The Student Room Group

My friend got promoted before me

So some people from head office came down to where we work as they do every once in a while. My friend and i were due to be promoted today but he got it first. This made me angry because he's not as good as i am in my job and a lot of his work get's rejected or it's accepted after many alterations.

My other work colleague was also surprised because he also expected me to get promoted first. My work is almost never rejected and i work hard to get it as perfect as possible. Anyway they're still there tomorrow so presumably that's when i'll get my shot. I'm a little peed off as i didn't sleep well last night because i was nervous about today but nothing happened for me. I don't know what to do.
Maybe they do it in alphabetical order, Lucky before Worthy.
Reply 2
just remember that if you're too good at your job, you cant be replaced...
Reply 3
Original post by mosmof
just remember that if you're too good at your job, you cant be replaced...
This.

Incompetent arse-lickers get promoted out of the way.

Being gifted, hard-working, doing long hours, consistent quality, never complaining ... never get promotion.

See: about half of all the Dilbert cartoons.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
This made me angry because he's not as good as i am

I don't know what to do.

Evidently he is.

Get another job? Surely you can get one better than his if you're better than them - no?
Just wait... If you don't get it maybe they're seeing how you cope with it. But that's me being paranoid.
Original post by Flying Cookie
Just wait... If you don't get it maybe they're seeing how you cope with it. But that's me being paranoid.

Dat Psychological Warfare :ahee:
Reply 7
fight him

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending