The Student Room Group

Age difference

Girl is 14 this year, I'll be 17 in December.

Is this okay? Or even legal?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Avoid. Her Dad would most likely batter you anyway.
Reply 2
Her Dad is a 5'6" Asian dude. Besides, I doubt he'd have anything against it.
Reply 3
i agree, avoid. come on, you're 17 this year and looking at girls who've just hit puberty? you can do better
She's 14 this year? So she's 13 right now? And you're 16?

I'd avoid...certainly, it would be illegal to do anything sexual before she's 16. In a few years an age gap of 3 years will mean nothing, but she is very very young.
Oh dear please find someone your own age

What's the point of getting in a relationship if you can't have sex with her in the near future let alone years....

You're not a pedo but how on earth are 13 year old attractive?
If there's grass on the pitch, play ball. :sexface:
I'm 17 and he's 23. Enough said.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by College_Dropout
If there's grass on the pitch, play ball. :sexface:

and if there aint no grass flip it over and play in the mud!
Original post by og.east
and if there aint no grass flip it over and play in the mud!

You naughty boy!
Avoid. Whilst 3 years isn't that much, at 14, it is.
Original post by frostyy
Girl is 14 this year, I'll be 17 in December.

Is this okay? Or even legal?

Personally, I think those three years are a time best reserved for developing ideas about relationships. When I was 13, I fancied girls for very different reasons than I do now I'm a more mature almost 17 year old.

Also, sexual activity is illegal and, although you'd likely never be prosecuted, many people would frown upon it.
My brother was 17 when he got with his 14 year old GF, she's recently turned 15 and he turns 18 soon and they get on really well and really suit each other. I think it depends on the people :smile:
Original post by Afghan Warrior
I'm 17 and he's 23. Enough said.

Posted from TSR Mobile

But would it have been okay when you were 11 and he were 17? Or when you were 14 and he was 20? Highly doubtful. Age gaps don't matter once you're over 16 imo, you're mature enough by then. But in your early teens, I don't think anyone is mature enough.
(edited 9 years ago)
Avoid! My sister is 15 and I would feel very uncomfortable for her to date an 'adult' let alone someone who is older than her. There is a large difference in level of psychological maturity, sexual maturity etc. Understand that she is too young for you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Just out of curiosity - if I'm 17 and the girl is 14-15, would even making out with her be illegal?
Reply 16
Oh, so nobody cares if I go to prison ;p?
I'm 18 and my boyfriend is 25. I don't see an issue with age. Good luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Natasha1996
I'm 18 and my boyfriend is 25. I don't see an issue with age. Good luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

But that's completely different. You're over 16. The girl in the OP isn't. Hence the issue.
Original post by frostyy
would even making out with her be illegal?

The age of consent is 16. Sexual activity is included in that, and can often include 'making out' if it goes to anything else. So if someone is considered an adult i.e. 18 or over, then they're committing a crime.

So in this circumstance no you're not committing an outright crime, but you're in that region as anyone 13 and under still comes under protection as sexual activity with a child. So at the moment, as we're discussing someone sexually mature and capable of consent (aged 16) being sexually interested in someone aged 13, it could be considered assault if sexual activity occurred and carry a max term of life sentence.

Long story short; Just steer clear bro.

Quick Reply

Latest