The Student Room Group

Guys, if you were walking with a female friend...

And someone asked if you two were dating, and her response was "eww no". How would you react?

Scroll to see replies

I'd be a tad offended. Depends how she said it though. If she was laughing it would be less bad than if she had a face of disgust as though someone had taken a **** on her kitchen table.
I'd probably be offended, I think it's quite unnecessary for her to be like "eww" but if she said it in a jokey way than not as bad.
(edited 9 years ago)
It wouldn't make any difference as I'm not a child and don't get upset over petty ****e
Reply 4
That would never happen so
Nope, I'm horrible to all my friends so I'd probs say it first :P
Its happened, but I would say the same thing either way soo
"I have standards"
I'd be quite hurt and upset.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Yeah i'd be quite offended to be honest. But then i would probably end up making a rude remark too in a witty way. :cool:
Reply 10
Original post by Xenorebrem
Obviously I would laugh and carry on as friends.

lol, common sense prevails??

PS-Why the heck is it saying "Please prolong your post to at least 2 characters?"
I would cut her off as a friend. There is no need for the "eww".
As several have already said, it would depend how they said it. Saying it in a jokey sort of way would be fine, saying it in a more serious way would be different.
You're probably just slap bang in the old friend zone, and she doesn't think of you in that way, at all.
Original post by Zander01
That would never happen so

You find it that hard to find girls who will be seen with you in public?
Original post by scriberg
"I have standards"

As a girl, I know this could be what she was thinking
I would have to say that I would be surprised by it when they could have said something which would be more appropriate that wouldn't be inappropriate. I would probably have to cut the friendship.
I'm not gonna lie that would hurt me quite a bit. I'd probably pretend not to be and try laughing it off, but I'd be hurting inside :frown:
Original post by TurboCretin
You find it that hard to find girls who will be seen with you in public?

Well they only want to see me in the bedroom soo...
Reply 19
Not a guy, but as a girl if I said that it'd either be a) a joke, like 'Good God no, as if I'd date this bugger!' obviously in a banter-y way or b) I'd be caught off-guard and embarrassed by the question most likely because I had a bit of a thing for the boy in question.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending