The Student Room Group

My mock went terrible

I hadn't done much exam preparation before my mock with my teacher and ended up getting a U (53/140) it was pretty bad but after retrying some of the questions with some tips from the teacher I got a lot more marks than I did in the mock. Does anyone have any tips for my re-sit? Particularly for the last question (writing section) which I struggle a lot with.

Thanks
Reply 1
Any chanxe of uploading the essay so we can see
Reply 2
There'd be no point I didn't write much. I'm struggling with picking out the main points from the text really,
Reply 3
If you post it, we can help and give tell u what to write
Original post by willjustme1
There'd be no point I didn't write much. I'm struggling with picking out the main points from the text really,
Reply 4
Original post by naxiv
If you post it, we can help and give tell u what to write

Keep in mind this is after I've gone back to it. The third picture is meant to be second as well.
Reply 5
Original post by naxiv
Any chanxe of uploading the essay so we can see

[INDENT]Bfjfj irifk rihe waltz dhdh take me glows here it coming serenade siren jfjfjfj jejdjc ejejrj mdk oh hog oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh[/INDENT]

Fortunately you've got some weeks to do some solid learning.

20 new words/phrases a day ( half an hour), say them out loud, cover first the English and look at the German, then vice versa until you know the spelling, gender- and a phrase you could use them in.....go over yesterday's with the new ones. So by the end of the week you will have covered 140 . Language learning is all about repetition. Verbs are a killer for lots of people. Do you know them? All the irregular ones?

Learn the vocab, phrases, verbs in groups according to the topics.

Look at the language requirements for the essay question. Are they going to mark you on eg compound verbs, idiomatic phrases, ...
make a list of sentences using them so ... Once I had studied../ seen (pluperfect): if I had thought about... I would have realised....(conditional perfect....) etc.

Make a list of the sort of phrases you could use in any essay - so, first of all, on the one hand... on the other, in my opinion, after having considered all possibilities, in the end, whatever we think about...., and make sure you can use then accurately. Half your essay will have been done before you even get in the exam room.

I know it sounds strange but you should know more or less what you are going to write before you go into the exam. You should have prepared an outline of paragraphs using link words, the idioms you want to get in, the complicated verbs you want to use. All you have to do is choose the topic and slot the tenses, phrases etc, into it.

As soon as you are told to start write down the idiomatic phases you want to use, to make sure you do.

Many people think you can't revise, prepare for a language exam. They fail.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending