The Student Room Group

Economics applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by louisjones
Yeah that's what they offered me!
Although it's attainable, it won't motivate me as much to go for the 3 A*'s 😞
Where abouts in Wales you living?

Yeh I feel the same aha but still aiming for the 3A*s 😁 & South Wales , wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Would it be a bad idea for me to firm Bristol (econ+econometrics) instead of Warwick (econ) or UCL (econ+stats)? I'm planning on going to grad school so the job prospects of the school doesn't really matter to me but I'm wondering how it might affect getting into a top tier grad school (Yale, Harvard, UC Berkeley, Oxbridge, LSE, etc.). Also, (on average) how large are classes at Bristol, UCL, Warwick, and Nottingham? Are the professors approachable?
I'm a US applicant so I'm not familiar with the UK uni system, so sorry if these questions seem obvious.
btw I've gotten offers from bristol, nottingham, & warwick so far. just waiting on UCL so I guess it's not even an option for me yet lol
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by H0PEL3SS
I wouldn't think so.
I have an offer for it, but I would have thought that it would have been more competitive if anything, although it could just be that Bristol have lower entry criteria for these smaller courses (w/ econmetrics, management, finance etc) to incentivise high achieving students to apply there.

Could be, depends from uni to uni really. But I'd guess more often it is slightly easier
Hi. I am an international applicant and I havent been updated by LSE after the 2 week mail and its already been 16 days since I received it. Should I be worried?
Invitation for economics open day at UCL! Anyone else going on 4th Feb?
Hey guys, I'm new at this so I may make a couple mistakes in my first post, people seem to start by stating their grades, their uni choices and offers pending and received

For GCSE's I got 6 A*'s, 2 A's 1 B and 1 C (French, hated that subject beyond belief)
For AS levels I received AAAAB (Further Maths, Maths, Physics, Economics and the B in Hist)
For A2 levels I received A*A*A (The A being in physics)

Average module score for A2 Maths = 92
Average module score for A2 Economics = 93
Average module score for A2 Physics = 85 (around this number, can't find my exact UMS scores at this moment).

I have applied for Economics at Warwick, Cambridge, Bath, Bristol and Durham. At the moment I have an unconditional offer from Bath, Bristol and Durham, I had an interview at Cambridge however my application was unsuccessful in the end. The only university I'm waiting on is Warwick. I was rejected from Warwick last year (which I was quite disappointed with). However I'm starting to get really nervous because the course at Warwick looks fantastic and the reputation for being great at Economics is great also. However I know they take a very long time to make their mind. Last year when I was rejected I believe it was in late March or early April...
Original post by G.Hailstone

I'm still waiting :s-smilie: Anyway well done, I think an invitation to the open day day is basically an offer, they just want you to attend in order to receive it. Btw when did you send off your application?

Yeah, I got an unconditional offer for Econ with a year abroad from UCL this morning too, open day 4th Feb! Are you straight Economics?
Has anyone that applied to both L100 & L101 UCL heard anything yet?
Original post by abccba120
Yeh I feel the same aha but still aiming for the 3A*s 😁 & South Wales , wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Llandudno in North Wales! 😊
Original post by Wahrheit
Yeah, I got an unconditional offer for Econ with a year abroad from UCL this morning too, open day 4th Feb! Are you straight Economics?

Have you already done your A levels, like on a gap year? Yeah I'm straight economics L100
Original post by abccba120
I'm still waiting :s-smilie: Anyway well done, I think an invitation to the open day day is basically an offer, they just want you to attend in order to receive it. Btw when did you send off your application?

Don't worry you'll hear soon I'm sure. Yeah I think so too.. I sent it off around 17th October I think
Don't worry you'll hear soon I'm sure. Yeah I think so too.. I sent it off around 17th October I think

Hope so :biggrin: , I added UCL in early December so not expecting anything for a while
Original post by Johnpeters
Has anyone that applied to both L100 & L101 UCL heard anything yet?

Me neither, applied to both on 6th October, heard nothing.
Have you already done your A levels, like on a gap year? Yeah I'm straight economics L100

Yeah I completed my A levels in 2012 and spent two years at Warwick doing Maths :smile:
Original post by Paddy444
Hey guys, I'm new at this so I may make a couple mistakes in my first post, people seem to start by stating their grades, their uni choices and offers pending and received

For GCSE's I got 6 A*'s, 2 A's 1 B and 1 C (French, hated that subject beyond belief)
For AS levels I received AAAAB (Further Maths, Maths, Physics, Economics and the B in Hist)
For A2 levels I received A*A*A (The A being in physics)

Average module score for A2 Maths = 92
Average module score for A2 Economics = 93
Average module score for A2 Physics = 85 (around this number, can't find my exact UMS scores at this moment).

I have applied for Economics at Warwick, Cambridge, Bath, Bristol and Durham. At the moment I have an unconditional offer from Bath, Bristol and Durham, I had an interview at Cambridge however my application was unsuccessful in the end. The only university I'm waiting on is Warwick. I was rejected from Warwick last year (which I was quite disappointed with). However I'm starting to get really nervous because the course at Warwick looks fantastic and the reputation for being great at Economics is great also. However I know they take a very long time to make their mind. Last year when I was rejected I believe it was in late March or early April...

Congrats on your current offers, how come Warwick rejected you last year?? Quite surprising considering your A level success.
A*AA offer from Bath!
Original post by AyushU
A*AA offer from Bath!

Congratulations! You going to firm/insurance it?
Original post by mayowapops
Any one got offers from Loughborough or Sheffield

Yeah, got an offer from Sheffield for AAB
Got an offer for ucl econ w/year abroad this morning! Anyone else?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending