but then again... an email won't have a huge impact. :biggrin: I just hope (if I was succesful which i doubt) others won't ask me who my former interviewer was. :biggrin:
I had (obviously) english, german, french, russian and spanish. Russian was picked. :smile:

Just checked. I put Chinese as well. I assume they will look at what I actually wrote - Italian and Chinese are just 'conversational' and I put them because the option was there, whereas the other 3 are 'fluent' or native. Thing is, whose definition of 'fluent' do they go by?!

I would rather not be asked how to carry out LBOs in French... Wouldn't be the easiest of tasks.
Also could anyone give me an idea of what COO is? (this is for the UBS spring week)

Chief Operating Officer.
Original post by Cidric
Where can you find the dates for the spring weeks? Do some banks have the spring week in March, or do all banks have them in April?

A few have some late march.
Original post by Abdul-Karim
Chief Operating Officer.

Think he/she/it meant what they do. I checked when I received that email and I think it is kinda like operations, but not in the IB sense of settling trades etc... more like improving the business and how it is run. People complain about boring days at work? They hire strippers... People say the food is boring in the Cafeteria, they import 1,000 indians to cook curry on a daily.

I could be completely wrong...

But yea :/
Original post by JackR7821
Just checked. I put Chinese as well. I assume they will look at what I actually wrote - Italian and Chinese are just 'conversational' and I put them because the option was there, whereas the other 3 are 'fluent' or native. Thing is, whose definition of 'fluent' do they go by?!

I would rather not be asked how to carry out LBOs in French... Wouldn't be the easiest of tasks.

Truth is, she gave me the choice to either answer in english or russian. I guess it wasn't good since I've answered mainly in english. I was just too shy and too uncertain about some technical terms... I mean, of course i can speak russian, but its a (at least for me) huge difference between actually talking to someone or giving technical answers. :biggrin:

Latest