The Student Room Group

The Somali Society Mk III

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Abdul-Karim
Just relax bro. It's not that deep. Education is moist.

JK, go ham and get those A*s

Where do you have offers for? What did you apply to?

Surrey, Nottingham , Queen Mary, Brunel and lastly just for the sake of apply derby.
Original post by MathsAddict
Surrey, Nottingham , Queen Mary, Brunel and lastly just for the sake of apply derby.

What for?
Original post by SophiaLDN
I know right. Look at Yemen now, it looks like they are getting punished already Allahu a'lam.

Shia taking over, Yemen is in bits while at least Somalia is making some sort of recovery.
Original post by Chukkeigh
Eyyyy myyy homeboyyy. How you doing tho?

I am sorry for acting like a prestige lightyyy by replying so late to this, but gurrrrlll hope you doing well iA. Haven't really come to this site for a while.

Haha yeah he barely come on here myself. Alhamdulillah im doing well my love :smile:
Hows uni?
Original post by Al-farhan
Daily timetable of work/what to do for each subject. Stick to it
Daily report of your activity (activity log) what you did what you didn't do, what were you supposed to do, did you follow your timetable..etc This will show you how you spend your time and better allocate it. As a rule of thumb if you missed out on a study session today make up for it tomorrow..etc = better time management.
Lastly hold yourself accountable, if we don't who will?!
See if that helps

Will do deactivated Twitter hardly use snapchat and Whatsapp. So i should be able to revise properly now.
What for?

Mechanical Engineering i think i am gonna hate it modules look mythical
Original post by SophiaLDN
I know right. Look at Yemen now, it looks like they are getting punished already Allahu a'lam.

Heyy random question: were you nervous about turning 20?

Im close and idk how i feel about it hahah. Mostly the fact that i wont ever get to use the teenage card anymore :tongue:
Original post by MathsAddict
Mechanical Engineering i think i am gonna hate it modules look mythical

Nah bro, go for it!
Original post by Secretnerd123
Heyy random question: were you nervous about turning 20?

Im close and idk how i feel about it hahah. Mostly the fact that i wont ever get to use the teenage card anymore :tongue:

Are you okay? It makes no difference to your life. It's just another number.
Are you okay? It makes no difference to your life. It's just another number.

everything is just a number to you aint it?
everything is just a number to you aint it?

No. Novels for example are a combination of letters.
No. Novels for example are a combination of letters.

smooth
All is well, where you been?

Just busy with life eyyy. Got a lot more responsibilities now, sigh, which absolutely suck. How about yourself? Is uni going a lot better now iA?
Just busy with life eyyy. Got a lot more responsibilities now, sigh, which absolutely suck. How about yourself? Is uni going a lot better now iA?

Hhaha, sweet. I don't go uni anymore. Got diagnosed with anxiety and depression, so dropped out. Eatin meds like biscuts yo, got the psyciatrist on deck.. life's guuud.

What responsibilities you inhibiting?
Haha yeah he barely come on here myself. Alhamdulillah im doing well my love :smile:
Hows uni?

Glad to hear! Uni is hectic, am off till next Monday so am well glad alhamdullilah. How about yourself? Make the best use of your first year sis! Network, network and network. Both with people in your course and outside. How is the Somali society going sis?
Hhaha, sweet. I don't go uni anymore. Got diagnosed with anxiety and depression, so dropped out. Eatin meds like biscuts yo, got the psyciatrist on deck.. life's guuud.

Bruh why you lyin 4?
Bruh why you lyin 4?

This happened 2 weeks ago.. so yh. Exam stress mostly, I think. Can't take it anymore, academia not the life for me.. applying tesco job.

What responsibilities you inhibiting?

AK I sincerely hope that you are kidding! You must be iA, you don't come across as a person that easily quits.

Got a baby with my babydaddy but he denying it is his. But I am like 45% sure it is his and not his bestfriend like he thinks, but he says that is not good ennuf. What shall I do??
Glad to hear! Uni is hectic, am off till next Monday so am well glad alhamdullilah. How about yourself? Make the best use of your first year sis! Network, network and network. Both with people in your course and outside. How is the Somali society going sis?

Im dropping out soon. I reallt dislike my course now. Its not how I thought it would be. Alevel psych was amazing but uni is a whole differenr ball game. Its extremely bio and maths based and it just makes me want to rip my hair out lol. And its only going to get harder 2nd and 3rd years and the modules are gonna get boring.I realised that life is too short to be unhappy for 3 whole years so im currently applying to do a Primary teaching degree inshaAllah :smile: i was gonna become a teacher anyway so this route is more convenient and i know i'd be alot happier doing it :smile: just need to fiinish my personal statement asap and sort my reference now. I met alot of great people who i know i'll always be in touch with and ive learnt alot about myself so far so i dont regret it.
The somali soc at QM is amazing!! The friends i made, the events (i acc learnt how to do the dhaanto properly haha!) just everything!! Gonna miss them but i'll still attend their events :tongue:
(edited 9 years ago)
This happened 2 weeks ago.. so yh. Exam stress mostly, I think. Can't take it anymore, academia not the life for me.. applying tesco job.

Im acc dropping out myself lol but gonna do another course.

I have a feeling youre not serious though...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending