The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5640
Original post by Abdul-Karim
A few have some late march.

Do you know wich ones? And late March, is that like the 20th, or the 30th?
Original post by Londongirl1995
Truth is, she gave me the choice to either answer in english or russian. I guess it wasn't good since I've answered mainly in english. I was just too shy and too uncertain about some technical terms... I mean, of course i can speak russian, but its a (at least for me) huge difference between actually talking to someone or giving technical answers. :biggrin:

Oh so English isn't your first? Or are you bilingual? English is my only native language so hopefully they take that into account before blasting me with German technicals lol...
Original post by cem101
interview people with GS have been put into a call with GS alumni from spring week. I don't know Im confused.

Same here never heard about that
Guys need some advice

BAML or UBS spring week

Got until Friday to make a decision.
Original post by Cidric

I know that MS do a week commencing 23rd of March.
Original post by JackR7821
Oh so English isn't your first? Or are you bilingual? English is my only native language so hopefully they take that into account before blasting me with German technicals lol...

No, German is my first language (thats why i doubted being asked to answer in another language) :biggrin:
Yes, hopefully, wish you good luck! :smile:
Original post by Razina17
Guys need some advice

BAML or UBS spring week

If you can't switch BAML to summer. Then do baml

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5647
Do anyone know the dates for Lazard's spring week?
BAML. UBS is 1. not a tier 1 bank in IBD anymore, dealflow is weak, they are in the league tables only at rank 10 and BAML is 4th. Regarding S&T: UBS will be cutting more and more jobs there as they have pressure from the Swiss gov (who bailed them out with a few billions) to reduce S&T.

Guys need some advice

BAML or UBS spring week

Reply 5649
Original post by Emily941
Ive missed to email them back. :/ Send them another email saying that I missed it and that i was interested in HR. Anyone else with that problem?
haven't heard back from them since

I never received an email from UBS about that, I have actually not heard from them since submitting the online assessments, does this mean I have been rejected?
Original post by JackR7821
Think he/she/it meant what they do. I checked when I received that email and I think it is kinda like operations, but not in the IB sense of settling trades etc... more like improving the business and how it is run. People complain about boring days at work? They hire strippers... People say the food is boring in the Cafeteria, they import 1,000 indians to cook curry on a daily.

I could be completely wrong...

But yea :/

Thanks, makes a lot more sense. Decided to go for normal operations :smile:
Original post by Aenigma
If you can't switch BAML to summer. Then do baml

Posted from TSR Mobile

Can I do that?
Original post by paradeplatz
BAML. UBS is 1. not a tier 1 bank in IBD anymore, dealflow is weak, they are in the league tables only at rank 10 and BAML is 4th. Regarding S&T: UBS will be cutting more and more jobs there as they have pressure from the Swiss gov (who bailed them out with a few billions) to reduce S&T.

Thats a very good reason
What is this about receiving an email from UBS about which division you want to shadow in??

I had a telephone interview with them yesterday and I haven't received this email?!? Rejection?
Original post by Cidric

CS / MS are some examples that I know. Like 23rd some 28th. I don't know exactly, you might have to go back through to check the dates others have confirmed.

Guys need some advice

BAML or UBS spring week

As previously suggested try and move BAML to summer. If it comes down to the two, obvs you want the BB, unless you have personal ulterior motives.
Original post by Abdul-Karim

As previously suggested try and move BAML to summer. If it comes down to the two, obvs you want the BB, unless you have personal ulterior motives.

What are the dates for BAML summer?
Guys, I did try to move my BAML to summer and they said you have to apply all over again. You can't just switch it :biggrin: (do we want that much?? :frown: )
Guys need some advice

BAML or UBS spring week

you got your ubs offer after two days?!
What are the dates for BAML summer?

No clue

Original post by Purple_fox
Guys, I did try to move my BAML to summer and they said you have to apply all over again. You can't just switch it :biggrin: (do we want that much?? :frown: )

When you've never been rejected for anything in your life, does it matter?
Some motivation for you lads:

'Do what you love' is great advice for making 20k a year.

Latest

Trending

Trending