The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by elliemoriarty
I got an open offer for Engineering :biggrin:
I had to ask for a lot of help in the interviews so it was surprising! :colondollar: I'm really excited to find out which college I'll go to, but for the moment I'll just have to sit here feeling left out and college-less... :tongue:

Congratulations! Where were you interviewed? :smile:
I have an offer for Engineering too, from Keble and I feel like my interviews went the same haha! How are you feeling about finishing your ALevels/ stating at Ox?
Original post by anonlad
All the horror stories about the 'unmanageable' workloads and constant stress/tiredness is making me feel really worried about whether I'm actually going to enjoy myself

Same here! A piece of my heart is still at my insurance Uni knowing all the free time I'd have, all the places I'd have to go out to and all the partying I'd be able to do.

I love to have fun and I've ways imagined that's what Uni would be for me ( alongside studying hard obviously)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone has their Track updated yet? I know they say it's late January, but I can't wait to see it officially coming up on UCAS! Would also love to firm it instantly! (Got all 5 offers and absolutely certain about my choices now)
Original post by personage
Do you think if you say you got into Merton, people go oooo eerrrr you must be smart, and if you got a place at a college at bottom of NOrrington, do they go oooo errrr you must have scraped in? (I hope not!!!):frown: Or do most people in your experience not give a monkeys?:colondollar:

If they do do that to students at Somerville or Penbroke, what is in store for the PPHers?
Original post by jonathanyyt
Anyone has their Track updated yet? I know they say it's late January, but I can't wait to see it officially coming up on UCAS! Would also love to firm it instantly! (Got all 5 offers and absolutely certain about my choices now)

Not yet - the wording ("We PROPOSE to make you an offer...") is making me more worried by the day
Original post by Habbajabba969
Not yet - the wording ("We PROPOSE to make you an offer...") is making me more worried by the day

I'm literally starting to think it's a cruel joke
Original post by Habbajabba969

Oh wow does yours actually say that? Mine says "We are pleased to offer you a place", plus I've emailed them afterwards (my offer condition was very vague), they've checked and responded so I take it that I do have the offer. :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by yz5267
Congrats! Are you coming from Spain?
Guess I'll see you there in October :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope, I am about two hours away from oxford! The fact it's with Spanish law just means I get a year in Barcelona and carry on learning Spanish alongside law :smile: hopefully see you in October!
Reply 748
Anyone with a Mathematics (or joint schools) offer taking the IB? How are you feeling about getting the grades this May?
Has anyone had anything come up on UCAS yet? I'm getting slightly anxious...
Reply 750
Original post by Abigail255

Until now, nothing has changed on UCAS. It may take time especially that the website will be having maintenance.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Abigail255

Updates are expected at the end of the month - check previous posts on this thread, Abigail.
Original post by clh_hilary
If they do do that to students at Somerville or Penbroke, what is in store for the PPHers?

I think in reality LMH, Somerville, St Hughes and St Hildas are all cool places to be. The architecture might not be as ancient, but that's it. Any fans out there?
Original post by the1akshay
I'm literally starting to think it's a cruel joke

The wording could be more precise but it is used by some colleges making offers. If you are finding it difficult to live with the letter you have, my suggestion would be to ask for confirmation - although you don't have long now to wait until UCAS updates at the end of January. I think the college concerned would appreciate feedback on their letter and might change the wording in future to avoid this problem.
Original post by yz5267
Great idea!

Course: Computer science & Philosophy
College: Hertford
Outcome: Unconditional offer ^^
How you feel: Really happy that all the work I put in paid off in the end! My reaction was rather too calm though, maybe I was just *inshock*

WOW,mate,CS &Philosophy is my dream course:colondollar:Have you learnt a lot about CS during your gap year?Should I focus more on CS or maths as I'm a AS student ?
Original post by AKell17
Welsh biochemistry? Oh my mate Chris will be happy...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is he a first year currently? I think he might have been at my interview, I had a crappy day so he let me go for ice-cream with him :smile:
Original post by simba_n
Congratulations! Where were you interviewed? :smile:
I have an offer for Engineering too, from Keble and I feel like my interviews went the same haha! How are you feeling about finishing your ALevels/ stating at Ox?

Thanks! I was interviewed at Mansfield and Somerville -- the Mansfield interview was kind of alright, but I thought the Somerville one went terribly :s-smilie: I'm not too worried about my A Levels, I think the A* will be alright to get in Maths, but I've just got to hope I can get the A in Physics because I find the papers quite difficult to score highly on >_> Starting at Oxford, I'm just worried about the work load! And just hoping it won't be massively difficult :s-smilie: But looking forward to the sixteen week summer and six week holidays for christmas and easter :awesome:

Original post by aasvogel
High 5 for Open Offers!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha yes *high fives*
Original post by Renewhj
WOW,mate,CS &Philosophy is my dream course:colondollar:Have you learnt a lot about CS during your gap year?Should I focus more on CS or maths as I'm a AS student ?

CS offer holder here :smile: Oxford emphasize that they're looking at your mathematical and logical ability more than any CS knowledge. People can get a place without ever having coded before as long as they display the potential and ability required. However, make sure that they can see your genuine interest in the subject. Reading a couple of books is always a good start, though don't expect a huge chunk of your PS to appear at interview.

To give yourself the best chance I'd start looking at MAT past papers (the hardest one ever was this year and last year so good luck with your one XD) and familiarise yourself with its content and structure. With regards to the CS (mostly logical) questions in the MAT, I found What is the Name of this Book? to be particularly interesting and helpful.
Original post by Abi790
Is he a first year currently? I think he might have been at my interview, I had a crappy day so he let me go for ice-cream with him :smile:

He was! Lovely bloke
Original post by elliemoriarty
Thanks! I was interviewed at Mansfield and Somerville -- the Mansfield interview was kind of alright, but I thought the Somerville one went terribly :s-smilie: I'm not too worried about my A Levels, I think the A* will be alright to get in Maths, but I've just got to hope I can get the A in Physics because I find the papers quite difficult to score highly on >_> Starting at Oxford, I'm just worried about the work load! And just hoping it won't be massively difficult :s-smilie: But looking forward to the sixteen week summer and six week holidays for christmas and easter :awesome:

Haha yes *high fives*

I wouldn't really call the six weeks off at Christmas and Easter a holiday :lol:

Latest

Trending

Trending