The Student Room Group

Help me improve!! Romeo and Juliet essay on emotion

I'm not sure what the exact question it is but from what the teacher said, she gave us a hint that it's on emotion. So help me somehow on how to get an A, anything would be so useful.

Last time, I was doing Of Mice and Men Coursework , and unfortunately after all my revision,tutors, time and effort, I received a C. :confused::mad: But I'm re doing it sooner or later.
But can you turn a C Grade to an A? Quickly as well, along with other subjects.
Yes you could definitely turn a C to an A but that will obviously require effort. I did Omam and R and J last year so i doubt i will be of any help here. Anyway hope you find someone that would help you and advise you on your controlled assessment.

Good luck.:smile:
Reply 2
Original post by German123
Yes you could definitely turn a C to an A but that will obviously require effort. I did Omam and R and J last year so i doubt i will be of any help here. Anyway hope you find someone that would help you and advise you on your controlled assessment.

Good luck.:smile:

Thank you but I tried really hard last time, I spent months and spent my whole time solely focusing on that one piece but I got a C, even though I had an amazing tutor that got my brother a B and my other an A, I think.
I'm just confused at how I got a C with all my time working. I even asked my teacher how to get an A but she laughed at my face, saying I won't get one. She clearly foresaw that, and for some reason my grades are becoming worse and worse ever since then, even though I'm inputting a lot of my energy and time. I've got a planner, I've got all the revision guides but nothing is really helping and I'm not sure why? So any advice, even just basic things, would help a lot. I have even printed out past papers and I mean a mass amount, but I've not seem to get the time to actually do them and half the time I try and do them, I forget everything?
Original post by Magical
Thank you but I tried really hard last time, I spent months and spent my whole time solely focusing on that one piece but I got a C, even though I had an amazing tutor that got my brother a B and my other an A, I think.
I'm just confused at how I got a C with all my time working. I even asked my teacher how to get an A but she laughed at my face, saying I won't get one. She clearly foresaw that, and for some reason my grades are becoming worse and worse ever since then, even though I'm inputting a lot of my energy and time. I've got a planner, I've got all the revision guides but nothing is really helping and I'm not sure why? So any advice, even just basic things, would help a lot. I have even printed out past papers and I mean a mass amount, but I've not seem to get the time to actually do them and half the time I try and do them, I forget everything?

Your situation kind of reminds me of how i was feeling last year(year 11) as i constantly struggled to keep on top of my work due to lack of organisation etc but in the end managed to somehow cope. My GCSE exams were not as bad as i thought and even before that i bet some of my teachers(perhaps 2) must have though that i will not get anything higher than a D. I mus say i proved both of them wrong. Teachers these(not all of them though) days will say a lot of nasty stuff to discourage theirs students which is not right but at the same time they are trying to be honest. Anyway i think that anyone is capable of an A grade regardless of ability because practice makes perfect for example "you are bad at maths because you have not studied and you cant write a story because you have never written one before".
I know it must be hard but no matter what people or teachers tell you, you should not take it to heart and just try your best to prove them wrong on results day. Seriously revision is never a waste and hard work always pays off. We all need a break but it seems like life is full of exams and that is why things like flash cards, revision timetables may help you. Everybody is different so you should adopt to your style. Also if you need any help with anything like lets say maths you could give anyone here a shout(even me) and i am sure someone would try and help.

And last but not least....
You should remember that:
"Winners are too busy to be sad, too positive to be doubtful, too optimistic to be fearful and too determined to be defeated"

Edit: Most of all take every bit of help you are given at school and outside of school for example attend boosters for stuff like science and maths as boosters are never a waste.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Magical
I'm not sure what the exact question it is but from what the teacher said, she gave us a hint that it's on emotion. So help me somehow on how to get an A, anything would be so useful.

Last time, I was doing Of Mice and Men Coursework , and unfortunately after all my revision,tutors, time and effort, I received a C. :confused::mad: But I'm re doing it sooner or later.
But can you turn a C Grade to an A? Quickly as well, along with other subjects.

I forgot to mention that there is this English teacher called Mr Bruff and he makes youtube videos based on of mice and men and other stuff as well as exam technique for English language and literature etc so you should check that out as he may have some stuff on Romeo and Juliet.
Reply 5
Original post by German123
I forgot to mention that there is this English teacher called Mr Bruff and he makes youtube videos based on of mice and men and other stuff as well as exam technique for English language and literature etc so you should check that out as he may have some stuff on Romeo and Juliet.

Thankyou!
Honestly though,I'm still struggling. I just want to be in Year Seven once more, I don't know how to keep track of time if I come from basically school to other place and then to home at about 8 but then I have to eat tea and well I'm slow so 9 and then I'm exhausted and homework takes whatever energy I have left.

Quick Reply