The Student Room Group

Rough Idea of Yr11

In Yr10 right now doing Additional science, btw i'm in the second top set. Gotta C+ in a recent Chemistry exam and a B- in a Physics exam I just want a rough indication on what grades i'll be on in Yr11.
Another question
How does Additional science work?
What units do you do?
you will probably be on the same grades and if you put in the effort you will be on higher, id give anything to be doing GCSE's again so much more easier compared to A levels trust me:frown: good luck!
Put in effort now and it'll be worth it. :smile:
Reply 3
How is A-levels easier than GCSE's?
Ive looked at some A-level pastpapers are they're just made of defining keywords and just longer marks for explain questions...
Original post by Zeetingman
In Yr10 right now doing Additional science, btw i'm in the second top set. Gotta C+ in a recent Chemistry exam and a B- in a Physics exam I just want a rough indication on what grades i'll be on in Yr11.
Another question
How does Additional science work?
What units do you do?

I don't know what grades you will be on. The second GCSE is more difficult, but with some hard work you will be able to increase your grades.

This may change slightly between boards, but in general you take B1, C1, P1 and a controlled assessment for your first GCSE, then you take B2, C2, P2 and a controlled assessment for your second GCSE. Your grades get combined at the end to give you a double GCSE.

Original post by complicatedstu
you will probably be on the same grades and if you put in the effort you will be on higher, id give anything to be doing GCSE's again so much more easier compared to A levels trust me:frown: good luck!

Yes, GCSE is easier but A-level triple science is much more fun and interesting.
How is A-levels easier than GCSE's?
Ive looked at some A-level pastpapers are they're just made of defining keywords and just longer marks for explain questions...

Which A-level, which paper? If you tell me I might be able to explain.
Reply 6
Original post by morgan8002
which a-level, which paper? If you tell me i might be able to explain.

aqa-chem2-qp-jun13.pdf
aqa-chem2-qp-jun13.pdf

Yes, I was surprised these are easier than ours(OCR). Still, there are only about 2 marks for definitions in this paper. There are also around 15-25 marks for standard answers to questions eg. photochemical homolytic free radical substitution reactions or Maxwell Boltzmann distributions, where you can write the same answer each time.
The rest of the marks (the difficult ones) come from either working out stuff or remembering loads of reagents and mechanisms.

Quick Reply

Latest