The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Abdul-Karim
No clue

When you've never been rejected for anything in your life, does it matter?

Yeah, really wanted to go and ask them the exact abbreviation of their name and end our suffering
Original post by Bloxorus
What is this about receiving an email from UBS about which division you want to shadow in??

I had a telephone interview with them yesterday and I haven't received this email?!? Rejection?

I received the email and haven't had an interview, so don't worry. I'm guessing they've filled up certain divisions and are now asking for another choice, because i originally applied for the IB ones and Finance and then received the email today asking to choose from the other areas.
Original post by BumbleB33
I received the email and haven't had an interview, so don't worry. I'm guessing they've filled up certain divisions and are now asking for another choice, because i originally applied for the IB ones and Finance and then received the email today asking to choose from the other areas.

Ah okay. Thanks!
Original post by Purple_fox
Yeah, really wanted to go and ask them the exact abbreviation of their name and end our suffering

BAML
BofAML
BoAML

or the name that poster on this forum made BMAL :lol:
Sorry guys for the randomness but as you are already going for your spring weeks I want to ask you if you think an accountancy and finance degree from LSE would be good enough for Investment Banking.
Original post by SSpringer20
Sorry guys for the randomness but as you are already going for your spring weeks I want to ask you if you think an accountancy and finance degree from LSE would be good enough for Investment Banking.

do you want stupid answer to stupid question?
Original post by BumbleB33

they cant have, ibd ints literally started monday afternoon, i was one of the first handful according to hr. unless they are hugely cutting number of spots per division? :confused:
BAML
BofAML
BoAML

or the name that poster on this forum made BMAL :lol:

boss man all likeasomebodee? :confused:

That's the worst possible degree from the worst possible uni.

Jk, given you have the strong profile to go with it, it's fine.
Reply 5669
CS / MS are some examples that I know. Like 23rd some 28th. I don't know exactly, you might have to go back through to check the dates others have confirmed.

As previously suggested try and move BAML to summer. If it comes down to the two, obvs you want the BB, unless you have personal ulterior motives.

Both banks are BB
So what would be better and not its not a stupid question
Original post by Youk
Both banks are BB

Yeah, I reckon she knows what I mean.

So what would be better and not its not a stupid question

It's kind of a stupid question actually, no offence. Here's the list: https://www.linkedin.com/edu/rankings/gb/undergraduate-investment-banking?trk=edu-rankings-ctg-card

Nothing, LSE is good for Investment Banking. Oxbridge/LSE/Warwick/ICL/UCL
I was told by my Teacher that it is very weak and A&F is looked down upon. Also their must be some truth in it because why on earth will all these investment banking hopefuls try to do economics when a&f is less competitive.
I was told by my Teacher that it is very weak and A&F is looked down upon. Also their must be some truth in it because why on earth will all these investment banking hopefuls try to do economics when a&f is less competitive.

Your teacher probably knows nothing about the industry. Econ is probably percieved as stronger than A&F, but the fact that you're in LSE puts you above 80% of your competition.

Look, you're applying for a finance section studying at an university with an excellent reputation. They consider people from a non-finance course and non-target uni, so you shouldn't be worrying about your course.

In a previous thread you also told us that "So basically I want to study law at Oxbridge, LSE, UCL or Durham. What GCSE grades would be the average for each? I'm scared you need 10A*s but I will probably only get 5 "

​Go away please?

Take it from all of us, LSE doing any degree will place you ahead of the competition for IBs because it's LSE.
UBS is not BB anymore if you get what I mean. UBS stands for "Ur Bonus is too Small". UBS is obviously a BB in some regions like Switzerland but generally speaking UBS is not there where they were pre-crisis.

*there...

How did you get into LSE? :rolleyes:
Original post by paradeplatz
UBS is not BB anymore if you get what I mean. UBS stands for "Ur Bonus is too Small". UBS is obviously a BB in some regions like Switzerland but generally speaking UBS is not there where they were pre-crisis.

LOOL!

Latest

Trending

Trending