The Student Room Group

Summer Plans?

Any summer plans for you guys? its not that quite far off!. For me I'm just working :frown::frown::frown::frown: and preparing for University. Fun right?

Scroll to see replies

France end of June / start of July and then Dublin start of August.
Wanna get a job.. Hmm i dunno when to start looking.
I Will complain about the weather being too hot
On tour in Belguim with the youth orchestra for a week
Prepping my portfolio for uni
Few days down in london
Leeds fest
I'm gonna spend a month shadowing a vet in Romania :smile: I might do this NCS program, depending in the dates. Then I'm entering the sixth form...
Interrailing with my friend :biggrin: Then probably just chilling out n ****.
Reply 7
Original post by OU Student

Wow sounds like a nice plan, but I am planning to go abroad next year :smile:
Reply 8
Maybe a Pizza?:wink:
Original post by ordanez95
Wow sounds like a nice plan, but I am planning to go abroad next year :smile:

France will also be my first ever music festival and first ever time I've been flying.:colondollar:
SGP!!!!!
Reply 11
France will also be my first ever music festival and first ever time I've been flying.:colondollar:

Really? that sounds really exiting, last time I have been on a plane was a year ago and going to be on one in 2 months for a College trip. :biggrin: Flying and travelling is one of my hobbies. Are you going there with friends, family or both?
Thorpe Park, going to New York and Turkey, then getting ready for uni!!
Reply 13
Original post by TheHalfCentaur
I'm gonna spend a month shadowing a vet in Romania :smile: I might do this NCS program, depending in the dates. Then I'm entering the sixth form...

Sounds like a good plan! so tell us more about this NCS program? :smile:
Sounds like a good plan! so tell us more about this NCS program? :smile:

I'm only 15(I feel like a baby on here!) and there's this course program thing called the. National Citizen Service. It's a bit like DofE, it's for 15-17yr olds. The first week you spend in an adventure camp, doing kayaking and archery and stuff. The second week is spent at a uni-style campus, and you do teamwork exercises and learn to cook properly, do finances and you get to pick a skill like photography or something. The third week you fundraise for and carry out a project that will improve the community :3
Really? that sounds really exiting, last time I have been on a plane was a year ago and going to be on one in 2 months for a College trip. :biggrin: Flying and travelling is one of my hobbies. Are you going there with friends, family or both?

Yes, really! Went to Germany with school years ago; but they decided we'd go by coach. I am never doing that again - it took 24 hours! Going with friends.

nice dublin!
Original post by Carrot_Cake_13
Wanna get a job.. Hmm i dunno when to start looking.

likewise
Reply 17
Original post by TheHalfCentaur
I'm only 15(I feel like a baby on here!) and there's this course program thing called the. National Citizen Service. It's a bit like DofE, it's for 15-17yr olds. The first week you spend in an adventure camp, doing kayaking and archery and stuff. The second week is spent at a uni-style campus, and you do teamwork exercises and learn to cook properly, do finances and you get to pick a skill like photography or something. The third week you fundraise for and carry out a project that will improve the community :3

That sounds fun, if I have heard of this when I was your age I should have done it. Too late for me right?:frown:
Reply 18
Yes, really! Went to Germany with school years ago; but they decided we'd go by coach. I am never doing that again - it took 24 hours! Going with friends.

That must have been such a pain! I cant even spend more than 8 hours in the coach. Your school must be a cheapskate then :banana:
That sounds fun, if I have heard of this when I was your age I should have done it. Too late for me right?:frown:

If you're over 17 :-/
you can still do Duke of Edinburgh award, though! That stops when you're 25

Quick Reply

Latest