The Student Room Group

What time can Uni offers come through?

Just out of curiosity, do they come through 24/7 or between set times of the day? Whats the latest time in the day you've received an offer?
Reply 1
I presume they only come through during University open times?
Original post by Fartbrain
I presume they only come through during University open times?

No. Universities send the information to Ucas, which uploads it in batches. Offers can come at all sorts of times, particularly near deadlines when the little Ucas pixies are working on overtime to get things out.
Reply 3
Wow, this was really interesting to know. Thanks!
I had one at 00.02, but yeah I didn't realise that either !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
I've only had one offer so far and that came through at 7.02pm, which is what got me thinking! I didn't realise they could come through till like early hours of the morning!
Haha I know ! It was strange, but it makes sense to be done in batches like that, I did think, do these people not have beds to be in ? Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Natasha1996
Haha I know ! It was strange, but it makes sense to be done in batches like that, I did think, do these people not have beds to be in ? Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm pretty sure much of the process is automated. (No, actually, they really are pixies.)
Reply 8
That's what I was thinking, poor ucas admin up all night and day sending out offers!
Reply 9
It would make sense for it to be automated actually!xD have any of you applied this year, and for where and what course?
Original post by Chlowah
It would make sense for it to be automated actually!xD have any of you applied this year, and for where and what course?

No, I'm a very old teacher.
Haha I know ! :') I've applied for Creative Writing at Portsmouth :smile: where/what have you applied for ??? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got one of mine at 12:30am from Portsmouth
Reply 13
I've applied for business studies at liverpool, Newcastle, leeds Beckett, manchester met and northumbria :smile:
Reply 14
I got an offer at around 5.39pm - I believe.

It also made me wonder since I'm always refreshing my emails and track.

Good question - I hope we can get an answer for this.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've had them come through anytime during the day! I've had one at 2am that woke me up before.
Three of my offers came around 2am and one came in at around 12pm

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending